Please calm my fears about POP

AButrcup1

Earning My Ears
I am thinking about booking Pop in late Sept,early Oct.I have a fear I will hate Pop!I have stayed at POFQ,and loved it,but my kids want to stay at Pop(they heard about the frozen cokes!)Please tell me Pop isn't bad!This is a surprise trip,:cool1: we thought that we would have to wait til 2008!Thanks!

Me..princess: DB..:firefight Dd..princess: 13,Ds...pirate:6

Pop was fine for us. We normally stay at the BC but made a 4 day trip in Oct and needed cheap (pd 49...yay). It was fine. DS's both loved the frozen cokes BTW.

The pool was fine. There is no water slide fro DS#1 but he was perfectly happy.

They had pool games and activites there that we had not seen at our previous stays at CSR and CBR as moderates.

Believe me we went from a deluxe to a value with no disappointments.

Thanks..I feel better,I got a AAA rate,so I will be saving some $$$$.I guess I just wanted other opinions on the resort.(I was hoping for free dining and WL,but work,and my wallet, won't allow me to go).
Thanks Disers!!!!:grouphug:
Andrea

I am thinking about booking Pop in late Sept,early Oct.I have a fear I will hate Pop!I have stayed at POFQ,and loved it,but my kids want to stay at Pop(they heard about the frozen cokes!)Please tell me Pop isn't bad!This is a surprise trip,:cool1: we thought that we would have to wait til 2008!Thanks!

Me..princess: DB..:firefight Dd..princess: 13,Ds...pirate:6

we love POP and are going again this year. My dd 11 wanted to stay here when we went in 05 and insisted that we stay here again. She loves the frozen cokes

We usually stay at a moderate or the Dolphin Resort. When we want to return as an extra trip we stay at Pop and enjoy it VERY much. I would not hesitate in staying at Pop. If the children enjoy it, you will too. Enjoy your trip.

I have the same problem. I always wanted to stay at Poly. I have it booked but think i'll switch because it will save $1000 and my kids (9 and 10) think the POP looks great. I worry about the small rooms and the transportation. I'll be 40 this yar and wanted to splurge but $1000 buys alot of extra excursions. I hope Pop is as nice as everyone says it is. Good Luck

We love POP! It's the only resort my kids (15, 9) like to stay at.

I have stayed at POP twice and have loved both trips. I think it is really cool to be able to go around with your kids and talk about all the different icons you see and the signs that you read about what happen in a certain year or decade.

:thumbsup2 Pop is great...our room in 05 was quiet and the grounds are very clean. The resort is not as big as some say, IMHO. You'll be fine! The food court is convenient and a lot of good food choices, busses quick and the queue for the busses should be adapted at all the resorts. The mousekeepers were the best of any of our stays.

Have fun!

J

We love POP too! It's been great! We are really only there to swim, sleep, or shower, so it's perfect!

You'll have a great time!

I agree about the bus queues. I'm planning on staying at POP for the first time this September and am looking very forward to orderly bus lines. I can't stand feeling like a heard of cows with everyone trying to cram on the busses.

I've stayed at Pop twice and I can honestly say it is a fun resort! I love the Wilderness Lodge as well, but Pop was also fine for my husband and I. The last time we went down for our anniversary, and they gave us balloons, a card and romantic towel animals almost every day! It was even better service than the Wilderness Lodge. ( where we stayed for our honeymoon in a concierge room) This summer we are returing with our son for his first birthday. The bus service was always great! (much better than all stars in our expierence) You'll have fun, no matter what, YOU ARE IN DISNEY AFTER ALL! :dumbo: :smickey:

I'll have to be the first person to say DH and I's last trip was half empty because of POP. I should have known better when after waiting over an hour in line for check-in and making it to our room to find dirty walls. Walls covered in smudges, crayon, food and what looked like blood. Clearly I should have brought my Mr. Clean eraser to tidy up the place. It was SO loud with all the kids running around and doors banging. We waited most afternoons about 50 mins in line to take a bus back to the park. There were usually enough people to warrant 3 busses by the time they did show up. The frozen coke machine was never frozen. Our biggest mistake was cancelling our BC reservation because of the cheaper price at POP. I found All Stars much better, but after our last trip we're done with values.

we just came back from pop and loved it .We're in our early 40's and have a 9 year old .Petals pool bar is great.The daughter loved the ippy boppy pool ,mom kind of wished there was a table service restaurant for supper.

I'm considering Pop, too, for a trip in September. Anyone have a picture of the sink area of the bathrooms? Is it like the ones in the All-Stars? I looked on All Ears, but there was no sink picture! Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter