POFQ CLOSING INFO THREADS-UPDATED & CLEANED UP!

I called Disney again today about the closing. I have kind of a weird situation going on, and I told them that I was a bit nervous about my reservation because I've had some problems with it. I was originally booked at the ASMo, and at one point they lost my reservation. Just last week, I upgraded to the POFQ. The day after I made my reservation, I received a call from Disney, and was given a new reservation number that began with the letter K. Well, no one seemed to know anything numbers that began with the letter K, and they had trouble finding my reservation when I spoke with them on Monday, and again when I spoke with them today. At least now, I know that my reservation exists.

Today, the cast member offered me an upgrade to the Contemporary at about $250 more for the three nights. She told me that they are expecting upgrade packages for a "nominal fee" to be put in the system in the next few days, and put me on a callback list.

So, I hopefully something will come out soon.

Karen

Last year when they closed the CBR, the upgrades for the most part were to AKL or WL with a very, very few moved to the Polynesian. No telling what they'll do this year, but if they offer upgrades, I'd bet it's going to be pretty much the same offer. A few tried to get YC, BC and others, but I never heard of anyone getting them. Sounds like the Contemporary offer wasn't much more than a normal charge you'd get when upgrading under regular circumstances. If I didn't have any preference on a moderate if that's all they ended up offering, I'd definitely wait.

An upgrade from a moderate to a deluxe for $10-$30 per night is a very good deal!

I also had an SOG overflow rate at POFQ. When I called Shades, they told me that since they had contract rates they would only put me in another moderate. I told them no. They quoted me AKL for more than the current codes that are out. I was mad!!! I cancelled the May trip and October trip with them (note: they are different than Disney). They said I wouldn't receive my refund (paid check and Visa) for 4-6 weeks. So not only did they mess up my plans but wanted to keep my $ for 4-6 weeks. I spoke to a CM at Disney reservations. She is trying to apply it to a new reservation at AKL. Note: We are now staying at the Royal Pacific at Universal for 3 nights $109/night and AKL only 2 nights. Between the 2 trips, Disney is losing a lot of money from me. I guess what really aggravates me is that they screwed up and then can't refund my money quickly.

Anyone else agree that this is just a nightmare? I'm sorry for what happened to you polkadotwinnie. I hope it all works out and you have a wonderful vacation despite all the aggravation.

Thanks a bunch.. I hope you get called soon and have better luck than we did.

Okay, I've been waiting more or less patiently for 'the call' and got it this afternoon. We were booked at POFQ for 5/6 - 5/11 at the FL resident rate.

We were offered CBR or CSR at the same price. I specifically asked about POR and was told that 'about half' of that resort would be closed as well. We really do not like CSR and I know DH will not stay there again so I asked her to check for any other resorts at less than $100 per night for passholders &/or FL residents. WL was not available, AKL was almost $700 for the 5 nights.

At this point I specifically asked about "upgrade specials" for POFQ ressie holders and was told that nothing like that was available. She said that POR was not being moved and POFQ was small and at low occupancy levels so almost everyone could be accomodated at other moderates. The only exception MIGHT be during holidays periods and those ressies had not been addressed yet.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news to those hoping for a cheap upgrade (like I was), but that's the version of the story I just got.

Cathy

I'd like a little advice... We're scheduled to be at POFQ 5/9-5/12, we picked POFQ because it, was smaller and had boat rides to Downtown Disney. If no upgrades are being offered, which resort CBS or CSR would you reccomend for 2 adults without kisd for the first time ?....... Leaning towards CBR for the location.

Thanks in advance,
Rick

ps no Call yet:confused:

Cathy-
I'm sorry to hear that there was no inexpensive upgrade offered to you at this time. I did call the relocation number I was given and was told by another CM (Claudia) that the deluxe resorts would be offered at an upgrade cost when that info is in the computers (by the weekend). I guess my thought is that they should either release the same info to everyone or don't release any info at all. :(

Rick-
First, let me say-welcome to the DIS! :)
That's the question these days around these boards. I suggest that you check out the CSR and CBR threads here on the DIS as well as other boards to see what amenities they have to offer and take a look at the theming. I'm not sure what would appeal to you and your DW, but you can really get lots of good info from these sources.
CSR:http://disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=324638
http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/resorts/csprings.htm
http://www.wdwig.com/faq_cs.htm
http://www.wdwig.com/g_cs.htm

CBR: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=325191
http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/resorts/cbr.htm
http://www.wdwig.com/faq_cbr.htm
http://www.wdwig.com/g_cbr.htm

I hope this info helps!
Have a good night everyone :)

welovedis,
Thank you, for the links:) .. I'll check them out and I guess wait for the call.

Rick

bumping ~

I tried to book this resort last November for 5/15 - 20/2003, and was told it would be closed. The woman may not have used the word "closed," but i did not interpret it to mean that there were no more rooms available at the discounted rate I was using (those rates had just come out). She seemed a little confused too. I really wanted POFQ, but settled for Riverside with a h/c room.

Good luck everyone & keep us posted!

Well obviously I missed their call if they are calling those of you who are arriving after us. They must have called in the evening and got a busy line. Should we call them? Do you think it would be better to wait until the weekend in case the upgrades are finally in the system? I would have liked Riverside but if they aren't offering it I guess that's not possible. We loved our stay at CBR but I seriously doubt our chances would be very good at getting all 3 of our rooms near the food court. I don't look forward to limping all the way across the lake. I didn't care for CSR at all when we stayed there. I just don't know what to do now.

I think I would hang in until Friday or Monday at latest. If you haven't heard anything by Monday, call them. When are you you scheduled for? Maybe we'll be there at the same time. We'll be in Orlando May 2-9. If you end up at AkL, May 7-9 maybe we will be neighbors.. Best wishes!!!

I posted a thread about it , but my mom got the call today. She was booked May2-4. They only offered CBR and gave her the number to call on Fri (or monday, if the info wasn't in the system yet). The number is for upgrade offers.

weluvdis....got your PM and replied back! Thanks

Susy, I hope everything works out for your Mom and she gets changed to a nice resort. Let us all know what happens when she calls. Thanks

Just a little addition to my earlier post about my discussions with the cast member today. I was offered a room at the POR, but she quickly moved on to ask me if I had stayed at any of the other moderate hotels, and I told her that I had stayed in all of them and wasn't as happy at the others as I was at the POFQ. She asked me why I didn't like them, and I explained to her that I didn't like the CSR because the rooms weren't very sound proof and I didn't like the way they ran the food court. I told her that I didn't like the CBR because it was much too big for my liking and I didn't like the 15 minute walk we had to make to the food court.

I have been told by at two different cast members that there will be upgrades available for a "nominal fee" available soon. The cast member I spoke with today asked me which hotels I may be interested in upgrading to, and put those in my reservation. She seemed to be pushing the Contemporary. I told her that the Poly or somewhere near Epcot would be my first choice, but she seemed insistant on putting the Contemporary in my file.

I told the cast member I spoke with today that in all the trips I've planned to Disney World over the years, I've never had the problems I've had with this reservation (losing the reservations completely, being assigned a new reservation number that noone could access, etc.). I told her that I was a bit nervous about my reservation because people can't seem to locate it using the new number, and wanted to know for sure that it did in fact exist (I'm still waiting for a confirmation letter--I wish now that I took the cast member who booked me into the POFQ's offer to fax the confirmation).

So, I'm still waiting to hear what they say next. I have over four months until my trip, so I'm just going to hold out as long as I can (even though I hate the waiting). My sister works for a travel agency, so I have her listening for the "buzz" about this.

Karen

Ooops! weLOVEdis! Sorry about that.

polkadotminnie, hopefully we will be staying from the 3rd through the 10th so I guess we will be sharing some days. Enjoy AKL!

Before I found the discussion groups on the Internet, I used to book our WDW trips through a TA. I can remember them saying to me that the room reservations didn't actually get sent to Disney until two weeks prior to our arrival. Do you think Disney is going to let all of us hang that close to our arrival dates to do something? I am so frustrated over this. I've been planning for a year. Now I feel like they put me out on the street.

There are rooms left at POR in late April early May as I was able to book one yesterday. We were going to stay at Fantasy world club villas but after reading bad reports, changed our stay to onsite POR. As there are 5 of us I guess we will be put in AB section. If I had to move from POFQ to another moderate I would choose POR.:jester:

Hello ~

I haven't posted here since my last Disney trip.
I was browsing and found the information about the POFQ closing. What a surprise! My family (including my 70 year old mother & my sister's entire family) had reservations for the POFQ starting June 20.
We had made our travel arrangements through a TA.
I called Disney direct, was told the same stuff as all of you ~ wait until the end of the week.
I then called my TA. She told me we could be moved to another moderate, or "upgraded" to the Swan or the Dolphin.
What would all of you do? The Swan/Dolphin would be at no additional charge.
(I have already stayed at the CBR & POR; prefer to try out new hotel)
I'm glad I came back to this site! The information here is invaluable! Thank you for any replies.

Wow, the Swan & Dolphin for no extra charge? I think I'd take that. At the very beginning of this trip we were booked at the Dolphin but when my son got his hours cut at work we decided to help him out by paying for his room. We are already paying for our daughter and new son in laws room as a wedding present. Three rooms were too costly so we changed over to PO/FQ.
Good luck workin4vacation. Keep us updated on where you end up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter