POFQ room location question

Looking at a map - building 4 is closest to the bus stop. We've never stayed there but from what I've read, it's relatively small and walking to anything within the resort is minimal. We'll be staying there for the first time in November. Have a great trip!!

POFQ is so small, you're walk even from the furthest building will be less than 5 minutes. We were in Building 1, facing the parking lot and it took us 3 minutes to get to the main building and everything else! I love how POFQ is so small, there really isn't a need to request specific rooms.

We had building 4 last time and it was the perfect location. I requested the same for our next trip.

I was in building 2 facing the pool and it was great. It really is a tiny resort so no matter where you are its no longer than a 5 minute walk to anything. Have fun!

POFQ is on the smaller side so no matter what you shouldn't be too far. We stayed in building 6 and were only a short walk to the pool/food court. We could also cut thru bulding 4 to get to the bus stop quicker.

We also were in 6....and it was great! Actually, since the walk from anywhere in that resort is so short, I would actually suggest an outside building. The view is amazing!!

We were in 5 once and in 3 twice. They are short distance from the food court and bus stop. Definitely 5 minutes or less. Any bldg. would be fine. POFQ is very compact.

we stayed at POFQ last year for the first time and I agree with the other posters, the size of the resort is so compact you can get anywhere in 5 minutes. I would base your decision on what is most important to you, pool location, water view, bus stop etc. Getting around the resort is very simple. They generally have outdoor movies in the open space between 4, 5 and 6. That was right outside our door so the kids enjoyed that.

We stayed in building 6 and it was never more than a 3 minute to the pool, bus stop,or main building. We were on the 2nd floor and had a view of the river which was fabulous! We found the resort to be very quiet and family oriented and had to keep reminding ourselves that we were in Orlando,not New Orleans......lol

We'll be staying here for our first time next month. From what I'm reading, I may not even request a specific building and just request a corner room, upper floor (we have a standard view room). We're four adults, no kids. :goodvibes

We've always requested building 4 and 5. As long as you avoid 1 or 7, you are pretty golden though.

The first time we went we were put in the furthest room in the entire resort, Building 7, Floor 3, far end of the building from the pool/food court. It was still probably only 5 minutes to the bus-stop or pool, but we requested a room change. Since then we've been in Building 5 twice.

We've always requested building 4 and 5. As long as you avoid 1 or 7, you are pretty golden though.

The first time we went we were put in the furthest room in the entire resort, Building 7, Floor 3, far end of the building from the pool/food court. It was still probably only 5 minutes to the bus-stop or pool, but we requested a room change. Since then we've been in Building 5 twice.

For someone that is more interested in the Hotel during their stay instead of the parks, building 7 is a great location. 5 minutes tops to be at either POFQ or POR pools and food courts. Same walk to the Riverside boat launch to ensure you get on the boat:), and to the horsey driven carriage...and building 7 is the quietest and least populated building in all of disney (IMO). To me, you get the benefits of both hotels while staying in a beautiful New Orleans style wing with great scenery all around you. And the corner rooms river view are just plain great...!:thumbsup2

Now then, I always have preferred to stay in building 2 bottom floor (love the cobblestone streets and little courtyards outside your room). Last time we had the corner room right by the boat dock. Sweet room and since it is such a quiet resort, the pool is not nearly as loud as the values. Pool bar is great and the bartenders are wonderful. Love POFQ! Stayed in all the mod's and it is by far our fav.

We've stayed in building 7 twice and loved it! It's just a few minutes to the lobby and bus stop and we liked being slightly closer to POR. The walk over there is beuatiful! We loved the food court and pool at POR much better but love the small size of POFQ

We booked POFQ for our Sept stay and I have to say Ive very excited! We are use to deluxes and CL recently but since I was laid off we are taking it down a notch or two, I love that the resort is small, I love that you can get to DTD from a boat and I cant wait for this trip!

Are any of the buildings considered preferred? I would like something looking out to the cobbestone streets and a corner room to get two windows can anyone suggest what building to ask for?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter