Please tell me about the Poly!

Chip126

<font color=CC66CC>A Tag is a Wish your Heart Make
I'm stuck! I have already booked Coronado Springs for a last minute trip this December, but my husband wants me to book somewhere "nice". I was able to get an annual pass rate of 77.00 at Coronado Springs, but there are no rates for the Poly which makes it 299.00 (big difference).

I don't really think my husband cares too much about the cost (I am the frugal one).

I would like to justify spending this much....that's why I need your help. We will be there for five nights. It will be my husband, myself, and my three sons ages 15, 12, and 3 months.

If I were to chose the Poly, where do you think I should request a room? I would like to be pretty centrally located as far as monorail, food, pool, and laundry - if that's all possible.

Please tell me (good/or bad) what you think of the Poly and anything you think I should know before booking this.

Thanks so much;)

Kim

Surely you might be able to find a better rate...I'd keep trying daily and call...sometimes there are cancellations...ya never know.

Advantages with Poly...
You don't waste as much time on transportation...monorail is a blessing...especially with a little one...you can push the stroller on/off and make it back to the room for a siesta while the older ones play more.
The rooms are very spacious...I think you'd like that with the two older boys. There's more room for a crib, too.
The two restaurants are great...Kona Cafe and 'Ohanas....and the little stop in shop is decent for quick meals.

One idea...you might check and see if any tower rooms over at the Contemporary are available...Garden is fine, I'm sure but if your husband isn't worried about $$ then I'd shoot for the Tower. I think your older boys might like the CR better than Poly only because there is a really nice arcade in the building and you've got good restaurants there as well. The rooms at the CR are just as big as Poly.

Hope this helps! But for transportation alone I think it's worth it to stay at a monorail resort.

Tara

We just got back from WDW today. We stayed at the POR for $79 a night. We stayed at the Poly for 7 nights in June for $229 a night. My opinion is, stay at the moderate. I love the Poly, but I just don't think it's worth the price. It's really nice, just not a great value. What we did this trip was save money on the room (a very lovely newly renovated room) and felt more comfortable spending money on food and souvenirs. I really enjoyed this trip so much more. We visited the Poly several times this trip for drinks and to eat at Konas and Ohanas (I love this place!). I guess it is all a matter of what you are comfortable spending. I feel that I've found my comfort level with the moderates. Good luck deciding.
::MinnieMo

p.s. If you really want to stay in a deluxe, I would recommend the Beach Club. Your older kids would really enjoy the proximity to MGM, Epcot, and the boardwalk. This is where my kids are dying to stay.

If you check Mousesavers, they can tell you if a passholder rate is available for the Polynesian.

Check the price for the Disney pass.

Attempt to book using that passes discount code.

If you are successful, and the cost of the pass will allow you to justify the expense of the rate with the discount, buy the pass.

The single pass will allow you to check in with the discount. I don't know if there are any discounted passholder rates available for your time frame. Even so, I don't know if the discount will justify the effort.

The above poster gave you good information. The lowest rate I have seen is the $229 for a lagoon view room.

I will also include Tikiman's awesome Polynesian Resort site below. You can use it to help you decide.

Personally, since I was a child, I have loved the Polynesian, even though I have my problems with it now and then.

http://tikiman2001.homestead.com/

The transportation convenience of the Poly can't be beat. The resort monorail to take you to the MK as well as the GF and CR opens up a wealth of great restaurants. It is also a simple thing to take the monorail over to MK and then catch a bus to another resort for a meal. (Coming back may be a little harder though). We stayed in the Tokelau building which has a great location. A short 2-3 min. walk to the GCH and about a 7 min. walk to the TTC to get over to EPCOT. The bigger rooms can't be beat and we thought the arcade was pretty good, (and located right next to Tokelau, as was the laundry).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter