Podcast 2.0 Thread 6

Just curious about this as I have always paid with my Visa debit cards and never had a problem. Do they not accept Visa credit cards?

Also, here is a pic of our local Sam's club display for reference. Each Sam's may have a different display but this should help as to what to look for:

e995fc25.jpg

SAM's Clubs still do not accept VISA as a credit card. I can use my VISA at my SAM's Club, but I have to use it like a debit card and enter a PIN Number. Some have suggested this for using your Disney VISA is go to Walmart and purchase a Walmart Gift Card using your Disney VISA and then use that gift card at SAM's club to purchase the DISNEY Gift Cards and then you get your Disney Visa Reward points.

SAM's Clubs still do not accept VISA as a credit card. I can use my VISA at my SAM's Club, but I have to use it like a debit card and enter a PIN Number. Some have suggested this for using your Disney VISA is go to Walmart and purchase a Walmart Gift Card using your Disney VISA and then use that gift card at SAM's club to purchase the DISNEY Gift Cards and then you get your Disney Visa Reward points.
When I first saw this display I asked the Club Assistant Mgr if the $10 bonus card was good at Disney World. They told me yes, but I found out later it wasn't. It was only good in the Disney Store. Glad I didn't buy them right away.

I wonder if the $10 bonus card is good at the World of Disney. I doubt it.

There are Palo Brunch openings available and some new dinner times open, if you are looking for either for our cruise.

Thank you. DH and I now have reservations at Palo's 7:30 pm Castaway Cay Day!!

:dance3: Excellent news. I was even on the DCL site this afternoon and never thought to check Palo. :confused3 Luckily I got back in and was able to change my Tuesday 9pm reservation to 7pm. Looks like we'll be getting to the Pirate Party after all pirate: :yay::yay:

See you there THeresa :)

They have posted on the DVC website they accidentally posted last year's info, and have since retracted that posting. Speculation on the board is that area was overly crowded, so the convention center would allow more people access and they don't have to worry about weather issues.
OK, that makes sense. I didn't get there last year, but friends of ours did and they said it was crazy-crowded. So this will be an improvement.
Too bad we are not doing MMCP that night though. We are headed to Yachtsman for dinner with our son (at least we hope he gets the time off...)
I am thrilled to be able to go to some non-DISboards meet-ups prior to the cruise!

Inner Mouse / Disney Driven Life Meet-up - Sunday, December 5 · 2:00pm - 4:00pm at the Animal Kingdom Lodge ~ Sunset Lounge

WDW Radio Meet of the Month and 200th Show Celebration - Sunday, December 5 · 3:00pm - 5:00pm at Ariel's at Disney's Beach Club Resort

AllEars - Thursday, December 9 · 9:00am - 10:30am at the Electric Umbrella in Epcot

Who else can join me at these meets?
I would LOVE to be able to go to a few (if not all) of these. Especially Lou's meet at Ariel's. Sadly, we do not arrive until the 10th. :sad1:

A bunch! The Entourage got approved for the private Palo dining room - which I didn't even know EXISTED last year!!! Looks like the wedding reception dinner is a private affair! What more could a girl ask for... :cloud9: :cool1::cool1::cool1:

How does one become part of an Entourage?

Morning all - this time in 3 weeks we'll be at Gatwick - hopefully in line to check in :cool1: :cool1:

15 whole days left at work :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Have a good day :thumbsup2

Good Morning Everyone !!! 3 weeks from today, my excitement is going to be through the roof....as I will be leaving for Orlando in the evening....can't wait to meet everyone.

I'm expecting a busy day at work, so I may not be able to check back in.....have a great day!!!

Good morning! :goodvibes
Two weeks from now will be my second to last day at work before my two week vacation.
I have never had a two week vacation! :banana:

Historical Summary for December 10 - December 20 for MCO

Temperature:
The Average High Temperature is 72 F with a historical range of 44 F to 85 F
The Average Low Temperature is 54 F with a historical range of 28 F to 69 F
There is a 0% chance of a Hot Day (temperature over 90°F / 32°C).
(0 days out of 165 in historical record)
Most consecutive days found in historic record: 0
There is a 95% chance of a Warm Day (temperature over 60°F / 16°C).
(156 days out of 165 in historical record)
Most consecutive days found in historic record: 10
There is a 1% chance of a Freezing Day (temperature below 32°F / 0°C).
(1 day out of 165 in historical record)
Most consecutive days found in historic record: 1

Daily Precipitation:
The Average Daily Precipitation is 0.13 with a historical range of 0.00 to 1.99
There is a 37% chance of a Precipitation Day.
(61 days out of 165 in historical record)
Most consecutive days found in historic record: 10

Cloud Cover:
Average Cloud Cover is partly cloudy
There is a 37% chance of a Cloudy Day.
(61 days out of 165 in historical record)
Most consecutive days found in historic record: 6

Wind:
The Average Wind is 8 mph with a historical range of 1 mph to 16 mph
There is a 21% chance of a Windy Day (average wind over 10 mph / 15km/h).
(35 days out of 165 in historical record)
Most consecutive days found in historic record: 5

Humidity:
The Average High Dew Point is 61 F with a historical range of 31 F to 74 F
The Average Low Dew Point is 49 F with a historical range of 8 F to 69 F
There is a 59% chance of a Humid Day (dew point over 65°F / 18°C).
(97 days out of 165 in historical record)
Most consecutive days found in historic record: 8
There is a 9% chance of a Sweltering Day (dew point over 70°F / 21°C).
(15 days out of 165 in historical record)
Most consecutive days found in historic record: 3

Happy Thursday Everyone!!

Three weeks from now, I will be waiting for all my friends to start arriving at WDW (and probably doing my first round of vacation :laundy: whilst I wait for them).

I leave in 16 days for WDW and have 9.5 days of work left in 2010.

Checking in to say hi. :wave2:

No time to post like I used to but just wanted to say can't wait to see you all in a few weeks. :santa:

Sniff sniff. I smell vanilla. :rotfl2:

I want to thank everyone for posting what they will be doing when, because now as I am driving from Virginia to Florida in 16 days, I will be thinking.... Oh so and so is here and so and so is doing this.

It will be rather fun to think of people I haven't met yet doing certain things. At least it will help the drive go by faster.

Just 24 days...

I want to thank everyone for posting what they will be doing when, because now as I am driving from Virginia to Florida in 16 days, I will be thinking.... Oh so and so is here and so and so is doing this.

It will be rather fun to think of people I haven't met yet doing certain things. At least it will help the drive go by faster.

Just 24 days...

What day are you heading down? What's you planned route?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter