Points returned due to issue

disneyma

Can't wait to get back to DVC and Disney....
Hi
Stayed at OKW and had a maint. issue in the room. The points for the night were returned to my account.

My question is that they show up as not bankable points. Is this correct? Since the returned the points to me do I need them to make an adjustment or is it I have to use them before the end of my use year?

Thanks

I am not sure, but I am curious about this as well.

I am curious what were your maintenance issues? On our room at the Grand Californian, the Bathroom door didn't lock, but we didn't say anything because it wasn't a big deal to us.

Hi
Stayed at OKW and had a maint. issue in the room. The points for the night were returned to my account.

My question is that they show up as not bankable points. Is this correct? Since the returned the points to me do I need them to make an adjustment or is it I have to use them before the end of my use year?

Thanks

Were they banked points when you booked the reservation? They should have the same status as the original points. If they don't, contact MS.

:earsboy: Bill

I'm thinking that it was a lot more than just a faulty lock to get the points returned! If that were the case there would be a lot more points getting returned these days...:rolleyes:

Hi,

Call member services if you want to bank them. We had a problem with our room and we had to move. We got that night's points credited back to our account. We called member services and told them we needed to bank the points because we were not coming back to Disney for a year and they banked the points for us. Hope this helps.

Have A Magical Disney Day!
Debbie

Hi,

Call member services if you want to bank them. We had a problem with our room and we had to move. We got that night's points credited back to our account. We called member services and told them we needed to bank the points because we were not coming back to Disney for a year and they banked the points for us. Hope this helps.

Have A Magical Disney Day!
Debbie

Were you totally moved in and unpacked? Just wondering because our last stay, we checked in but did not immediately go to our room - went to DTD, then went to our room. It was 11pm and we were all tired from travel and then being at DTD. Walked in the room and it had not been cleaned from previous guests.

We had to switch rooms. They gave us a $50 credit, but I would have rather had my points back for the night.

Just curious in case this happens in the future.

Miz Diz,

We were in the treehouses for 3 days when there was a water leak in the ground under our unit. We just happen to come back early that afternoon to relax while the men were playing golf and there were five or six men under our unit. They hold us they were looking at some water issues. They did not says anything about we might have to move. About an hour later we get a knock on the door saying they have to turn our water off and we will have to move and to call the front desk for more direction. We called the front desk and were told they would send someone to help us move. I asked about being compensated for moving (our husbands were golfing). They said that they could not do anything because it was a maintenance issue out of there control. I was not happy but packed up and helped the one guy move all of our luggage and food to another unit. So, there went our afternoon of relaxing and the evening due to packing and unpacking. I called members services the next day and asked to speak to someone about us having to move yesterday. I was connected to a very nice lady with the member satification. She could not believe that we were not offer anything for our inconviences. She said we would get a nights worth of points credited back to our account and would also put a $50 credit on our room for dinner. She stated that we should have gotten both yesterday for all of our trouble of having to move. She said she was going to call the front desk to find out why we did not get yesterday because it was unacceptable to have to call them to get what was due to us. I also was able to bank the points since I was not going to be able to use them by the end of my use year even with being pass the banking deadline.

Thanks,
Debbie

p.s. Our husbands got back in time to help us finishing unpacking that night....

I'm glad Member satisfaction got it straightened out. Sorry you had to move at all. Like the posts above I would think the points should be bankable unless they had already been banked. Call MS.

Were you totally moved in and unpacked? Just wondering because our last stay, we checked in but did not immediately go to our room - went to DTD, then went to our room. It was 11pm and we were all tired from travel and then being at DTD. Walked in the room and it had not been cleaned from previous guests.

We had to switch rooms. They gave us a $50 credit, but I would have rather had my points back for the night.

Just curious in case this happens in the future.

Any compensation will be determined by MS or the front desk and will not be the same across the board. You may have a relatively minor issue and seem to receive a huge compensation, while someone with multiple issues might get a small cash credit.

They do not have to provide you any type of compensation by law, unless you are totally displaced and sometimes by pushing for something or trying to get more will cause more trouble and less compensation.

We had a number of issues the last time we were at OKW and they ended up returning 1 nights points as well.

Our air conditioning at SSR did not work. We had maintenance over 3 times and each time they said it was fixed, but it wasn't and it was 85 degrees in our room. There was a lot wrong with the room, like handles missing on the drawers so that you couldn't open them, no pack n play, broken lamp, I think it was a room maintenance used for parts by the appeaarance! Anyway, I just happened to see the evening manager when we were leaving and I quietly told him that I was really disappointed in our stay, and we had never experienced this at SSR. He was very apologetic and took all the information, dates and times, and refunded us half our points for the week. I was shocked that he did that, and was very grateful. I wouldn't have asked for it, wouldn't have had the nerve!

On our last trip to BCV we had multiple issues with our room, keys and ability to charge items to our room. The manager gave us a credit for one night. To our surprise, it was not points, but a cash credit at the rack rate!

Our air conditioning at SSR did not work. We had maintenance over 3 times and each time they said it was fixed, but it wasn't and it was 85 degrees in our room. There was a lot wrong with the room, like handles missing on the drawers so that you couldn't open them, no pack n play, broken lamp, I think it was a room maintenance used for parts by the appeaarance! Anyway, I just happened to see the evening manager when we were leaving and I quietly told him that I was really disappointed in our stay, and we had never experienced this at SSR. He was very apologetic and took all the information, dates and times, and refunded us half our points for the week. I was shocked that he did that, and was very grateful. I wouldn't have asked for it, wouldn't have had the nerve!

There is no uniform standard for compensation. We had the same issues at KV with the air conditioner in our 2 room villa not working. We spent 2 nights with no air conditioner in the master bedroom. We also talked to the manager, and got nothing, not even an I'm sorry that you are sweltering in the June heat.

Edited to add that although we received no compensation for having no air conditioner, the bellman at BWV dropped one of my bags on our last trip and broke a bottle of wine. They gave me $100 in compensation for my wine. How's that for a random policy?

Any compensation will be determined by MS or the front desk and will not be the same across the board. You may have a relatively minor issue and seem to receive a huge compensation, while someone with multiple issues might get a small cash credit.

They do not have to provide you any type of compensation by law, unless you are totally displaced and sometimes by pushing for something or trying to get more will cause more trouble and less compensation.

Thanks for the info.
We didn't even ask for the credit, so we assumed it was standard. We did have to call the front desk twice to get our room moved. First person told me they would call back. Waited a while and never heard anything. Called again. Maybe they offered the $50 because they figured the first person "dropped the ball."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter