Poll: Should Disney Ban iPads From the Parks?

Should Disney ban full-size iPads/tablets from the parks?

• Yes, please!

Votes: 200 40.2%
  • No, thank you!

Votes: 104 20.9%
  • Just in certain areas like parades, shows and rides...

Votes: 187 37.6%
  • Other (because someone once said you should always have an other option)

Votes: 7 1.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't carry anything that won't fit in my pocket. Disney is big enough without carrying a bag with me. My iPhone is good enough for me

I don't see why everybody cares so much about what other people are doing. If someone wants to record with their iPad what's the big deal? I enjoyed using my selfie stick on my last trip and outside of one person at wishes I got no complaints about it.

If you want to be able to tour the parks without being annoyed at other guests than pony up the $10,0000,0000,000 to rent MK for a day for yourself. But as long as we're all in this together we should be considerate of each other. If a person wants to tape a ride/fireworks/parade with their iPad that is up to them. Why do you think you should be able to criticize them? Just mind your own business and leave other people alone.
See post #8
I don't see why everybody cares so much about what other people are doing. If someone wants to record with their iPad what's the big deal? I enjoyed using my selfie stick on my last trip and outside of one person at wishes I got no complaints about it.

If you want to be able to tour the parks without being annoyed at other guests than pony up the $10,0000,0000,000 to rent MK for a day for yourself. But as long as we're all in this together we should be considerate of each other. If a person wants to tape a ride/fireworks/parade with their iPad that is up to them. Why do you think you should be able to criticize them? Just mind your own business and leave other people alone.

I voted yes simply because I think our society has become obsessed with recording every little thing in their lives now due to all the new technology that makes it easier to do so. Are people actually watching their videos over and over or are they just using them to torture unsuspecting houseguests like my parents did?:crazy2:

I note that you do not object to generalizing people who do this kind of thing as jerks, was that just an oversight? Assuming it was, please amend my previous suggestion for a designated view area to the "Awesome Dudes and Easygoing Dudes" section. My point remains the same -- people act like Awesome Dudes because they know Easygoing Dudes will do nothing about it.

Also, please read the term "Dudes" to include people of all genders.
LOL - Have a nice day. Wow! o_O

The family in front of me during my last trip was trying to record the festival of the Lion King on both an iphone and and ipad and I could hardly see. I guess I wouldn't have minded so much if they were getting a good shot but it looked terrible! I would never want to rewatch that! What was the point???

I think if they add something to the announcement it might just make people more mindful of those around them. Not necessarily saying not to record the event but to be aware of their own recording devices and the others around them. Some people just get so swept up in getting their vacation on film that they forget others are around them and maybe just mentioning it will remind them.

I don't care what people bring to the parks it's how they use them. You say leave people alone and let them do what they want but when you have dozens of I-Pads in the air during a show or parade it does affect others.

If people were considerate of others we would not be having this discussion!

It amazes me how these issues keep coming around every time there is new technology. When the first video cameras came into the park, and they were large shoulder mounted units, you could hear people complain how they blocked the view. Then came video cameras with smslln1.5 - 2 inch screens and people complained about the light. Then there were DSLRs that had swivel screens so you could hold them high over your head and still see what you were shooting. And yep complaints. Then cell phones bring used on rides. And now iPads, really people please say tablets there are a lot out there that are not iPads.

I'm not saying the complaints didn't have justification. But what I am saying is none of the previous technology got banned and neither will tablets. The real issue is how much you allow the new technology bother you. I'm not happy either but I refuse to get so bent out of shape that I let my emotions ruin my vacation. I adapt because I know that a couple of years there will be another technology coming along we don't know about that will annoy us all and I'm not going to let that next one ruin a vacation either.

Count me in the camp of 'why must we record everything???' Youtube it. I also don't really understand GoPro cameras in most applications. I saw a group of boys boogie boarding on spring break, intently recording their below average attempts at catching a wave. Who wants to watch that? Skiing down Mt Everest? Go ahead. Record it. Watching Wishes, of which you never face the actual camera at the people you are with? Go find the same video elsewhere!

Not sure about banning as the reason for banning selfie sticks has nothing to do with "annoyances". But for me, if it doesn't fit in my pocket, it's staying home. I go where I am only responsible for myself (no kids) so I just bring my wallet, my keys, phone and any pills I need for the day. That is it. The phone is an Iphone 6 plus so it is more than sufficient for picture takng. As far as rides, I can view any ride on Youtube, no need to record or take pictures.

iPads are not a safety issue, so I doubt things will ever change. I wish they would, but I won't hold my breath.

I see people with iPads at the school concerts and theme parks and I don't get it. They're expensive and I wouldn't want to drag it around in case it got broken!

On broadway ushers are very unobstrusive about telling people to remove iphones and ipads. so its possible for the inside show portions to do it wihtout intruding I would think. For huge crowds for castle lighting I doubt there'd be anyway to enforce it since theres no room to move in them.

Broadway being a totally different type of venue than a Disney park.

Exactly. There would be no way to enforce a ban on using Ipads during fireworks that wouldn't be even more distracting than the Ipad itself. If someone blocks your view, be it with an Ipad or a child on their shoulder you have 3 options: Move, ask the person nicely to put said object down, or sit and stew.

So I changed my vote from "other" to "Yes, please!" after reading the great comment from the CM who explained why the selphie sticks were banned...

I think it's just a matter of time until someone is seriously injured by an iPad...

I had someone beside me in January holding a very small point and shoot camera, either constantly snapping pictures or recording video of the FoF parade, and they had the damn camera in front of my face 90% of the time. He was a foot shorter than me and had his arm extended out as far as it would go waving it around and half of my pictures ended up having at least some part of his camera in the shot. I get that you want the shot. So do I. But common courtesy is something that way too many people are starting to let slide.

that I had to see Beauty and the Beast at dhs through the full size ipad of the girl sitting right in front of me. She taped the entire show with it holding it right above her eyes (because SHE had to see the show). It was packed so changing seats was not an option once the show started and she pulled out her ipad. Politely asking her to lower it only resulted in this dazed look of incomprehension as if she didn't understand me.

Man I would have talked right into her ipad the whole time it was taping about how some idiot holding up an ipad was blocking the view of those behind her, if she didn't lower it it would have at least ruined her video

Don't get me wrong, I love my Ipad, Kindle Fire, etc.; but trying to watch any of the shows, parades or fireworks at WDW is getting downright ridiculous because of all of the people holding up those notebook paper size Ipads. Being 5'3" makes it difficult to see when the people in front of you are holding the Ipads above their heads, being height challenged is my problem but the lack of courtesy on the part of many is their problem.

I think it would be a good idea but I am betting Disney will never ban Ipads for the simple reason they are closely affiliated with Apple.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter