Disney's ALL-STAR MUSIC RESORT Information & Questions

My favorite value..including Pop and AofA..just think the buses are less crazy

This is nice to see, not much ASMu love on these boards. I've never been but am super excited about it. We were actually deciding between CBR and values and my kids (20 & 15) picked this one. The layout looks very easy and it's in the middle of both values if we wanted to take a walk and look around. Pop just didn't appeal to me at all, I know I'm in the minority on that one for sure!

This is nice to see, not much ASMu love on these boards. I've never been but am super excited about it. We were actually deciding between CBR and values and my kids (20 & 15) picked this one. The layout looks very easy and it's in the middle of both values if we wanted to take a walk and look around. Pop just didn't appeal to me at all, I know I'm in the minority on that one for sure!

Believe me..I've done all the values and it seems like Pop and AofA are much better looking but they dont seem to handle the bigger crowds well..

I have been to moderates PO,POFQ and CSR, but they're just not "Disney" enough...I like to feel the Diz with every breath..thats why we're there!!

Wherever you decide..ENJOY!!!

Can someone please tell me how big the large pizza is in the food court?? I know my signature says Pop,lol.. we decided last minute to stay at ASmu as it had been so long... just me and the two youngest kiddos this go around so I'm not wanting to go into town at all if I can avoid it, so we will be eating our dinners at the parks and resort... any suggestions at the resort will be great too! Thanks!!

Can someone please tell me how big the large pizza is in the food court?? I know my signature says Pop,lol.. we decided last minute to stay at ASmu as it had been so long... just me and the two youngest kiddos this go around so I'm not wanting to go into town at all if I can avoid it, so we will be eating our dinners at the parks and resort... any suggestions at the resort will be great too! Thanks!!
Anyone?

I have a family of four, DH, myself, DD 24 and DD 18. I would say three of us could get by with one pizza. Maybe all four of us, if no one was super hungry. There are eight big pieces. It is slightly smaller in size than the take and bake cheese pizza from Walmart. Maybe an Aldi size take and bake.

I have a family of four, DH, myself, DD 24 and DD 18. I would say three of us could get by with one pizza. Maybe all four of us, if no one was super hungry. There are eight big pieces. It is slightly smaller in size than the take and bake cheese pizza from Walmart. Maybe an Aldi size take and bake.
Thank-you that helps out a lot, we should be fine with 1 then, I get Walmart one's all the time! :thanks:

I've been looking at the resort on Google Maps just for kicks. When we get there, do we need to park in the parking lot across from the lobby entrance? It looks like bus stops only in front of the building.

I would think so, unless you do online check in and already know which room you will be in and can access it with your band. Personally I plan to not to that & go to the front desk.

Just curious because of your ticker - are you going to try to stay at the Rock Inn?

I've been looking at the resort on Google Maps just for kicks. When we get there, do we need to park in the parking lot across from the lobby entrance? It looks like bus stops only in front of the building.

There is a parking section labeled check-in parking, yes. The main entrance loop is used for Magical Express and other cabs/vans/etc. who are doing drop-off / pickup.

I would think so, unless you do online check in and already know which room you will be in and can access it with your band. Personally I plan to not to that & go to the front desk.

Just curious because of your ticker - are you going to try to stay at the Rock Inn?

No, that was just a ticker that I found. I have no preference. I'll be like Minnie Pearl "just so proud to be there!"

There is a parking section labeled check-in parking, yes. The main entrance loop is used for Magical Express and other cabs/vans/etc. who are doing drop-off / pickup.

Thanks! Didn't want to be sitting in the middle of the road trying to figure out where to go...

We recently switched from staying in a family suite in Art of Animation to a Family Suite in All Star Music, so I have not spent a lot of time doing research on these rooms. I know AoA rooms have USB plugs for charging phones and things...do the family suites here have anything like that? Was hoping to not drag a few things with me...

Thanks!

Lynn

Hi all! Joining in here. :) Could someone please tell me which building the family suites are in? Sorry if I missed it elsewhere in this thread.

Just booked Music for a June trip and of course I have a few stupid questions. I was just there not much more than a year ago so you'd think I'd remember this stuff, but my memory just doesn't work that way. ;)

What inputs do the TVs have? HDMI? A/V? We'll have our portable DVD player for the drive down and I want to be sure to bring the right cable to hook it up in the room in case we end up resting/napping in the afternoons.

What can I expect the summer pool hours to be like? We found the December hours to be really disappointing - even on unusually warm days the pools closed too early to use most nights. Hopefully summer hours should be longer?

Finally, what section would be best to request for something near transportation & Melody Hall? On my last stay I requested and got Broadway, partly for the theme and partly because I figured it would be quiet, but with my mom coming on this trip I'd like to make my requests all about location.

What inputs do the TVs have? HDMI? A/V?.

HDMI and Composite

What can I expect the summer pool hours to be like?

8A-11P

Finally, what section would be best to request for something near transportation & Melody Hall? On my last stay I requested and got Broadway, partly for the theme and partly because I figured it would be quiet, but with my mom coming on this trip I'd like to make my requests all about location.

I would make your request "close to melody hall" or "close to bus stop". There are rooms in multiple locations/sections that will get you close to those so it's best to not tie yourself down to only one section.

I thought I commented on this a few days ago but I guess I didnt....

We are checking in next Saturday, into a family suite and I could NOT be more excited!!! This was truly the perfect choice for our family! There are 5 of us- myself & my husband, son 9, daughter 5, son almost 3! (He turns 3 the week after we come home.) the AoA suites look amazing, but the cost differance just couldn't get me this time. This is a first visit for all of us, btw! At first we had booked just a standard room but I really felt like my husband was going to be really negative about a tiny room, even though he wanted to go cheap. It was about an extra $700 to upgrade to the family suite, and I think he'll be happier, in turn making all of us happier! And I'm pretty pumped about it too! We agreed awhile ago that we wanted to stay at the values bc of the theming for our kids. And also that we'd like to go once a year- so this will be the defining trip for us! When the kids get older, we'll stay at higher level resorts. But for now, I'm THRILLED to be heading to an in-your-face-disney resort!!!

I thought I commented on this a few days ago but I guess I didnt....

We are checking in next Saturday, into a family suite and I could NOT be more excited!!! This was truly the perfect choice for our family! There are 5 of us- myself & my husband, son 9, daughter 5, son almost 3! (He turns 3 the week after we come home.) the AoA suites look amazing, but the cost differance just couldn't get me this time. This is a first visit for all of us, btw! At first we had booked just a standard room but I really felt like my husband was going to be really negative about a tiny room, even though he wanted to go cheap. It was about an extra $700 to upgrade to the family suite, and I think he'll be happier, in turn making all of us happier! And I'm pretty pumped about it too! We agreed awhile ago that we wanted to stay at the values bc of the theming for our kids. And also that we'd like to go once a year- so this will be the defining trip for us! When the kids get older, we'll stay at higher level resorts. But for now, I'm THRILLED to be heading to an in-your-face-disney resort!!!

Congratulations! Have a wonderful trip!

So only 3 days left.. but I have a question please. I called and paid off my balance, the CM was really sweet, but she didn't give me a conf. # and told me that me paying it off would show up on My Disney Experience. I have looked everywhere on there and I see my ressie, but nowhere do I see what I owe or don't owe? I looked to see if maybe I got a email, nothing there either. Only proof I have is that it already showed up on my bank statement online. Is there a place to look that I'm just not seeing or do I need to call the resort?
p.s. as I stated a few weeks ago I know my sig. says Pop, but we changed it to ASmu ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter