Poll on Packing Cubes

Do you use packing cubes?

• Yes, always. I unzip them and put them in the drawers with my clothes still in them

Votes: 49 44.1%
  • Yes, always, however I take my clothes out of them and put clothes directly in the drawers

Votes: 13 11.7%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 9 8.1%
  • Never

• I use ziplocks

• I use nothing

Votes: 14 12.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tinkerone

DIS Veteran
With the many threads on packing cubes and the multiple responses I wondered exactly how many people actually use them and to what extent.
Please answer the survey and lets see what the numbers actually look like.
Thanks

I don't always use packing cubes, but when I do I put them straight into the drawers. And I hang up LOTS of clothing.

I using cubes and envelopes for our Alaska cruise next month for the first time. I think I might unpack the clothes.

We use them on every cruise, but only at the end of the cruise so we can compress the dirty laundry to make room for all the stuff we purchased. :)

I only use them for my daughters because I prefer they pack one large bag instead of two separate ones since they each have a carry on too. It helps keep their stuff separated (they even have different colored cubes) so there isn't as much chaos searching through the bag for whose shirt is whose since they are too lazy to unpack their clothes onboard and put them in drawers. At their ages (teens) I'm glad to help them pack so they don't forget any essentials and I know they are bringing appropriate dinner clothes with them, but I draw the line at unpacking for them!

I wish you could caveat your poll answer. I don't pack everything in them, but I do use them for underwear, socks, swimsuits and t-shirts. Everyone gets their own and it keeps the small stuff organized.

I do enjoy using my compression cubes and personally I unpack them and put my clothes in the drawers and let them unwrinkled.

We all have our own bags and haven't ever used packing cubes. We are currently packing and leaving tomorrow and have thought about getting them but then I can't bring myself to spend $20 to $40 on something that I don't really need. I can definitely see using them if you don't have "pockets" in your luggage or if you share luggage.

I use packing cubes going and compression bags coming home (I can't handle putting clean clothes in a compression bag that carried dirty clothes for days). I generally pack in the cubes by types of clothes - unless I have a split stay. Then I pack all items for each stay in separate cubes.

I haven't used them yet, but I bought them for our upcoming cruise. I am packing this weekend, so I should have an opinion soon. They ended up being a lot smaller than I imagined. I bought 3 sets, 2 of them assorted size and 1 set mediums and they all fit into one big plastic UPS mailer envelope. I was expecting a box or 2, honestly.

I haven't used them yet, but I bought them for our upcoming cruise. I am packing this weekend, so I should have an opinion soon. They ended up being a lot smaller than I imagined. I bought 3 sets, 2 of them assorted size and 1 set mediums and they all fit into one big plastic UPS mailer envelope. I was expecting a box or 2, honestly.
thats the beauty of them imo. i have them in three different colours, one for me, one for dh and a black set to put dirty clothes in for coming home. in total i have about 15 bags and they all fold up, when not in use, and stored in one of the mediums. couldn't be easier. i always know where they are.
by the way, i throw the black set in with the dirty clothes when i get home and have never had a problem. i air dry them.

I wonder if you and I bought the same ones? I bought 2 sets of the assorted sizes and when I saw the envelope, before opening it, I thought they'd just sent me one set. Nope, both were there!

I haven't used them yet but I'm sort of excited to.* Packing really stresses me out, so if I can add any kind of organization that'll be a big win for me...this is the biggest reason I want to try them. Also, I'm an overpacker, so if they help me get my suitcase shut more easily that will be a good thing! :)

*Yes I know I'm weird. I'm okay with it. :)

I use packing cubes but for the most part don't even take them out of my luggage (couple exceptions, like the ones that hold swimming stuff, which fit nicely on one of the shelves in teh closet, cube and stuff inside it). We do NOT use the drawers at all.

SW

I got mine in the mail today too and saw the mailer and was like what in the heck!!

I wonder if you and I bought the same ones? I bought 2 sets of the assorted sizes and when I saw the envelope, before opening it, I thought they'd just sent me one set. Nope, both were there!

I haven't used them yet but I'm sort of excited to.* Packing really stresses me out, so if I can add any kind of organization that'll be a big win for me...this is the biggest reason I want to try them. Also, I'm an overpacker, so if they help me get my suitcase shut more easily that will be a good thing! :)

*Yes I know I'm weird. I'm okay with it. :)

Ha, probably so. I got mine from ebags. I had two sets of assorted sizes and the other one was mediums. I am excited to try them. I almost wished I had ordered another set for DD's clothes. But I usually pack hers in ziplock bags. Her clothes are tiny and don't take up much space. However, we do have some princess dresses and those are kind of big.

I got mine in the mail today too and saw the mailer and was like what in the heck!!

Glad to hear its not just me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter