Poll: Which room should I book???

Which type of stateroom should I book?

• Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom w/4' porthole

• Deluxe Inside Stateroom-save $1,000-$1,300

Results are only viewable after voting.
If there are only three of you, a sideways cat 11 is a great choice. You feel like you have more room since you enter the room in the "middle". Take a standard cat 11, rotate it 90 degrees and move the door to between the TV and the bath. We love the layout and it was the absolute hit of our DisMeet room tour on our cruise last Oct. Can't say that you actually have more room, but it FEELS like you have more room and it's definitely less congested coming in and out of the room. All the sideways cat 11s are in the forward area of decks 5 and 6 so very little traffic and very quiet - but easy access to elevators, etc.

That would have been worth thinking about-but from what I can see on the DCL site the only Cat. 11 rooms available are on Deck 7 only-no sideways rooms.

Which brings me to another question...to TA's have access to other rooms that aren't showing up as available on the DCL site?

That would have been worth thinking about-but from what I can see on the DCL site the only Cat. 11 rooms available are on Deck 7 only-no sideways rooms.

Which brings me to another question...do TA's have access to other rooms that aren't showing up as available on the DCL site?

I do not think so, unless they 'reserve' a lot for a cruise at first tier pricing, the do this on some cruises, but apart form that all available rooms are available on DCL Website and through TA.

On our first cruise we had an inside room, and it was fine because we didn't know what we were missing. Once you have a window or especially a verandah it's really difficult to go back to an inside room, at least that's our experience.

I had a feeling it was like that...so maybe start low before we know any better.:rotfl:
After going deluxe a WDW I can't bring myself to ever even consider a value resort. I'll consider a mod...but seem to keep booking deluxe.

I cruised Princess cruises many times before DCL, and a couple of the ships didnt have so many verandahs so you had to purchase inside rooms.

I must say I personally found thoose claustrophobic and on the lower decks I siffered a bit of seasickness.

I found booking a verandah helps and you do not feel claustrophobic, its nice to wake up with the daylight coming in, I open the curtains during the night, and look to first thnig to see where you are.

I love the Cat 4's everyone I have been in have been great,

I will use the verandah a lot on this forthcoming Panama crossing cruise, and wont have to worry about getting hot out on deck or loosing my spot.

Now the problem is I have a CAT 3 FOR 2009, will I be able to go back to a Cat 4?

Ooohhh Cat 3! That sounds so nice-have a great trip!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter