• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Poll: Newer Disney Movies vs. Older Disney Movies.

Older (pre 1990) or Newer(post 1990) Disney Movies

• Older

• Newer

Results are only viewable after voting.

pedigot1

Officail disney world nut, or so my wife says!
Do you Like the newer Disney Movies (say after "Little Mermaind" 1989, ie: The lion king, Mulan, The emperors new grove, Home on the range, Lilo and Stitch, Beauty and the Beast, cars, Toy story, The Incredibles, monsters inc. etc) or older Disney movies (Including "Little Mermaid" 1989 and Before ie: The Little Mermaid, Jungle book, 101 Dalmations, Lady and the Tramp, Robin Hood, Sword in the Stone, Bambi, Dumbo Etc.). I think I prefer the older ones, but it's a hard choice.
Thanks

I think it's hard to lump 'The Lion King', 'Little Mermaid', 'Aladdin', and 'Beauty & The Beast' in with the same movies such as 'The Emperor's New Groove', 'Hercules' and whatnot. I consider the four prior movies some of Disney's classics- no matter what year they were released, while the ones that came afterwards seemed to always leave me... wishing there was something MORE to the movie (although I DID enjoy 'Lilo and Stitch').

Hmm. I agree with PP who said some of those can't be lumped together. Although I enjoyed Cars and Lilo and Stitch, they just can't be compared to Beauty and the Beast, and The Little Mermaid.

The older, the better!
The new ones can be funny, but you just can't replace those classics...:wizard:

I was born in '88, and so "The Little Mermaid," "Beauty and the Beast," "Aladdin," and "The Lion King" were literally the building blocks of my childhood. We had the VHS tapes and all of the soundtracks on cassette tapes, which I literally played until they were worn out. "Beauty" was the first movie I ever saw in a movie theater, and I still remember the goosebumps I got when I saw the ballroom scene with the chandelier. And that was sixteen years ago! I have to say that while I enjoy "The Emporer's New Groove" and the Pixar movies ("Toy Story" and "Finding Nemo" being the two closest to my heart.), I can't lump them in with what I call the Fab Four (see above). I do enjoy "Lilo and Stitch" because I find the message behind it to be very touching, and "Mulan" is a favorite in my family because of Mushu alone. :lmao:

As for the older films, the only ones I truly remember from my own childhood are "Peter Pan" and "101 Dalmations," both of which I loved and watched over and over again. Over the years, I've developed an appreciation for them all, both old and new, but I think I will always be mostly attached to "Mermaid," "Beauty," "Aladdin," and "Lion King" because they were the ones that I literally grew up with. For me, they are where the magic first began! :wizard:

i prefer the older ones, the animation and the music etc, the newer ones dont have that as much

I prefer the older ones because they are so cool to watch. I mean they do lack color but thats why I love them.

I miss the music of the older movies. I also consider Aladdin, Little Mermaid, etc. "classics."

I prefer the older ones because they remind me of my childhood. I can remember being so fascinated with Sleeping Beauty, it is still my favorite. There are some newer ones that I think are great like Monsters Inc, Beauty and the Beast, Little Mermaid and Aladdin. You just can't beat the classics though!

While I love The Lion King, The Little Mermaid and some of the other newer ones (Mulan is grossly under rated); I must say I like the classics better! Dumbo, Fantasia, The Rescuers, and Robin Hood are awesome. Let's no forget the non animated classics too like Bedknobs and Broomsticks!

There are really almost three periods of Disney animated movies. The classical (golden) age: Snow White, Pinocchio, Lady and the Tramp, et al.
The second age is the junk animation ones created to compete with the new medium television: 101 Dalmatians, Robin Hood, Aristocrats. (I am not judging the stories, just the poor animation.)
The third is the new age, after Eisner said the heck with all the garbage: Mermaid, B&B, Aladdin, etc.

:hippie:

Such a choice....Hmmmm... I dont think I can pick... I love them both... Honestly The older ones are classics to myself and my DH (jungle book, mary poppins, chitty chitty bang bang, flubber.. I can go on and on) but I get just as excited watching the new films... I think Cars is hysterical, lion king has an unbelievable soundtrack..... Disney has a fan for life w/ me so new, old or just a new release I will always be a fan of both! :) :banana:

Thats old ... LOL.... little mermaids :rotfl2: I guess I'm a caveman.... :eek:

I love :banana:

Swiss Family Robinson

20,000 Leagues Under the Sea

Songs of the South

Jungle Book

Dumbo

Bedknobs and broomsticks

Robin Hood

Mary Poppins

Snow White

What about originals vs. remakes. (Freaky Friday, Parent Trap, Herbie, etc) I prefer the originals!

Personally, my favorites will always be Little Mermaid and Beauty simply b/c of the unsurpassed Menken and Ashman collaboration...but then, these were also the movies that pulled Disney back from animated movie purgatory. So they have a soft place in my heart. (I also think that any time Disney has used big names to do the voices of the characters, it kind of ruins the magic for me...not sure why).

But the rest of my loves are the classics. :love:

As for old or new Parent Trap, they both get equal affection from me. :)

I think it's hard to lump 'The Lion King', 'Little Mermaid', 'Aladdin', and 'Beauty & The Beast' in with the same movies such as 'The Emperor's New Groove', 'Hercules' and whatnot. I consider the four prior movies some of Disney's classics- no matter what year they were released, while the ones that came afterwards seemed to always leave me... wishing there was something MORE to the movie (although I DID enjoy 'Lilo and Stitch').

I do agree I think those 4 movies as older disney movies. I remember going to the movies to see all 4 of them as a child. those are some of the best. My favorite though is Lady and the Tramp.

I love both!
For older, I love: Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, Snow White.

But there are so many great new ones also! Beauty and the Beast, Little Mermaid, lion King, Toy Story!

i also agree previous posters. To me, Lion King and Little Mermaid are from the same era...the newer movies are the ones created with Pixar, with no fun songs for me to put on my iPod :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter