Point-n-Shoot?....show your Magic!

3872_zps9093a4e5.jpg

everyone's pictures are SO gorgeous! :thumbsup2: i need a new camera desperately-my old canon powershot just doesn't get it anymore. i need to shoot DD15 in the marching band, and i can't get any good closeup shots at all.

can anyone recommend a really good P&S with the photo quality shown here for $400 or less?

I guess this is the ultimate in "point and shoot".....my phone's camera!!

06281220241_zps9aa50e8a.jpg

06281220131_zpsdd3b5da5.jpg

everyone's pictures are SO gorgeous! :thumbsup2: i need a new camera desperately-my old canon powershot just doesn't get it anymore. i need to shoot DD15 in the marching band, and i can't get any good closeup shots at all.

can anyone recommend a really good P&S with the photo quality shown here for $400 or less?

As you can see from my giraffe close up at the beginning of the thread, the Sony HX30 or HX20 (or HX200 if you want a bridge style) would be a great choice for outdoor daytime shots. It is even a more awesome camera when you realize it can be shooting HD 1080 60i video And take a 13mp still picture every few seconds.

But stadium lighting is a lot darker than you imagine. Most, if not all of the darker shots on this thread are the results of slow shutter speeds which means any motion would become a blur. My experience in nighttime lighting mostly results in slow 1/30 or 1/60 shutter speeds. You might get lucky and get some nice shots with DD standing still.
You could hope for something "as good as"
DSC01161.jpg

Or
DSC02361.jpg

But this might be as good as you get (and it really does not belong in a magic thread)
DD279B43-3729-4D09-8A55-E0F9193F25CA-1406-000001BCDE9A6B4B.jpg

In stadium lighting you are really fighting physics, there is just not enough light to saturate a small point and shoot sensor...and I don't want you to miss capturing those great memories!

3829_zpsdf2487ce.jpg
The past 2 nites the sky has just been amazing in NH. The color of the clouds and the sunsets took my breath away.......Sorry, I only have a "point and shoot" camera....Hope someone had the right equipment to capture this......

momof1princess;

I take my pictures with a Panasonic Lumix It has a 16 zoom on it and only cost about 150.00 at walmart or Best buy. I love it.

momof1princess;

I take my pictures with a Panasonic Lumix It has a 16 zoom on it and only cost about 150.00 at walmart or Best buy. I love it.

I have the newest Panasonic with a 20 zoom and I love it too.

I have the newest Panasonic with a 20 zoom and I love it too.

Very nice arent they? I seen one today thats the same kind of camera with a 40 zoom, at target for 275.00 thats gonna be my next one when I get the money.

GORGEOUS!

i bought a book to help me out, it's called "understanding exposure". unfortunately, it's too big to d'l on the nook with 3G, so i'll have to take my nook to work tomorrow and d'l it on wi-fi.

I also bought the book and it's on my kindle. I also printed out the manual for the Canon. I found that I needed it to refer to. As I said before....I'm a slow learner!!! There are alot of "special effects" on this camera that I need to play with. Keep posting your pictures, I enjoy seeing them!

i would like to post a couple of pictures i took at DD15's band competition this past saturday, but i don't know how. well, i know HOW, but i don't know where to put them to link them to here. what sites do y'all upload your photos to? i had an account on a site at one time, with several photos on it, but it's been a few years ago and i don't remember the name of the site...LOL.

the photos were taken in sports mode, since the band was moving, and they didn't turn out very well. i'm hoping someone can tell me what i did wrong. i know in a couple of them, the fault lies with the zoom.

i would like to post a couple of pictures i took at DD15's band competition this past saturday, but i don't know how. well, i know HOW, but i don't know where to put them to link them to here. what sites do y'all upload your photos to? i had an account on a site at one time, with several photos on it, but it's been a few years ago and i don't remember the name of the site...LOL.

the photos were taken in sports mode, since the band was moving, and they didn't turn out very well. i'm hoping someone can tell me what i did wrong. i know in a couple of them, the fault lies with the zoom.

Photobucket!!!!

I also use Photobucket to post. You just copy the IMG code[it's the last code] and paste it to your message. Good Luck!
Susan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter