Poly DVC rental questions

VeeHam

Mouseketeer
I have never rented points before and I am researching for our next trip from 5/29/16-6/4/16. I would like to stay at poly in a studio. I know these are new. How fast will these book up? Also, how do I know when I should book by? I don't want to book out too far but don't want to miss my chance. Thanks

You better make your rental arrangements pronto! You know that is Memorial Day weekend. Very busy!

By the way, if you can tweak your dates, May 27 will probably be another 24 hour party for summer kickoff. 6AM May 27 till 6AM May 28. It is great to be so close to MK for the 24 hours party.

Last edited:
Next week the 11 month window will open up for that reservation, so if you have found a Poly owner to rent points from, you should be able to do it soon. I would book sometime in the next couple of months with a Poly owner to be sure you get what you want. If it's not a Poly owner, you'll have to make sure it's done right on the 7 month mark to make sure you get it, if you can. The availability will disappear on that 7 month day, lol.

I was looking to rent from a "company". Not sure if I can say the name. I emailed them to ask when I should rent by. I do not know anyone who has poly points to rent from. Thanks for the advice. If I need to move it out one week, I will reluctantly.

then don't expect Polyn standard view - from a broker. most of the people who brought Polyn will probably use it themselves.

I was looking to rent from a "company". Not sure if I can say the name. I emailed them to ask when I should rent by. I do not know anyone who has poly points to rent from. Thanks for the advice. If I need to move it out one week, I will reluctantly.

The broker also needs to find an owner. Or rather HAVE an owner, because brokers simply provide a dating service with escrow. That may be very difficult. Poly owners are still mostly using their own points and aren't past the honeymoon period - and the broker will have a lot of requests and very few owners.

Magic Bands, yes.

Ability to use the dining plan - must be arranged with the member and paid for through the member
Magical Express - must be arranged through the member (I think, this may have changed).

No daily housekeeping unless you pay extra. If you want fresh towels every day, you'll pay extra (or wash them yourself)

Plan on no changes to your reservation once its made - no cancellation, no moving it by a night - particularly if you use a broker.

DVC studios (except at OKW) are a Queen bed and a pullout couch.

Checkin isn't until after 4:00 (sometimes you can get in earlier - often its really AFTER 4:00 - sometimes 7:00 or later), and checkout is 11:00. No late checkout.

I think those are the big differences.

After I posted on Thursday, 6/25, I looked at availability for BLT standard studio. Late May was all still open. I meant to get on 6/26 to make a 7 day res for BLT standard studio, starting May 26, but forgot. Today all May 26 & 27 standard studios are gone. Those are dates for next year's 24 hour party. You snooze, you lose. My own fault. Others did not forget.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter