Poll -- Should There Be Changes To The Rent/Trade Board?

Should We Change The Rent/Trade Board?

• Yes -- Let's create a subforum for rental questions.

• No -- I like things just the way they are.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Well like I stated earlier take a walk over to the resort, restaurants, or parks page and on any one given day, you'll see the same question asked over and over again. I sometimes see the same question on the first page by 2 different people.

Oh, I know that is true over there, lol, but until recently that was not the way it was over here. ;)

Maybe renters could put Renting in the title that way, others renting might notice it and be able to get the info they are looking for without asking the same questions.

Sammie said:
Maybe renters could put Renting in the title that way, others renting might notice it and be able to get the info they are looking for without asking the same questions.
Good idea too! That way, if renters did a search, we can just do a search under "renting" and alot would come up that way.

lisareniff said:
Perhaps we need a person now and then to say "DO A SEARCH!!!"

Since the majority of questions asked on these boards are 99% repetitive, this could apply to just about any question. I fear we would soon find the front page filled with "do a search" replies to questions. Out of the pan and into the fire!

I've found the best solution is still to click on threads that have interest and on those I feel I can contribute. Otherwise, I pass it by. Everyone was new here at one time. A little slack can go a long way when it comes to making people feel welcome!

I am a new DVC owner, the closing is in the process as I type. I have literally spent hours on this board trying to find answers to my questions. When I did ask a question about renting points it didn't get answered, now I guess I know why. I don't have my literature yet and I stated that in my question. Maybe I posted it in the wrong place, I am still learning. There seems to be so much to know that I just don't want to make a mistake with the points.

kimberh - Hang in there...you'll be an expert before you know it (I know we all think we are :teeth: ). You can PM me if you have a specific question and I'll do my best to help.

I personally don't think this is a huge deal. I see people posting the same things over and over on all the boards, not just here. But it's crazy how many owners feel so superior to renters that they will be downright rude to people asking innocent questions. If you don't like the rent/trade option, don't partake. But who says you can be rude to other people who like the option? You don't OWN Disney World. You own a vacation home for a few weeks. Big difference. :rolleyes2

How ironic...I was just thinking this morning what a good idea a renter's subforum or sticky would be and I happened onto this post.

As a first time renter (I will be renting for 2007), I have had tons of questions. I still do, and do not want to bother my DVC owner everytime I think of something I would like to know (although she is very, very gracious about answering questions).

I think a forum like this is truly needed since renting points can be a particularly trying experience for the novice. There's really no reason not to have, IMO.

jarestel said:
Since the majority of questions asked on these boards are 99% repetitive, this could apply to just about any question. I fear we would soon find the front page filled with "do a search" replies to questions. Out of the pan and into the fire!

I've found the best solution is still to click on threads that have interest and on those I feel I can contribute. Otherwise, I pass it by. Everyone was new here at one time. A little slack can go a long way when it comes to making people feel welcome!

Well Said....Im sure many of the experienced members here were excited new members and maybe a renter at one time......and asked all the same questions ;)

I am a DVC owner, and have rented out my points (3 times). All 3 went smoothly, mostly because the people who rented the points seemed to be easy going. I just got back from WDW and rented a villa from someone for a couple of nights (not at DVC). I asked her how much, she told me, I signed the contract, sent the check, all was well. I think people make this renting thing so much more complicated than it needs to be.

A well written sticky wouldn't help because most people don't want to bother with reading they just want to ask a question, this is the same thing with not using the search function. I'm a first time renter and didn't need to ask any questions because I used the search function then read the DVC FAQ. Any questions after I found a owner was directed to that owner.

Just my two cents.

I'd like to see separate boards for those offering points to rent and those wanting points to rent.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter