PLEASE READ - Message from Disney Cruise Line!!

Not to be contrary - I'm genuinely curious...

Why do people feel the need to decorate their doors? Is it some leftover thing from college days (I remember decorating those doors, but we were in the room for an entire year)? I just don't get it. :confused3

I'm sure you will get lots of opinions. Mine are:

• It's fun
  • It gives the door character
  • It makes your room easy to find
  • The kids (even the 40 some odd year old) like it
  • It's fun

Pretty much sums up my reasons, too. :thumbsup2

Hi:wave2:
many cruisers suggest you take plastic hanging pockets to put on the back of the bathroom door .Is there a hook on the door where I could hang it or do you have to put it over the door.Over the door would cause a problem as Disney says no.
Thanks all :scratchin

Hi:wave2:
many cruisers suggest you take plastic hanging pockets to put on the back of the bathroom door .Is there a hook on the door where I could hang it or do you have to put it over the door.Over the door would cause a problem as Disney says no.
Thanks all :scratchin

There is a hook on the back of the door, but with the door opening and closing that will still scratch the doors. You can always hang it in the closet.

On our last 2 cruises I've purchased the multi pocket, over the door shoe holder to use in our cabin. I've gotten it at Target for around $10. It has 3 maybe 4 hooks across the top which I hang over the door to the shower portion of the bathroom facing into the room. The door closes just fine and nothing has ever been said from DCL about their use. I think it's quite a common thing. We typically designate one pocket for the KTTW cards, a couple for our smaller cameras, one for battery chargers, one for our excursion tickets etc. If there's any room left over, the bottom few are actually used for shoes.

There is a hook on the back of the door, but with the door opening and closing that will still scratch the doors. You can always hang it in the closet.

Not to be nit-picky here, but the notice just says over-the-door organizers.

If there's a hook on the back of the door, I don't see that they can tell me what to hang on it.

I agree it could scratch the door, but I think the real damages were the metal on metal contacts over the door. The plastic coated pocket part shouldn't be as damaging.

On our last 2 cruises I've purchased the multi pocket, over the door shoe holder to use in our cabin. I've gotten it at Target for around $10. It has 3 maybe 4 hooks across the top which I hang over the door to the shower portion of the bathroom facing into the room. The door closes just fine and nothing has ever been said from DCL about their use. I think it's quite a common thing. We typically designate one pocket for the KTTW cards, a couple for our smaller cameras, one for battery chargers, one for our excursion tickets etc. If there's any room left over, the bottom few are actually used for shoes.

But DCL is now prohibiting the over-the-door organizers. No one would have said anything on your previous cruises as this just changed.

The question now is, what other options for organizers are available.

This is something very new from DCL so nothing would have been said to you on your sailings.

If there's a hook on the back of the door, I don't see that they can tell me what to hang on it.

I agree it could scratch the door, but I think the real damages were the metal on metal contacts over the door. The plastic coated pocket part shouldn't be as damaging.
Yes it does say that, but who's to say they won't change their minds if they find the organizers hanging from the hooks and the doors being scratched up. Just trying to give suggestions for other places to hang the organizer.

This is something very new from DCL so nothing would have been said to you on your sailings.

Yes it does say that, but who's to say they won't change their minds if they find the organizers hanging from the hooks and the doors being scratched up. Just trying to give suggestions for other places to hang the organizer.

I get that, and there are other hooks available in the room. :goodvibes

:thumbsup2

So, can one hang one of these from those 3 hooks on the wall? I might have to see if one of the hanging jewelry organizers that you can hang in the closet will make do as it's usually smaller items that I put in the organizer.

I lovedthe idea of the shoe organizer as I have several of these at home - they hold the kids' extra school supplies (glue, pencils, scissors) in one closet, American Girl doll clothes in my daughters room and recently water bottles in another closet.

I took one and forgot the hooks. WHAT?!??? I then took a hanger and put it through each grommet and hung the hanger on shower rod. When it came time to shower we simply moved to the door.

I was thinking the 3M hooks, but they did not hold the school supply holder at my house. But I think there are various strengths with that.

You can do it folks - we are DIS'ers be creative!!!!:cheer2::yay:

I was thinking the 3M hooks, but they did not hold the school supply holder at my house. But I think there are various strengths with that.
The 3M hooks are not allowed as they are an adhesive product.

I'm on the Magic soon.

Is it possible to simply cut a small opening in the middle of the shoe organizer for balance, put the hanger through and hang it on the wall where the mirror/trash can is? There is a round cylinder shaped knob on that wall (where we usually hang clothes or our lanyards).

Will this work?

Just got off the Dream today, and we did not receive any notice that you can't use over the door organizers or fish extenders.

Hi everyone,

We've been asked to share the following letter that DCL will start delivering to guests in the coming weeks.

Thanks,
PEte

I think its awesome DCL knew to come to you guys to push this effort -

Maybe DCL does know where to find their fan base!!

Does anyone have pictures of their rooms that show these 3 hooks that are reported to be on the wall? I tried a Google search of pictures for the Dream deluxe family ocean-view with verandah, (our ship & room on an upcoming cruise) and after 3 pages, didn't see any hooks on the wall.

Or does anyone know approximately how far apart those hooks are?

We're a family of 5 - mom, dad and 3 girls, so the organizer with clear small pockets is a huge bonus. I'm trying to work out if the organizer will hang on the hooks, if I should run a ribbon through the grommets to hang it on the bathroom door hook, or just hang it in the closet (not ideal because of the movement getting things in and out).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter