Disney's ALL-STAR MUSIC RESORT Information & Questions

For those of you who stayed recently, what was your opinion of the new food court? It looks great from the pictures that I have seen. I'm curious to hear about everyone's recent experiences and opinions about the menu items. :thumbsup2
My husband and I stayed at All-Star Music from 3/1 to 3/8. We didn't go to the parks at all as we were in the area to watch our daughter play softball. We loved it. We have stayed at GF, AKL, BWI, POR, PORFQ, and All-Star Sports before. I was just looking for an inexpensive hotel with some disney magic. I booked through Orbitz and got a great rate. The food court was good and offered a large selection. The ordering area was a little hectic during peak times but it was a standard disney food court. After a crazy day of canceled flights and weather, we had turkey dinners at 11:00 pm at night. They were delicious and a good ending to a rough day. We also had pasta, breakfast and snacks at other times. Every time we went we found something that sounded good. We stayed at the back of the Broadway section. We didn't mind the walk and we were in a very quiet area. Several large groups were at the hotel but we only saw or heard them in the common areas. Everything went great except check-in. I felt that considering I was the 2nd person in line, waiting 20 minutes to speak to a cast member was excessive. It was 10 pm but they do need more cast members available at that time. Otherwise we loved it. We did ride the bus to downtown. It took a long time because of the construction and because of that bus also going to Typhoon Lagoon on both trips.

We actually have reservations for a family trip in June at CBR and I am considering switching to 2 rooms at ASMusic or Movies.

Can someone tell me how big the doorway is between the sleeping area and the sink? I plan to bring along a piece of dark fabric, so that I can get ready without the light waking up my nephew.

Can someone tell me how big the doorway is between the sleeping area and the sink? I plan to bring along a piece of dark fabric, so that I can get ready without the light waking up my nephew.

All the value resorts, including All-Star Music, have added a privacy curtain to separate the sink area. Are you asking your question without knowing that? Or did you want to supplement the curtain?

All the value resorts, including All-Star Music, have added a privacy curtain to separate the sink area. Are you asking your question without knowing that? Or did you want to supplement the curtain?

Yes, I want to add something to help block out the light. The yellow curtain they have doesn't do that at all.

Hello! I have never stayed at the Allstars but will be staying at Music May 6-8 with no car a 4 year old and a then 7 month old! Yes I'm a little nuts lol. Any tips tricks or suggestions for maneuvering this resort would be helpful! And now that I have introduced myself I'm going to attempt to read through this thread....

Hello! I have never stayed at the Allstars but will be staying at Music May 6-8 with no car a 4 year old and a then 7 month old! Yes I'm a little nuts lol. Any tips tricks or suggestions for maneuvering this resort would be helpful! And now that I have introduced myself I'm going to attempt to read through this thread....

I stayed at Music last summer on my own with my kids, but ours are a little older. :)

Any room requests may depend on what's most important to you - quiet for afternoon breaks or proximity to dining/transportation. We loved the broadway section and it was very quiet - about a 5 minute walk from Melody Hall. I was able to sit right outside our door during an afternoon break while the kids were resting and it was very peaceful. At most mods and values, I wouldn't sit outside the door because there is just too much traffic, but broadway was entirely different. But if you'd like to be closer to Melody Hall, calypso or jazz may work better for you.

I actually think buses are easier than having a car. Our kids were always easier to corral onto a bus than getting in the car. We've stayed in many resorts, and the bus service at Music was better than many during our stay. I think three stops at All Stars is much better than the maze of bus stops at the mods.

We always ate breakfast early (as in, 7am early) to avoid crowds and that worked well for us.

Our youngest really enjoyed the pool and I was surprised to see how uncrowded it was in the middle of the afternoon - and that was in August! It was a zoo at night, but nice for an afternoon break.

Can somebody suggest a room in building 10-Calypso, on the top floor with a good view of the pool?

Can somebody suggest a room in building 10-Calypso, on the top floor with a good view of the pool?

It is not recommended to ask for specific room numbers when making requests. It is best describe what you are looking for so the room assigners know. So in your case I would request Calypso 10, top floor, pool view. There are more than 1 room that fits that description so you have multiple chances to get your request. If you request a specific room number and it's not available, the room assigner won't know why you requested that room and you could get something completely opposite of what you want.

This isn't like the cruise lines where you can pick your room.

WOOOT ! add me in!! August 16th to the 23rd! we are usually die hard CBR fans but decided to try the Music Resort for a change :) Please tell me Im going to love it!!! ( of course I am ,,,Im in Disney!!)

I have a question if anyone can help me.. Im travelling with my DH and two boys..12yrs and 6 yrs. The 12yr old does not want to sleep with the 6 yr old anymore and vice versa. Do you know if Disney has anything like a cot bed or similar that we could use? Has anyone every had this issue? I know this sounds like my 12yr old is being picky but hes borderline Asbergers and sometimes its a huge deal to him. A suite is totally out of our budget and the other resorts with murphy beds are only guaranteed for parties of 5. Even a blow up bed would work as its getting a squash with hubby and I and the 6yr old in the same bed lol...just wanted to check to see if Disney have anything we could use. Thanks in advance.

I have a question if anyone can help me.. Im travelling with my DH and two boys..12yrs and 6 yrs. The 12yr old does not want to sleep with the 6 yr old anymore and vice versa. Do you know if Disney has anything like a cot bed or similar that we could use? Has anyone every had this issue? I know this sounds like my 12yr old is being picky but hes borderline Asbergers and sometimes its a huge deal to him. A suite is totally out of our budget and the other resorts with murphy beds are only guaranteed for parties of 5. Even a blow up bed would work as its getting a squash with hubby and I and the 6yr old in the same bed lol...just wanted to check to see if Disney have anything we could use. Thanks in advance.

Last time we stayed at Music we were told they do not have roll-aways or cots available. We ended up using a blow up mattress.

Just to clarify something you said above, you can guarantee yourself a room with a Murphy Bed at POR if you book preferred.

Last time we stayed at Music we were told they do not have roll-aways or cots available. We ended up using a blow up mattress.

Just to clarify something you said above, you can guarantee yourself a room with a Murphy Bed at POR if you book preferred.
Hi Dansdad...no I called Disney yesterday to book POR preferred but they told me that they had some preferred rooms in Magnolia Bend? ( if thats what its called) also that DONT have a murphy beds and theres a chance we could get put there if a family of 5 checks in before us..so that plan was foiled also ugh. Thanks for the blow up mattress idea...where did you put it in the room?? does it fit? thanks

Hi Dansdad...no I called Disney yesterday to book POR preferred but they told me that they had some preferred rooms in Magnolia Bend? ( if thats what its called) also that DONT have a murphy beds and theres a chance we could get put there if a family of 5 checks in before us..so that plan was foiled also ugh. Thanks for the blow up mattress idea...where did you put it in the room?? does it fit? thanks

That is 100% incorrect. There are zero preferred rooms in Magnolia Bend. Every preferred room has a Murphy Bed. I am 100% confident in saying that. It really irritates me when the phone CMs give out completely incorrect information.

We put the mattress between the one bed and the wall by the door. We would stand it up and lean it against the wall when not using it. It's tight, much tighter than say at CBR, but it works.

That is 100% incorrect. There are zero preferred rooms in Magnolia Bend. Every preferred room has a Murphy Bed. I am 100% confident in saying that. It really irritates me when the phone CMs give out completely incorrect information.

We put the mattress between the one bed and the wall by the door. We would stand it up and lean it against the wall when not using it. It's tight, much tighter than say at CBR, but it works.
Wow..thanks for that info...Im going to call back today again and see if I can get a different CM and ask again about POR preferred. Having said that the 6yr old is quite happy to sleep on a blow up mattress but it would be a lot easier if we had that murphy bed..Thanks again :)

Wow..thanks for that info...Im going to call back today again and see if I can get a different CM and ask again about POR preferred. Having said that the 6yr old is quite happy to sleep on a blow up mattress but it would be a lot easier if we had that murphy bed..Thanks again :)

:thumbsup2

Havent been to All Star Music in 10 years..stayed in Calypso 10 and asked for the same this time

Love the music by the pool..has there been any major refurbs or improvements?

My favorite value..including Pop and AofA..just think the buses are less crazy

..has there been any major refurbs or improvements?

The most recent and notable refurb/improvement is the Intermission Food Court is completely redone. End Zone food court at All-Star Sports had a similar update in 2013.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter