Poll- Is Palo a must for you?

is Palo a must do?

• Yes Brunch

• Yes Dinner

• Yes, brunch and dinner

• Not a priority

Results are only viewable after voting.
I think the tenderloin is much better in Palo then in the dinning room, but food is subjective some might not agree.

The service is amazing, don't get me wrong I have always had great service in the dining rooms also.
Its a different atmosphere in Palo, its quieter and a little more relaxed.
The servers are very attentive up there too.
You just feel like you are the only couple in the place.

I love both dinner and brunch.
Brunch to me is a total package. You have great food and beautiful scenery of the ocean.
The Chicken Parmesan is so good.
Our last cruise was only a 4 nighter with no sea days, we were bummed they didn't offer a brunch on this cruise. We really missed it.

GIve it a try, you won't be disappointed.

Dinner used to be a priority but the last time we skipped it because we think it's not as good as it used to be and we've been disapointed. So sad.

Yes.

-The MDR's are loud and crazy and for me often overwhelming. I prefer a quiet place to eat.

-In our experience the food is always better at Palo then the MDR's. But generally I am never impressed with the MDR options.

-For us it is an actual dinner date. We very very rarely get a chance to have us time away from the kids at home. (And its nice to get away from all kids)

Dinner used to be a priority but the last time we skipped it because we think it's not as good as it used to be and we've been disapointed. So sad.

We found this to be the case for both dinner and brunch in 2011 due to our favorites being dropped from the offerings. Not as good as our first visit in 2004. Use to get the best filet mignon at Palo. Now it's the tenderloin. We are trying it on the Fantasy for the first time and really hoping it will be better.

For us, it's more about a meal without kids, slower pace and quieter, more relaxed dining than in the MDR's...

Brunch and dinner at Palo are a must for us on every cruise.

In my opinion the difference from the mdr to Palo is
- the atmosphere, it is quiet, romantic, and you can take your time enjoy and relax
-the staff is AMAZING, dont get me wrong my servers in the mdr are always nice but come nowhere near the service I get in Palo ( even on different ships) Im sure this is because you pay extra for it so they try to cater to you more.
-The food. This is exactly the type of food we love to splurge on when we rarely get the chance to and if you were eating that type of meal at home it would cost about 10x more and is always sooo good and worth it!
-It is a date night for us on the cruise. It is the only time we really get that on the ship.
Lastly- THE CHOCOLATE SOUFFLE :goodvibes

I really miss the high tea they used to do...

I voted for dinner but brunch is very good as well.

We usually plan Palo dinner for pirate night because we are over all the pirate stuff and don't care for the typical pirate night menu. pirate:

Brunch and dinner is a must for us! The brunch display is gorgeous. And the food quality is outstanding. The atmosphere is quieter and calmer than the other restaurants.

i'm sad that they've gotten rid of high tea. That was also fun to do.

Being a solo cruiser enjoying a Palo's brunch for me is a must do. Although I've gone for Palo's for dinner a few times I do prefer brunch.

Thanks everyone, I think we will skip it this time but appreciate the info. We are going on this trip to have the extra time together so I dont want to miss family time. We are fortunate to be able to travel and dine at great places with-out kids at other times of the year plus with oceaneers club activities, I am sure we will have some quiet time if we chose.

We just got back from our first Disney Cruise on the Wonder and had Brunch at Palo on the first sea day. We loved it and will never miss Brunch on our future cruises. I wouldn't do dinner though, because we enjoyed the time with the family and really enjoyed the time with the servers!

We will be trying the brunch for the first time on the TA cruise. All times are available, we would prefer a later time. Is it still worth it, to go at noon? Or are earlier seatings better?

bobbiwoz said:
We will be trying the brunch for the first time on the TA cruise. All times are available, we would prefer a later time. Is it still worth it, to go at noon? Or are earlier seatings better?

I liked later because then I could still eat breakfast with my son, not feel rushed, and have the brunch for lunch.

We did brunch this past January, but I had to put my foot down to get my DH to do it. After three previous cruises having not done it there was no way I was skipping it again! So we did it, and my DH LOVED it! After the cruise he said, we should have done the brunch again, and try dinner next time too....."next time" we are in the Walt suite, so we can order it anyway

We have done brunch twice and dinner once. The service is great and atmosphere is wonderful for brunch, but I could really take it or leave it now. We are going on an 8 day in a week and neither me or my wife really wanted to go this time. So for us it is definitely not a must any more.

I've done brunch and dinner on most cruises usually both. I love going out to breakfast as it is my favorite meal. We did brunch on our November 2012 Thanksgiving cruise on the Fantasy and I was very disappointed. It wasn't as good as the Magic brunch I had in the past. The portion sizes were tiny but that could be what the trend is to eat less. But usually I just eat brunch that day and then, I don't eat again until dinner. I find the portion sizes in the dining are smaller than a regular restaurant so, it seems like you can sample more variety on the cruise. However, the portion sizes were very small at our last brunch that it took away from the flavor of the food. The pancakes were just off from prior cruises. I really missed the stollen bread and cream. The grape pizza was good and the benedicts were good. I have to admit I didn't roll out of there like on previous cruises. That's mine whine for the day. I guess, there could be worst things but I still like the atomsphere and the quiet adult time so, it won't stop me from going in the future.

On our second cruise we tried Palo Brunch. Since then we are addicted :thumbsup2 This is really a must do for us and also cruises with no sea days are no longer an option for us since this cruise (because Brunch is only on sea days).
We never tried Dinner since we are not really into heavy dress up - so brunch is perfect for us!

hope that helps!

Did brunch once and honestly wasn't that impressed. :confused3 I doubt we will go again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter