• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Podcast Cruise 6.0!!! Official Info

RCI does not want guests to bring hard alcohol on board because that may permit under age drinking and they cannot allow that. They do allow guests to being in their own wine, water and soda bottles, but they are subject to inspection - especially if you bring it in your carry on luggage. The past few times I have sailed on RCI, we have had NO problems bringing wine and sodas on board.

Here is the official policy:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/custo...ly_asked_questions&faqId=260&faqSubjectId=336
Hmmm.

'A:
Guests are not allowed to bring beer, hard liquor, fortified wines or non-alcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other use on boarding day or while in port. Alcoholic beverages seized on boarding day will not be returned.'

???

True. They wanted to take and hold a bottle of cooking sherry we purchased in Bermuda when we reboarded. Took some explaining of what it was and no one would drink it as is.

I like that there are a lot of us on Deck 12.
I'm so excited, I hate that I have to wait so long.

How do you know where your cabins are? Mine just says guarantee.
I am in the same boat with the Gty. That was the only thing left in the catagory when we reserved. From what I understand after we get it paid off and it gets closer to the sailing date RCL will assign us a cabin. It must be at least that catagory or higher. We dont get a say on the location though.

I am in the same boat with the Gty. That was the only thing left in the catagory when we reserved. From what I understand after we get it paid off and it gets closer to the sailing date RCL will assign us a cabin. It must be at least that catagory or higher. We dont get a say on the location though.

Thank you. I know about guarantee cabins from reading about them on the boards, but haven't cruised very often and usually book well in advance, so I haven't booked GTY. I hope I'm somewhere near my friends. Can we upgrade?

I think you're right Marilee. Between this being an Alaska Cruise and the fact that many schools are still in session should keep the child count on the lower side.

I think you're right Marilee. Between this being an Alaska Cruise and the fact that many schools are still in session should keep the child count on the lower side.
Wrong thread, Jeff. This is for Podcast Cruise 6.0. Last I checked, not Alaska! :) (Alaska in December?? BRRRRRR!!!!)

Sayhello

Wrong thread, Jeff. This is for Podcast Cruise 6.0. Last I checked, not Alaska! :) (Alaska in December?? BRRRRRR!!!!)

Sayhello
ooops!!! In my defense, they are both on RCL. :sad2:

As far as early December in the Caribbean goes, I'd still say not many children on board. Pretty much all of the grade schools will be in session when we sail and this time of year isn't really a big cruise season.

Used to take kids cruising during 'school days' [they are college-age now].

Almost NO kids. # of kids in kids club could be counted on one hand :cutie:

Hmmmmm, seeing that picture makes me wonder how many children will be on this cruise ..?
Since it's not a "Disney" cruise, I would think the child count would be a lot less
I wouldn't bet on that. We've done 4 Caribbean cruises, none on Disney ships. There were always plenty of kids. On the last trip, there were about 3,500 guests - about 1,000 were children. People don't just take kids on Disney cruises. Most don't, actually, since they can't afford Disney cruises. And our trips have been at different times of year - March, June, August, and October if I remember correctly.

I wouldn't bet on that. We've done 4 Caribbean cruises, none on Disney ships. There were always plenty of kids. On the last trip, there were about 3,500 guests - about 1,000 were children. People don't just take kids on Disney cruises. Most don't, actually, since they can't afford Disney cruises. And our trips have been at different times of year - March, June, August, and October if I remember correctly.

I should have been specific with my query - I was wondering how many kids would be in the Podcast 6.0 cruise group
:confused3

A question for those who have sailed RCCL previously. Are there 'ship wide' evening activities? On DCL, we all know that certain shows are in the Walt Disney Theater on particular nights, there is Pirate Night, Movie Night, etc. Is this the same on RCCL? Or is it less defined, where a show may be for numerous nights, and we would pick which night we wanted to see it? I assuming there would be some more specific Podcast activities at certain times, but at this point, I am more curious about RCCL's entertainment/activities.

I found the following Cruise Compass postings for a similar itinerary, showing the activities for each day. I recognize that things can change, but in the main Opal Theater, they have CATS the second night, a specialty act for two nights, Come Fly with Me Production Show for two nights, and the Farewell Comedy Show on the last night. But there are also other shows happening at the same time elsewhere on the ship, such as the Frozen in Time Ice Show and the Oasis of Dreams Aqua Show.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B9Kl8PHCYz3JS21DcnpibHk5em8&usp=sharing

GUEST LIST

Deck 14:

14214 - jenn4kids - Jason and Jennifer
14218 - mzalicia - Alicia & Corwin (13)
14232 - Wimpy & DisneyFanInPA - Jim & Jayme
14272 - thegales - David and Ann
14651 - mdvlprof - Jennifer, Paul, Cedric
14654 - Carol and Michael

Deck 12:

12175 - Malia78 - Karilynn
12184 - mcnealrkn - Mary & Keith
12214 - waltlife Noah & Angie
12218 - drclaws and DVCKathy - Dave and Kathy
12232 - Tardis1029 & NYC MM, John & Micki
12276 - AngelinaVP--Dan and Angelina
12578, nrsldy, Tracy & GuesT
12597 - samikrause -- Paul and Sami and baby Krause due Sept 2015
12612 - Sarabi's Cubs - Laurie & Brian
12616 - MemphisMickey - Karen and Pam
12622 - shellyminnie - Shelly and Rob
12624 - mikelan6 - Michael & Scott
12630 - Corky441 - Marilee & Dino
12650 – SevrenLuna – Bre & Mom
12660 - OKW Lover & OKW Lover Lover - Jeff & Val :boat:

Deck 11:

11551 - WDW Crawl - Tyler & wife Mallory
11721 - apurplebrat- Karen & Kaye

Deck 10:

10148 - myminnieme- Lauren, Stephanie, Ella, and josh
10152 - dale, Diane, and Tegan
10191 - lovethecastle-sandy,Keith,nick
10254 - mickeyrunner aka Wanda & Daniel
10288 - freesone&kkgirl-Neal and Kathleen!!
10303 - wdisneynut - Bob & Julie
10321 - JWren1234 - Jason
10640 - skunkvette - Frank and Cathy
10686 - Steel Savage - Richard and Brenda
10704 - Cherinva - Cheri and Rachael
10702 - - Jenn and Brad

Deck 9:

9179 - Mickeefan - Julie & Peter
9272 - Shari2137 - Lee & Shari
9276 - Mary Jo - Mary Jo, Kelly, Nick, & Yasmin
9581 - Batgirl67 - Lisa (aka Eliska) and Jan
9670 - sammyworld - Sam, Dina & Alex
9686 - disneysteve - Steve and Marci

Deck 8:

8180 - coachsomer - Paul, Britt, Kim, Wes
8208 - djm08150, Dan and Gues
8236 - Becx N Gav (and Gav N Becx) - Becky, Gavin and Oliver
8546 - pkraynh - Patti & Kevin
8570 - Tom & Bobbi
8640 - wdwscout- Linda & John

Deck 7:

7542 - HockeyMomNS Evelyn & Mike
7546 - DISerInTraining Cheryl & Sylvain
7148 - Kittylover Jody & Mike

Deck 6:

6156 - Cousin Orville - Kevin

C2 GTY - Sayhello - Tobi
C2 GTY - Robin & Angel
C2 GTY - Disney38Girl - Kim and Kathy
C2 GTY - Larry and Felix
C2 GTY - dina444444 - Dina
C2 GTY - Sarahgirl- Sarah
C2 GTY - Suecot-Sue & Lisa
C2 GTY - Girliea April and Pete
C2 GTY - Grumpy92 & Kbelle8995 - Laura & Kerry

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter