PLEASE READ - Message from Disney Cruise Line!!

iloverags2 said:
On DCL we have never had to use an organizer in the bathroom because there has always been plenty of space. But on Princess we did need an organizer (note: SUPER SMALL showers). I purchased one from a dollar store that had more of a hanger on top rather than two hooks. It turned out working perfectly as we hung it from the hook on the inside of the bathroom door. I've never noticed if DCL bathroom doors have these hooks, but if they do this would be a solution!

I have a similar one as well and we hang it from the rod in the shower. We also have a toiletry organizer similar to those from Vera Bradley that has a hook on the top. We usually hang that from the hooks on the back of the bathroom door.

Hope we will continue to be able to use those.

The door organizer would still scratch the door when it's opened and closed even if you hang it with magnets or some kind of cloth strips to hang it over the door. It's not about just the top of the door jamb getting scratched, it's about the entire door getting scratched and having to be repainted.

As I said in an earlier post, just hang it in the closet on a hanger.

The door organizer would still scratch the door when it's opened and closed even if you hang it with magnets or some kind of cloth strips to hang it over the door. It's not about just the top of the door jamb getting scratched, it's about the entire door getting scratched and having to be repainted.

As I said in an earlier post, just hang it in the closet on a hanger.

How would it be scratched with a magnet? By putting a magnetic strip on the top and the bottom of it, movement wouldn't be an issue. Also, if it was about the whole door, the instructions would be "Nothing on the door" at all.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

How would it be scratched with a magnet? By putting a magnetic strip on the top and the bottom of it, movement wouldn't be an issue. Also, if it was about the whole door, the instructions would be "Nothing on the door" at all.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Some people may not think to put magnets on the top and bottom of the organizer. Also, someone else mentioned sewing strips of fabric to 2 organizers and hanging that over the door, by doing that the organizer would sway and could scratch the door when it's opened and closed which is why I mentioned that in my post.

Rather than DCL saying you can hang one with magnets at the top and bottom so it doesn't sway when the door is opened and closed, it's easier for them to say no hanging organizers on the doors.

I know the products you're talking about. Howeverm, they probably makes the hook too thick to allow the door to close properly.

I was thinking this exact same thing. If they hinder the door from closing properly, it will probably scratch the door frame.

On the Fantasy, we attached ours to the wall hooks (we had accidentally left the over door hooks at WDW) as a make do. The zip ties were loose loops, so it was easy to remove.

Hoping this would be okay, but not sure if the Wonder has these on the wall.[/QUOTE]

Where did you get this over the door hanger? It's perfect and love the idea of using the hooks and zip-tying it on!

Why doesn't Disney just install some kind of permanent hooks on the back of the bathroom door to hang organizers from? Actually, maybe there are :rotfl2: If so many people want to hang something there that they have to outlaw it, seems like an improvement waiting to happen!

That organizer was so useful, I'm all torn up :sad:

Why doesn't Disney just install some kind of permanent hooks on the back of the bathroom door to hang organizers from? Actually, maybe there are :rotfl2: If so many people want to hang something there that they have to outlaw it, seems like an improvement waiting to happen!

That organizer was so useful, I'm all torn up :sad:

We have a Mary K toiletries bag we take with us, and always hang it from the hook on the back of the bathroom door. At least in the Cat 11s on the classic ships, there's a towel hook on the back of the door that can accommodate something hanging. We usually just hang towels on the clothesline, so use the hook for our organizer.

We'll be on the Fantasy in an 8 this time around, so I'm looking forward to trying to figure out where to hang our organizers. If worse comes to worse, they'll work in the closet.

WineCountryMom said:
On the Fantasy, we attached ours to the wall hooks (we had accidentally left the over door hooks at WDW) as a make do. The zip ties were loose loops, so it was easy to remove.

Hoping this would be okay, but not sure if the Wonder has these on the wall.

Where did you get this over the door hanger? It's perfect and love the idea of using the hooks and zip-tying it on![/QUOTE]

I got ours at Walmart. It was about $12 if my memory serves me well. We live in California so I paid more than most people seem to indicate on the boards. It was great and held up well at both WDW and the cruise. I'll just have to think of another creative way to hang it on the Wonder. :)

You can buy self-adhesive felt circles/strips in craft stores and home improvement stores. They can then be applied to the underside of the hook that goes over the door. I plan on trying this as I really need the organizer for a family of 4 in 1 cabin!

This will make it worse. The damage is from the hooks scraping the top of the doorway, not the door itself. Placing something under the hooks will cause it to scrape more.

You could sew your own in a 'sandwich board' style with one side that hangs into the bathroom and one side outside. Just put cloth straps, long ones, on the part that will go over the door. Cloth won't scratch.

Or take two of the kind you like and attach doubled duct tape over the part that goes over the door (keep it thin) and you'll get double the storage, inside the bathroom for toothbrushes, lotions, etc, and outside the bathroom for KTTW cards, pens, things from your pockets. You just have to keep the weight the same on both sides.

Nancy

brilliant!

I really don't understand banning over the door organizer. Bringing one was the best tip we have ever gotten. Feels like another takeaway.

You might want to try the magnetic hooks sold to hang wreaths or seasonable decorations on the entry doors of your house. They are available in various colors. I have found them in white, red and green, and are quite strong. I would post a picture if I can figure out how...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter