• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Podcast Cruise 6.0!!! Official Info

So happy to hear that Mary Jo, Kelly and Nick will be on board. :boat:

:santa::santa::santa:Just found out that there will be a Mickey's very Merry Christmas party on the night we get back from the cruise, Dec 11th

The timing is just perfect. Guess we'll be spending a night at WDW after all

There will probably be a MVMCP on Dec. 1st (Thursday). I might go to that - rather than use one of the few remaining days on my non-expiring park hopper. :)

**Okay - there IS a MVMCP on Dec. 1st! :teeth:

Last edited:

As an FYI - you can look at and book RCI ship excursions for this cruise now. Unlike DCL - you don't need to wait until after final payment or a certain date to do so. However, you will pay for the tours at the time you reserve them.

If you haven't sailed with Royal Caribbean before, create an online account, then add your cruise reservation number to access the shore excursion page.

Just curious. Has anyone paid off their Podcast Cruise? Or paid off a big chunk of it? You just take your invoice and subtract $500 and that is what you owe? I can't believe the year is speeding by!

Larry
I haven't yet, was thinking I'll pay it off mid summer sometime.

Well, we are back to driving to the port. My daughter and husband bought a new car, and we have decided to take that, since it has a nice amount of room and is very good on gas. I searched for hotels near the port and have booked at the County Inn and Suites for the night before. They will let us keep the car there and give us a shuttle ride to and from the port. Also, took the kids to get passports today, so that is done. Hard to believe it's been a year since we booked this cruise...time sure has flown.

248 Days until we sail away !!!!

RCL just announced they are raising gratuities. I think if you prepay by April 7 you get the current price. The increase is only $0.55/day so it isn't a huge deal, less than $8.00 total for a couple.

Well, we are back to driving to the port. My daughter and husband bought a new car, and we have decided to take that, since it has a nice amount of room and is very good on gas. I searched for hotels near the port and have booked at the County Inn and Suites for the night before. They will let us keep the car there and give us a shuttle ride to and from the port. Also, took the kids to get passports today, so that is done. Hard to believe it's been a year since we booked this cruise...time sure has flown.

248 Days until we sail away !!!!

We stayed there the night before Podcast 2.0 It was very convenient. They handle the shuttle service to and from the port extremely well.
We also left our car there and had no issues what so ever. We went down to the Ron Jon's store and then out on the pier at Cocoa Beach the afternoon we got there. We had dinner at a popular casual restaurant by the cruise port, unfortunately I can't remember the name.

Also, if you need to ship a box down ahead of time, the hotel will hold it for you and it'll be at the front desk when you check in. I had a large box filled with fish extender gifts that I shipped down. Since you're driving that probably wouldn't be an issue, but someone else might need to know.

We stayed there the night before Podcast 2.0 It was very convenient. They handle the shuttle service to and from the port extremely well.
We also left our car there and had no issues what so ever. We went down to the Ron Jon's store and then out on the pier at Cocoa Beach the afternoon we got there. We had dinner at a popular casual restaurant by the cruise port, unfortunately I can't remember the name.

Also, if you need to ship a box down ahead of time, the hotel will hold it for you and it'll be at the front desk when you check in. I had a large box filled with fish extender gifts that I shipped down. Since you're driving that probably wouldn't be an issue, but someone else might need to know.

I haven't been on Oasis, but other Royal Caribbean ships I've sailed don't have anything near the doors for fish extenders.

I haven't been on Oasis, but other Royal Caribbean ships I've sailed don't have anything near the doors for fish extenders.
The Oasis doesn't have anything like that either.

I only mentioned the fish extender items because I was talking about having a box shipped to the hotel.
Thank goodness there aren't fish extenders :fish:

RCL just announced they are raising gratuities. I think if you prepay by April 7 you get the current price. The increase is only $0.55/day so it isn't a huge deal, less than $8.00 total for a couple.

I believe gratuities have been added to all our reservations so that we can be locked into the lower price.

How can you get to the airport when the cruise is over? Can you book a Mears bus from the ship while sailing on the cruise? Or does this have to be taken care of in advance?
Thanks,

Larry

How can you get to the airport when the cruise is over? Can you book a Mears bus from the ship while sailing on the cruise? Or does this have to be taken care of in advance?
Thanks,

Larry

Royal Caribbean offers transfers for $37.50 per person each way. Contact Tracey to reserve it for you.

Last edited:
I asked Tracey awhile ago about transfers, she said that they might set up some special transfers as part of the podcast, but didn't know anything more at that time, that was about a month ago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter