Podcast Cruise 6.0!!! Official Info

For those of you who have sailed with RCCL before, how dressy is their formal night? Do we need to pack a tux or is a dark suit ok? What are you planning on wearing for formal night?

Larry

My husband will be taking his dark suit with dress shirts and ties. I will most likely have 2 cocktail dresses for the two formal evenings.

Since our opportunities to dress to the nines is limited, getting the chance on the cruise is a lot of fun.

For the other evenings we just work along the lines of cruise casual - dress slacks or khakis with a button shirt for my husband and I usually wear either casual dresses or slacks and a dressy style top.

We enjoy dressing for dinner

:) For anyone that is interested . . . The entertainment venues have opened up on the cruise planner for our cruise.

You can make reservations for all the shows now.

Dining still isn't available :(

Our experience on RCL has been that things are very relaxed as far as "formal" night goes.

Our experience has been that RCCL has a more formal feel on their formal nights. We see more tuxes on RCCL.

A suit will be fine on formal night.
It sounds like it really depends on the individual cruise. This really annoys me. If you're going to have "formal night" then that's what it should be. It shouldn't be "formal night for whoever feels like dressing up".

I understand that not everyone wants to don a tux or gown. That's fine. You're on vacation. The ships have plenty of other places to eat that night in casual clothing.

I think they either need to enforce formal night or eliminate it completely. I'm fine either way but I don't want to go to the trouble of bringing formal wear and getting all dressed up only to go into the dining room to find people wearing khakis and a polo shirt.

I'm not sure what we'll do for this cruise. If they don't enforce formal dress, we'll probably skip it and eat elsewhere that night.

I am late to the party! Just booked! Have done two Disney and two Royal Caribbean cruises, but I feel like a newbie. Our last cruise was 10 years ago.

7188 - Linda1 - Mark, Linda and Brett
12156 - Brandon and Ashley

I am late to the party! Just booked! Have done two Disney and two Royal Caribbean cruises, but I feel like a newbie. Our last cruise was 10 years ago.

7188 - Linda1 - Mark, Linda and Brett
12156 - Brandon and Ashley

Welcome to the Party !!

:) For anyone that is interested . . . The entertainment venues have opened up on the cruise planner for our cruise.

You can make reservations for all the shows now.

Dining still isn't available :(
Awesome, guess I'll check it out this week. Thanks for the info.

For those of you who have sailed with RCCL before, how dressy is their formal night? Do we need to pack a tux or is a dark suit ok? What are you planning on wearing for formal night?

Larry
I'm not planning on a formal night, although I will have sundress or 2 with me. I plan on talking it over with the kids, but I'm sure we all want to stay casual this trip.

Hello Everyone !!
Hi Cheri.

We're enjoying our last day in Florida :( but I guess once we are home and settled we can start looking ahead to the cruise. I really haven't done any research or planning for it other than booking it. I need to contact Tracey and take DD's name off of the reservation as she won't be coming. We didn't expect her to but put her on just in case. I also need to look into the payment details so that I know when that is due.

Hi Cheri.

We're enjoying our last day in Florida :( but I guess once we are home and settled we can start looking ahead to the cruise. I really haven't done any research or planning for it other than booking it. I need to contact Tracey and take DD's name off of the reservation as she won't be coming. We didn't expect her to but put her on just in case. I also need to look into the payment details so that I know when that is due.
I've been following some of the people that went to the 10th....so wish I could have been there, it just wasn't in the cards this time. Maybe next year for the 20th of the boards. I wish you safe travels home. I think the last payment is due in August or September...can't remember.....guess I should look at that also.

I second that. I want to start looking into the entertainment on the ship, but don't want to book anything until we know what the genius has in store for us.
Why not book what you want just to make sure you have it and then cancel/change once events are announced?

Why not book what you want just to make sure you have it and then cancel/change once events are announced?

That's what I went ahead & did. I've never been on a ship where you have to book your entertainment, so I had no clue when to book what on top of wondering what Pete & John have in store for us.

On another note, I need to change the name of the person travelling with me. Instead of my friend, my Mom has decided to come along. Her name is Joy. We're really looking forward to it!

I've never been on a ship where you have to book your entertainment
Sounds like I have some homework to do. I had no idea you needed to schedule your entertainment. Is it not like other cruises where there is an evening show that anyone can go to? I don't like the sound of that at all. I have no idea what we're going to want to do 5 months from now. I guess we won't be seeing the entertainment if it requires advance booking.

Sounds like I have some homework to do. I had no idea you needed to schedule your entertainment. Is it not like other cruises where there is an evening show that anyone can go to? I don't like the sound of that at all. I have no idea what we're going to want to do 5 months from now. I guess we won't be seeing the entertainment if it requires advance booking.

Except for the Comedy Show, reservations for the shows are not really required as most venues are large enough to seat a lot of guests. However - if you're picky on where you want to sit and with whom, then I suggest you make show reservations as they will allow those guests in first. Around ten minutes before showtime, they will let everyone else in. The Comedy Club is very small and I suggest you make that reservation if you want to do that.

Outside of the smaller venues (comedy show and maybe the ice skating show) reservations are only needed so you can get seated early. They allow you to begin sitting 30 mins before the start of the entertainment. 10 mins before the show starts, then non reservations can be seated. Think of this as getting a preferred seating FastPass at WDW, but rather than having a predefined area to seat at, you get to seat earlier.

Even if reservations are fully booked for a venue, there is a good chance a seat will be available.

If you have flex-time dining, it is similar. You an reserve a time to eat in the main dinning hall, or wait in a line to be seated. If you have a reservation you have priority seating over those in standby for eating. However, I have never seen someone in the stand-by eating wait more than 20 mins to eat.

This is not Disney World level of planning. If you forget to or cannot make your reservations until you board, that is okay too. They will have kiosks set up as soon as you board where you can schedule out your reservations. They will have the kiosks available throughout the cruise, but they have a lot set up before set sail.

I have been on several Royal Caribbean cruises and I have been on the Allure of the Seas once before (it is the sister ship to Oasis and pretty much the same with minor differences). Let me know if you have any questions about the ships, entertainment on board, etc. There is a good chance that I have already done it or know about it. :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter