• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Podcast Cruise 6.0!!! Official Info

Greetings again everyone. We just got off the Disney Fantasy (June 4-11), so we had not been thinking as much about our RCCL cruise. Time to start paying attention again.

On the morning of embarkation of our Fantasy cruise, we stopped by the Welcome Center to say hello to Teresa and friends. She gave us a couple of extra gifts to take on the cruise. It was a nice way to begin the day.

Also, while on the Fantasy, we joined DVC. I need to learn a little more about the DVC Merry whatever on Dec 2.

Greetings again everyone. We just got off the Disney Fantasy (June 4-11), so we had not been thinking as much about our RCCL cruise. Time to start paying attention again.

On the morning of embarkation of our Fantasy cruise, we stopped by the Welcome Center to say hello to Teresa and friends. She gave us a couple of extra gifts to take on the cruise. It was a nice way to begin the day.

Also, while on the Fantasy, we joined DVC. I need to learn a little more about the DVC Merry whatever on Dec 2.

Welcome Home!

Merry Mixer is in Epcot. Probably from 3-5. You get a rice krispie treat or a cookie, a chance to win a door prize, there's refreshment, dancing, character interaction, and a chance to sit down and meet some fellow DVCers. They sell some merchandise, and as you leave you get a DVC ornament.

Welcome Home!

Merry Mixer is in Epcot. Probably from 3-5. You get a rice krispie treat or a cookie, a chance to win a door prize, there's refreshment, dancing, character interaction, and a chance to sit down and meet some fellow DVCers. They sell some merchandise, and as you leave you get a DVC ornament.

Thanks for the info. Since that requires an Epcot ticket, we will probably pass. If / when we get our annual passes, it won't be until our trip next May. Now to look at Mickey's Merry Christmas at MK.

Thanks for the info. Since that requires an Epcot ticket, we will probably pass. If / when we get our annual passes, it won't be until our trip next May. Now to look at Mickey's Merry Christmas at MK.

They have had it at non park venues in the past, but I think it's been held in Epcot for at least 5 years now.

If you do decide to go to MVMCP, check to see if there's a DVC discount for the date.

My sister and I have decided to go to the BLT's lounge, TTOTW to see the fireworks on Sunday.

I so wish I could go on this cruise! I sure hope I can catch the next one! Fall 2018 would be perfect, hint hint. (I will be 50 in Oct that year!) Hope everyone has an awesome time!

Good afternoon, we had to cancel this cruise because our son's college calendar won't allow for it. If Mikelan6 wants to delete us from the stateroom list we were in room 10191. I wish you all sunshine and smooth seas!
-Sandy

Hey everyone.....well, we are under (just) 5 months now until we sail. Can't wait until they start talking about the cruise on the Podcast. I'm sure once the anniversary weekend is finished, they will begin to give us tidbits of info. Is anyone else besides me ready to start up the conversations?

Hey everyone.....well, we are under (just) 5 months now until we sail. Can't wait until they start talking about the cruise on the Podcast. I'm sure once the anniversary weekend is finished, they will begin to give us tidbits of info. Is anyone else besides me ready to start up the conversations?
Hi Cheri. I'm sure the mega meet has been their main focus. I'm excited about that. We leave on Friday! The cruise is in the back of my mind but I haven't really started thinking about it yet. Too much to do between now and then. Definitely looking forward to it, though. It'll be the first time DW and I have cruised on our own without DD or other family members along.

Us too, also hoping that once the mega meet has concluded that we will start to hear some information regarding the cruise.

Not sure it will happen that fast. I know that three of the podcasters will be away in late August doing the Northern Italy & Switzerland ABD trip. So, I think they will be more focused on that in the near-term.

Not sure it will happen that fast. I know that three of the podcasters will be away in late August doing the Northern Italy & Switzerland ABD trip. So, I think they will be more focused on that in the near-term.
I also think, as we've seen with the mega meet, that a lot of the planning is beyond the team's control. They need approval for everything they do from Disney. They've spoken before about how that delays the process and is why they can't announce events as early as they would like to.

Just be patient and trust that as soon as they have info to share, they will share it. They don't withhold info just for the heck of it. If they're not telling us stuff, it's because it isn't nailed down yet, approvals haven't been granted, contracts haven't been signed, etc.

For those of you who have sailed with RCCL before, how dressy is their formal night? Do we need to pack a tux or is a dark suit ok? What are you planning on wearing for formal night?

Larry

Our experience on RCL has been that things are very relaxed as far as "formal" night goes.

For those of you who have sailed with RCCL before, how dressy is their formal night? Do we need to pack a tux or is a dark suit ok? What are you planning on wearing for formal night?

Larry
Our experience has been that RCCL has a more formal feel on their formal nights. We see more tuxes on RCCL. We have been on more, longer RCCL cruises, with an older crowd. That may be the difference. Tom and I are not that formal, a dark suit is fine for Tom, I wear a pant suit as usual.

Larry

I have been on several RCCL cruises. A suit will be fine on formal night. They do not strictly enforce it either. On my last cruise, I didn't pack for formal night and figured I would just eat at the buffet during it. They ended up serving lobster that night, and my wife and I wanted to eat in the main dining room. So we put on our best clothes and went in. We were still dressed up more than others.

Some were full on evening gowns and tuxes. Others were cocktail dresses and suits. Others were polo shirts and summer dresses. No one really cared.

Go how you want and do not worry about others. People do formal night for fun and tradition. If you don't want to get all fancy, don't. If others want to give you shade for not participating, oh well. You don't know these people, lol.

I do think it was easier for my wife and I, because we were lucky enough to not share a table with others. However, I still think we would have been fine if we were with others. I say dress how you want. If RCCL really cared, they would just tell you to eat at the buffet (they don't).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter