Poll- Is Palo a must for you?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by jm106, Feb 7, 2013.

?

is Palo a must do?

1. Yes Brunch

2. Yes Dinner

3. Yes, brunch and dinner

4. Not a priority

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. jm106

jm106 DIS Veteran

I dont believe we will have a meal at Palo but of course, I need some experienced crusers POV.
    Brunch?
    Dinner?
    Not at all?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Heyriddle

Heyriddle Mouseketeer

We have never gone for brunch but have for dinner. We LOVE it.

4. PrincessShmoo

PrincessShmoo DIS Veteran

If I could, I do brunch on every cruise.

5. robhawk

robhawk DIS Veteran

Brunch is fabulous! Will be doing both in two weeks. First time for dinner.
    Might just change my vote!

6. maria-fan-22

maria-fan-22 DIS Veteran

Only been to Palo once for dinner. It is a must! The Beef Ravioli and the Chocolate Souffle! :lovestruc

7. Meghatron

Meghatron DIS Veteran

Try to do both. IF you can only do one, do brunch. The sun is up so you can actually appreciate the amazing view and you don't have to sacrifice a dinner in an MDR or a show you haven't seen if this is your first time onboard. :)

8. Heyriddle

Heyriddle Mouseketeer

Oh the chocolate soufflé!! 198 days and counting!

9. kcashner

kcashner DIS Veteran

For us, it depends on priorities....and length of cruise. We believe that dinner is family time, so I didn't book Palo until my daughter was 18. On a short cruise, not a priority and way too many people wanting way too few reservations.

Now, yes, we do Palo on each cruise...but it wouldn't ruin our cruse to not do it.

10. SweetSpot

SweetSpot DIS Veteran

I can't accurately answer the poll because it depends on what tone you are going for on the cruise. When we cruised with little kids it was the last thing on my mind, as they got older we found a way to get to Palo usually for brunch because it is great and we could still dine with our children. Brunch is amazing and I love it but if I want to bum at the adult pool it's not worth getting up, getting dressed nice, etc. Dinner is longer and takes you away from other things you could do, shows, kids, pools, etc.

Both are excellent meals. After 11 cruises we have done a mix of all one meal, both meals, etc. Palo is really a wonderful meal and experience but we have not gone on many cruises and not missed it at all. It is a very personal decision of how you want to spend your time and really no matter your choose the cruise will be great, even without time at Palo.

11. lbgraves

lbgraves Little Cinderella's Mommy

It doesn't make or break the cruise for us. We haven't gone to Palo each cruise and it was fine when we did not. We do prefer the brunch there.

12. jdb in AZ

jdb in AZ <font color=green>It could end up curdled<br><font

Once we reach platinum status and Palo is a freebie, then we'll probably do it again. Til then it's more of a been there, done that instead of a "must do."

13. luv2sleep

luv2sleep DIS Veteran

Brunch! I didn't get that much out if dinner.

14. holula

holula DIS Veteran

I would eat at Palo every day if I could. Definitely a must do.

15. wiigirl

wiigirl DIS Veteran

Brunch! :)

16. jayteadunn

jayteadunn Earning My Ears

We have done the brunch on the magic and the fantasy. The last one was 3 hours with a couple we met on the ship. Awesome time. Beats Remy hands down. Would go back to Palo in a minute. We did Remy one time it was like Times Square in news years eve. Once was all we needed.....,,

17. tinkerone

tinkerone DIS Veteran

the one time we did brunch I felt bad because we really didn't need the waiter but he kept hovering. we didn't eat much, not that big of eaters and pretty much bypassed the desserts. he wanted very very badly to pack up a tray of dessert selections so we could take it to our room. no but thanks, but you must, no but thanks.....it got a bit annoying.
    I think the problem is we are were much the type that likes to have you take our order and walk away. don't want to make to much small talk, i'm good.
    now if you like to be waited on (read babysat) than this is the place for you. they are the most friendly staff I've ever met and work hard to get you to eat more....and more....and more.
    at one point I think he felt he wasn't going to get a tip if he left us alone.
    again, it was all great but not our style. we are simple people.

18. PizzieDuster

PizzieDuster DIS Veteran

We feel it's a great way to break up the same ol same ol in the dining rooms.

19. MikeAndNick

MikeAndNick If you can dream it, you can do it.

I did brunch with a large group from the DIS board. That was very fun. Did Dinner with a group of 8 from the DIS board. The people where great but to me the food was OK. It was a nice adult relaxing dinner.

20. DVCNuts

DVCNuts Platinum At Last!

No brainer. Dinner is a must. Brunch is a nice to have.

21. jm106

jm106 DIS Veteran

So what is so unique about Palo- better quality? menu? atmospher?
    I am just not sold on the idea yet. We are traveling with our 2 kids as our family vacation.