Please help! Should I get off of I-75 at US-27 or continue to I-4?

honey11dog

Live in Florida, but my heart and home is with LSU
I am traveling from Louisiana with 3 kids, one being a 4 mos. old. I need to know the easiest route to Disney. I did Mapquest and it gave me 2 options. I would prefer to avoid road delays (construction and traffic). Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I'd go 27, but there is a new road opened that may be a little better. Havn't been there recently.

Your route makes ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE!

You can't get onto Route 27 from I 75.

Do you mean take I-75 to the FL Tpke to 27 or I-4? Because otherwise you'll be going 100 miles or more out of your way all the way to Tampa to hit I-4.

The fastest and least amount of traffic route is I-75 to FL Tpke to SR-$29 to Western way exit.

Anne

Sorry, I assumed mapquest was showing I 75 to fl tpk (at Wildwood] to US 27. The Western Way exit is the new road i was talking about, But I have no good directions to it. At any rate, I would not do 75 to tpk to I 4.

The 429 (The new western way) will bring you right to Disney's back door. It is new, and very easy to travel.

Turnpike to 429, although I get off the turnpike in Clermont and take a backroad to the 429. So, to be even more confusing, I'm not sure if the Turnpike would have an exit for the 429.

Well, I guess my help here is worthless! Sorry! :confused3

OK, I live right off of route 27 in Clermont (my most dorect route to WDW from home) and work literally 200 feet from the 429 where it meets the Turnpike. I know this are very well.

(and to the above poster, getting off in Clermont and taking a back road to the 429 is longer and saves you nothing.)

To the OP, here are specific directions:

Take I-75 to the Florida Turnpike, which is exit 328.

Take the turnpike southbound to exit 267 onto SR-429 SOUTH.

Stay on that about 10 miles until you see the signs for "HARTZOG ROAD/WALT DISNEY WORLD"

Get off that exit and at the bottom of the ramp take a left towards Walt Disney World. Follow the road all the way to the end, and you will be right next to CSR on Buena Vista Drive.

Anne

Anne,

Thank you so much for the directions. We can't wait to get there!

Cannot_Wait_4Disney said:
How much time does the new route save over the old one going to I-4 via the turnpike?

At least 10-15 minutes and a LOT of aggravation. I'd say that half the time I'm on the road alone where there isn't another car for half a mile or more!

Anne

429 is a lovely new road and worth the toll vs I-4. You can get on US27 from I-75 but that is at the north end of Marion county and certainly not they way to go, so if you really must take 27 make sure you don't get on it until after you are on the Turnpike.

honey11dog said:
What exactly is the toll for the new SR-429?

From the FL Tpke to Western Way there are three tolls (I think I have Sunpass so don't pay much attention) that total about $1.50.

Anne

You will also pass a through a toll plaza on the turnpike that is about 2 or 3 dollars, just like Anne, I use a Sunpass when driving that way so I don't pay that much atention.

Hi Anne/Ducklite - will she run into the closed roads when she comes that way? They keep showing the muck/wildfire road closures on 192 & 429 on TV (with just a general area map that's not real clear), but I'm not sure if they would affect her, and I know you would know since you are familiar with the area? :confused3

A wildfire that began a week ago in Osceola County's Four Corners area continued to burn Saturday, shutting portions of U.S. Highway 192 and State Road 429 and cutting off a milelong stretch of businesses, tourists and residents from the rest of the popular tourist corridor.

About six firetrucks and 25 firefighters with Osceola Fire Rescue worked the blaze, along with three firefighters from the Florida Division of Forestry, officials said. They spent the day digging around its perimeter to keep flames from spreading. They also staged backburns to deprive the fire of fuel it would need to grow.

No homes were threatened, but the blaze has consumed 120 acres of vegetation in an area bordered by U.S. 192 on the north, Funie Steed Road on the south, Secret Lake Drive on the west, and S.R. 429 on the east.

"Right now, we're just monitoring things and the fire is contained," said Lt. John Knapp, with Osceola County Fire Rescue. "We're hoping the fire will burn itself out within the next few days."

Officials said the fire, one of nine burning in Osceola County on Saturday, was started by lightning and then stoked by southerly winds and excessive vegetation left over from previous hurricanes. Because the flames spread across unstable marshland, fire trucks were unable to attack the fire directly, they said.

In the afternoon hours, ashes flew about and soot covered cars, street benches and swimming pools. Difficult-to-breathe smoke filled the air and permeated clothes.

Nancy Seaich, 37, walked with her two children along U.S. 192, which remained closed to traffic due to poor visibility between S.R. 429 and Vista del Lago Boulevard. The southbound lane of S.R. 429 was closed from U.S. 192 to Exit 4.

"This is our last two days here and it's been horrible," said Seaich, who flew in from Utah to visit Walt Disney World. "We waited for a bus for an hour and a half and it never came. We're going back inside because it's too smoky for the kids."

Seaich said her hotel was unable to provide shuttle service to the parks, effectively leaving her stranded with Disney passes she cannot use.

Melanie Banchs, 16, counted herself among a few lucky employees able to arrive to work on time to her job at Domino's Pizza on U.S. 192.

"I live right next door, so it hasn't been that bad for me," she said. "But some of my co-workers arrived an hour late because they were caught in traffic."

Florida Highway Patrol officials said they did not know when roads would reopen. The decision could affect businesses, which had fewer customers Saturday or remained closed.

But not everyone was concerned by the brushfire.

Beef O'Brady's, a bar-restaurant on U.S. 192 and Vista del Lago, was "packed to the brim" Saturday morning with people watching the England vs. Paraguay soccer match on TV, owner Weston Sampson said.

"It was all because of our English fans," Sampson said. "Those guys would walk through the fire to make the game."

Does anyone know how long it will take for the new road to register with the AAA trip tik?

Was trying to find the road on their map but just now showing up yet.

thank you

trip not till october but I loveeeee the planning part :)

We just got back from Disney and used the new road. We came through the western gate at Disney near Coranado Springs. It was wonderful and no traffic at all. We were the only car on the road for most of the time. I know that won't be the case for long, when more people discover the road! But we really enjoyed driving through the Disney gates all alone! :Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter