• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Podcast Cruise 6.0!!! Official Info

didn't want to have to go right back to the airport and fly right home. All that travel can be taxing.
I hear you. I'm not positive what we're doing yet but we may just spend that night in the Port Canaveral area and head for home the next morning. Chances are we'll be driving down and I want to be well-rested before hitting the road back to NJ. It is going to largely depend on what day our daughter actually is finished finals and needs us to move her out.

I hear you. I'm not positive what we're doing yet but we may just spend that night in the Port Canaveral area and head for home the next morning. Chances are we'll be driving down and I want to be well-rested before hitting the road back to NJ. It is going to largely depend on what day our daughter actually is finished finals and needs us to move her out.

I understand. That sounds like a good idea too. If we weren't going to WDW afterwards, that would've been an idea. Where in Jersey are you? I live on Long Island and work in Manhattan :).

I understand. That sounds like a good idea too. If we weren't going to WDW afterwards, that would've been an idea. Where in Jersey are you? I live on Long Island and work in Manhattan :).
We're in South Jersey, just across the river from Philly.

Another option which we could do is hit the road after the cruise but not drive all day. Maybe stop in Savannah for a few hours and spend the night. It's too far away to make plans at this point. We haven't even started to plan our July Disney trip yet.

We are staying pre cruise at BLT. Sadly have to get back to work right away for payroll responsibilities. :(

We're in South Jersey, just across the river from Philly.

Another option which we could do is hit the road after the cruise but not drive all day. Maybe stop in Savannah for a few hours and spend the night. It's too far away to make plans at this point. We haven't even started to plan our July Disney trip yet.

That's cool too. I've always wanted to visit Savannah. Do you know where you're staying in July yet, or you haven't even gotten that far in planning yet either?

Do you know where you're staying in July yet,
Not a clue. We never plan our trips this far in advance. I'll probably book July in April or May. Typically, we rent a place in Windsor Palms. Last month, we rented in Crestwynd Bay for the first time. That was nice, too. We also do timeshare rentals through Skyauction.com but we won't be able to do that for July because we'll be arriving mid-week and the rentals always run weekend to weekend.

So how many of you are planning a pre-cruise Disney stay and how many are planning a post-cruise stay?

We will need to do Disney pre-cruise as our DD will be finishing the semester and coming home for winter break right after we get home from the cruise.
I am planning 4 nights/3 days pre-cruise at WDW, and 3 nights/3 days at Universal post cruise.

We are hoping for a night or two pre-cruise. I will probably plan on return home the day we return.

Myself and adult granddaughter will be flying from Boston and are planning to spend a couple of days at WDW prior to cruise and possibly after cruise. Will be interested in whether they will have a special bus from WDW to port.

So how many of you are planning a pre-cruise Disney stay and how many are planning a post-cruise stay?

We will need to do Disney pre-cruise as our DD will be finishing the semester and coming home for winter break right after we get home from the cruise.

Our travel plans are still fluid at this time.....we were going to drive in the day of the cruise and drive home after, but my son in law has to go back to work the next day...so making that long drive home isn't going to be a good idea.....we are considering flying in on Saturday and staying at the Swolphin so we can use the Dis Bus to the port, and then take the bus back to the airport and fly home. Depending on cost, we might consider flying in on Friday night and be able to have 1 full day before the cruise to do stuff.

Ugh!! Just found out that my cousin is getting married Dec. 10 so we are going to have to cancel. So bummed:sad:

Laurie

Ugh!! Just found out that my cousin is getting married Dec. 10 so we are going to have to cancel. So bummed:sad:

Laurie
Sorry to hear this Laurie. Well, not sorry for you cousin, but we will miss you and hubby.

Just curious. Has anyone paid off their Podcast Cruise? Or paid off a big chunk of it? You just take your invoice and subtract $500 and that is what you owe? I can't believe the year is speeding by!

Larry

Just curious. Has anyone paid off their Podcast Cruise? Or paid off a big chunk of it? You just take your invoice and subtract $500 and that is what you owe? I can't believe the year is speeding by!

Larry
The invoice from Royal Caribbean isn't very helpful, but yes - your balance due is the total cost minus the $500 deposit. Since that payment isn't due until September, I'm not in a hurry to give them any more money before I have to. :teeth:

Well, I was pretty sure that I was going to have to cancel our cruise due to lack of payments from the kids, but they all assured me that they still want to go, so I'm back in planning mode. So happy. :)

We'll probably go a couple of nights ahead of the cruise, and come home late the same day as the cruise, so that might give us 3 WDW days before and after. I'm sure I'll need a nap after the cruise. ha ha

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter