*Planning our Must Do's = BoOzE & Food* Nov '12 F&W Fest PTR*10/31 I leave TODAY!

Thanks for the picture! Your daughter is so cute. And your son, I already commented on your trip report with that! Haha. They have such blonde hair!

not a problem, happy to help out with info.

thanks, my sons was light like that till about 2 then started to darken, hers is much lighter though so we think it might stay that way longer.

Wow, congratulations on the new job and the upcoming Disney trip! What a wonderful opportunity for you.

Looking forward to hearing all about your trip!

Okay, I'm a nerd… LOVE your spreadsheet! :thumbsup2 I'm so far behind, but I'm slowly catching up with all my threads.

Your trip is SOOO CLOSE!!!!

Wow, congratulations on the new job and the upcoming Disney trip! What a wonderful opportunity for you.

Looking forward to hearing all about your trip!

Thanks so much! I am incredibly nervous but so excited to start.

Okay, I'm a nerd… LOVE your spreadsheet! :thumbsup2 I'm so far behind, but I'm slowly catching up with all my threads.

Your trip is SOOO CLOSE!!!!

Haha, us nerds do love spreadsheets, especially Disney ones!

Ugh, I have not had a good week ever since I put in my two weeks. They aren't kidding when they say changing a job is one of the most stressful things in life.

After I put in my two weeks I was told the VP of Marketing for the West Region wanted to talk to me. He called me and basically attacked me for 15 minutes about leaving the company and didn't understand how I could be loyal to a company that has never given me any paychecks. He wanted me to say I would stay at Acosta and then wanted to know how much money I needed to stay! I told him no I wasn't staying. I already made up my mind and am leaving. Even if they were to match my salary with my new job there would still be no room for movement and I would never get another raise again. So I told him no again. He basically demanded that I think about it. So i told him I would.

He called me at night and was horrible to me. I cried after the phone call. He attacked me some more, yelled at me, criticized me, and more. He told me he doesn't think this is going to work out and he doesn't think it is a good idea.

So, anyways that was stressful. My current company is basically desperate. They underpay their employees very much and they have high turnover. I guess I am valued here because he really wanted me to stay.

So, that is stressful. And trying to get everything done before I go on vacation and leave the company is stressful. I feel like all of my clients are treating me poorly because I am leaving.

I am sorry I am complaining so much right now but I am in a bad mood. I have cramps, I am cranky, and our internet has been out for two days. I finally got it fixed.

I think I am finally finalizing some Disney plans. I am not going to get park hoppers unless for some reason I find out you can access the new Fantasyland during previews. I talked to Emily about shows she would want to see and gave her a list of most of the shows and she said she wants to see Indiana Jones Stunt Show and Lights Motor Action, so I have to work those into the plans.

I can't believe we are down to 8 days! I am soo excited. Next week at this time I will be packing. I ordered my final thing that I need for my trip- a tripod. I am sort of nervous about using this because I am not a professional photographer and am new so I think I will be self conscious but hopefully I will be able to take some good photos. The tripod is only 2 lbs and 14 inches folded, so it should be easy to carry. I also bought a little lens bag so my spare lenses. I am just going to put my camera in my backpack when I am not using it. Hopefully it won't get destroyed.

Anyways, that is all for now. Hopefully I will be able to post park plans soon! And hopefully I don't get harassed by the marketing VP anymore!

Wow! That would make up my mind to NOT stay if they allow a VP to act like that. I'm so sorry that you are going through two weeks from heck. From an HR perspective, I would make a complaint that he is creating a hostile work environment and that he needs to cease communication with you - period. I certainly wouldn't feel loyal to a company that only recognized my work when I was half way out the door.

I hope you have a better week and know that we're here cheering you on and counting down with you to your fabulous trip and your new life with the new company. I hope it is as satisfying as I think it will be!

Take care Rachel. :goodvibes

Just think how nice this vacation will be once it gets here. You only have a little more than a week to get through and then you will be done with your current job. Look at it on a positive side and think how nice it is that they value your work and want you to stay. Hang in there!!!

Wow! That would make up my mind to NOT stay if they allow a VP to act like that. I'm so sorry that you are going through two weeks from heck. From an HR perspective, I would make a complaint that he is creating a hostile work environment and that he needs to cease communication with you - period. I certainly wouldn't feel loyal to a company that only recognized my work when I was half way out the door.

I hope you have a better week and know that we're here cheering you on and counting down with you to your fabulous trip and your new life with the new company. I hope it is as satisfying as I think it will be!

Take care Rachel. :goodvibes

Thank you so much for the kind words! It really makes me feel better about my decisions to leave:)

I thought about going to HR, but there is a problem because my Dad AND Boyfriend both still work for Acosta. My dad is a Sales Director so I don't want to leave on a bad note and cause anything bad to happen to my Dad. I did talk to my managers the morning after it happened and told them I wasn't happy and I was very offended. They apologized but still no apologies from the VP. I don't think it will happen. He hasn't contacted me since the two phone calls, Thank God!

I feel great about my decision to leave and am so excited to start a new job at a company that will value me! My background check cleared so I am good to go. Now I gotta take the drug test, and if that came back positive, something is really wrong there! Haha

Just think how nice this vacation will be once it gets here. You only have a little more than a week to get through and then you will be done with your current job. Look at it on a positive side and think how nice it is that they value your work and want you to stay. Hang in there!!!
I know it is kinda funny that I am wanted so bad by them now!

Luckily my two weeks is going pretty fast and it makes me feel better than I have this trip to look forward to! Thanks for cheering me up:goodvibes

So, I wanted to post my "final" schedule (who am I kidding, it isn't final)! I made this for all of my trips! I really only plan the dining, park, and show times. I am not a commando ride planner.

ScreenShot2012-10-15at72913PM.png

This has AK on the first day. We switched Monday with Thursday because hopefully we can get AK done in a few hours. Just realized I never switched the park on Day 1 at the top. Looks like I still have work to do.

In exactly two weeks, we will be taking off from Minneapolis headed to Orlando!!!

Yippee!

You're so close (which by default, means I am also so close :laughing:)!! :yay:

My job is nothing like yours but I too LOVE Excel. Your chart makes me happy :lovestruc Looks like we're in the same park on Monday and then Tuesday morning as well. I'll have to be on the lookout for you!

And I totally agree with emmysmommy that you should file a complaint w/ HR regarding that VP. It probably won't do much for you honestly, but it could come back on him if he tried anything like that in the future with someone else. I have worked for a very small company (like <20 people), mid-sized (around 150), and very big (Pier1 Imports in college, and my current employer - a hospital system with >8000 employees). I MUCH prefer the environment at a large corporation. I know not everyone would agree. But I just feel the professionalism and overall work environment is better. I really think you'll like it at Pepsi. Just stick to your guns with that ****** for a few more days! It's almost over!

Wow Rachel I understand what you are going through w/ your job change. After I had my son I left a place I worked @ 7 years, having the top service & product sales, they were mad! Even though they took advantage of my schedule, kindness & extra hard, detailed work, they just couldn't understand why I'd "betray" them. I was basically bullied for putting in my notice. My manager told me I was making a huge mistake & that I'd be back. Yada yada.... I left her a personal note saying I'd never be back. [separate from my resignation letter, of course..hee hee:littleangel:] I wanted to make sure I burned that bridge down to the ground!! LOL!!! My thing is to always move forward & never look back. Now over 2 years later I am a stay @ home mom, work in a chain Salon only 1 day a week & DH & I opened a small business. It's not always easy, but I know I made the right choice. Just don't let your OLD BOSS put doubts in your head, like mine did. The bottom line is what is important to any business. So you obviously have a great deal of value to this co. which is why you got the job you went after!!! You GO GIRL!!!!!!!! :cheer2:

not a problem on the feedback, let me know if you want to see any of the other pics of the food that we had, i have pictures of them all...

here is the rojo vieja
DSC05367ropaveija_zpse1710057.jpg

my one year old daughter could not get enough of it.
when i asked her if she wanted more, she would do a quick step in place and shake her head up and down really fast.

DSC05368_zpsd27e507c.jpg

This is just soo cute!!!! Yummy Yummy!!!!

Hopefully I can post some of these daily plans before I go to get my thoughts together. This PTR hasn't really been Disney related so I need to get on the bandwagon because I only have
days left!

Our first real day is November 1st. We arrive at 11:22pm on Halloween night, so that doesn't count. I sure wish the food court was still open though! We plan to have Chick fil a at the airport before we take off. It is a direct flight so I hope to watch Toy Story or Tangled on the plane on my iPad with Corey!

We plan on doing Animal Kingdom the first day and here is what our schedule looks like!

8:30am- Breakfast at Boma!
PhonePics146.jpg

I really hope they bring back their goat cheese eggs. MickeyNicki said they don't have them anymore but that was one of the reasons I want to eat here so bad! Oh well, it will still be yummy!

9:30- Take Bus over to AK from AKL. Try to see characters from UP! in front of the Tree of Life.

10:00- Get Fastpasses for Expedition Everest if they are at the right time. Emily and I will only go on this so she will use Corey's Fastpass.

10:30- See Flights of Wonder

11:00- Possibly watching Finding Nemo: The Musical if we can get there in time. If not, we probably won't see it this trip which is a bummer because I wanted to photograph it.

11:40- Head back to the hotel. Emily's flight lands at 11:28 so I am guessing she will get to the hotel about 1:30.

1:30- Eat lunch at Art of Animation. I am thinking the Veggie Burger or Chicken Burger with one of my must do Snacks- the Mickey Ganache.

2:00- Head back to AK. Yikes, I am really cutting it close on AK time!! Scary!!

2:30 or 3:00- Lion King Show!

Must do Rides for the rest of the time- Expedition Everest, Dinosaur, It's a Bug Life, and the Safari. I hope I can get this all done. It scares me! The park closes at 5pm so hopefully we can do all of this in a couple of hours.

Expedition Everest
corey358.jpg

It's a Bug's Life
DisneyWorld09035-2.jpg

Dinosaur- That is me in the orange shirt hiding.
DisneyJune2011187.jpg

Rear end of a rhino! Haha, hopefully we don't see this.
DisneyJune2011222.jpg

After Animal Kingdom we head to Downtown Disney!

Corey is going to eat dinner at Earl of Sandwich and I bet Emily will want to eat at Wolfgang Puck. I, however, want to go to Kona Island Sushi Bar. I am really hoping someone will want to go with me. I really want to eat there!

After dinner it is kind of open. Maybe shop around at DTD, have some drinks on the patio at one of the restaurants, or go to JellyRolls! I have heard good things but the $12 cover is kind of ridiculous!

Ahhh, now I am super scared to get all of this stuff done. Gosh, why am I soo wishy washy! Now I want to do AK on a different day. I dunno, maybe I will get park hoppers. I just don't know. I can't make up my mind to save my life!

On a side note, I talked to my new boss today! I really like her. I am so excited to start. I only have 3 more days left at Acosta, which is really exciting yet scary and sad at the same time.

I will probably be spending the first week of Dec in Chicago, which will be fun! I hope I can do some fun stuff, especially if I will be downtown.

You're so close (which by default, means I am also so close :laughing:)!! :yay:

My job is nothing like yours but I too LOVE Excel. Your chart makes me happy :lovestruc Looks like we're in the same park on Monday and then Tuesday morning as well. I'll have to be on the lookout for you!

And I totally agree with emmysmommy that you should file a complaint w/ HR regarding that VP. It probably won't do much for you honestly, but it could come back on him if he tried anything like that in the future with someone else. I have worked for a very small company (like <20 people), mid-sized (around 150), and very big (Pier1 Imports in college, and my current employer - a hospital system with >8000 employees). I MUCH prefer the environment at a large corporation. I know not everyone would agree. But I just feel the professionalism and overall work environment is better. I really think you'll like it at Pepsi. Just stick to your guns with that ****** for a few more days! It's almost over!
I think I like the big company environment too! It is just so much more structured. Thankfully I don't have to work with him and he basically is ignoring me and hasn't apologized yet or thanked me for my work over the years!
Wow Rachel I understand what you are going through w/ your job change. After I had my son I left a place I worked @ 7 years, having the top service & product sales, they were mad! Even though they took advantage of my schedule, kindness & extra hard, detailed work, they just couldn't understand why I'd "betray" them. I was basically bullied for putting in my notice. My manager told me I was making a huge mistake & that I'd be back. Yada yada.... I left her a personal note saying I'd never be back. [separate from my resignation letter, of course..hee hee:littleangel:] I wanted to make sure I burned that bridge down to the ground!! LOL!!! My thing is to always move forward & never look back. Now over 2 years later I am a stay @ home mom, work in a chain Salon only 1 day a week & DH & I opened a small business. It's not always easy, but I know I made the right choice. Just don't let your OLD BOSS put doubts in your head, like mine did. The bottom line is what is important to any business. So you obviously have a great deal of value to this co. which is why you got the job you went after!!! You GO GIRL!!!!!!!! :cheer2:

Haha thanks!:goodvibes Yes, that is basically what happened with me too! It was horrible. They shouldn't treat anyone like that!!

You'll be in Chicago? How cool! I live in the suburbs!

I'm so indecisive about what I want to do this trip that we don't have a plan. I'm even going to cancel our ADRS since none of them are hard to get reservation places. I'm all about go with the flow this trip. My life has become too much planning, well work that is so I need a break from that!

You poor thing! Sounds like such a yucky situation with your job. Luckily there is not too long left! I agree with the others about filing a complaint. My husband was in a similar situation and his boss started pretty much bullying him once he gave his notice. He complained and was able to leave work the next day and still get paid out as if he had stayed for the length of his notice.
People are such a pain sometimes :confused:

Yayyyy you're so close!
Gosh I love your spreadsheet, too funny!
Your plans sound amazing too.
Ahhh Boma is the perfect way to start off the trip- even without the goatcheese eggs there is just SO much amazing food.

Also your Dinosaur photo is the same as all of mine :rotfl2:

Eeeeek! Only 3 more days! And only 2 more days until I am completely done with Acosta. I actually should be working today to finish some stuff up but frankly I don't care so I am not!:cool1:

I haven't started packing yet, but then again, I won't start packing until Tuesday night or Wednesday AM. I do have to do laundry and clear my memory cards so I will do that before. Tomorrow night is my going away happy hour at work so that will take a couple of hours up.

I got my tripod in the mail! I am really excited to use but also a little nervous with all the crowds. I hope it won't be too much of a hassle. It is pretty easy to set up and take down though. It took me about 2 hours to figure out though!:thumbsup2

4E6C3E45-3B14-4202-AAE9-6401C2272DA0-4926-00000726702A9202.jpg

80B4A067-054B-4491-9BB1-E54824DE40BC-4926-0000072674323FC3.jpg

Here are some photos I took! Love this one with her tongue sticking out!
IMG_1422.jpg

Lola in focus
IMG_1459.jpg

Corey in focus. Check out what is in the picture frame! I haven't taken out the stock photo yet. Hahah
IMG_1458.jpg

Mickey's foot
IMG_1466.jpg

Lola again. She is so photogenic!:love:
IMG_1465.jpg

HS is going to be our second day but our full first day! I really think Emily will like this park a lot!:thumbsup2

The park opens at 9AM so we plan to get there before rope drop to prepare for THIS!
1080.jpg

Then we will head to Toy Story Mania. I do the opposite of most people. I ride the ride first THEN I get fast passes. That way the FP is for a little later so we can space out our rides.
DisneyWorld09208.jpg

1082.jpg

I think I am going to let Emily and Corey ride this one together because they both like video games and are competitive. Hopefully they won't stick me with some stranger.

Then we will go to our favorite Snack Place here- Starring Rolls, and get some yummy breakfast. I always get the delicious chocolate eclair here.
1212.jpg

I figure after we are done here it will be about 10AM. So here is the rest of our schedule.

10:30- Head to Wreck it Ralph and take pics with him!

11:00- Star Tours?

11:30- See Indiane Jones Stunt Show
DisneyWorld09228.jpg

12:00- Head to get fastpasses or ride Rock N Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror
1218.jpg

DisneyWorld09243.jpg

1:00- Eat Lunch- I want to go Pizza Planet and Corey wants to try Backlot.
I love the cappuccino cupcake at Pizza Planet.
1258.jpg

1:20- See Lights Motor Action. Obviously, this will be too close to lunch. Maybe we can push up lunch a bit.
1253.jpg

After this it is really open. I wouldn't mind seeing Beauty and the Beast Musical and riding some more of the rides again. Oh yes, I want to walk through One Man's Dream and do the Animation Academy. I haven't every done that so I would like to draw something.

4:45- Character palooza! I have never done this so I would like experience it.

After this open???

We are NOT seeing Fantasmic this trip! I have though about it and Emily said she is okay with not seeing it and Corey and I don't really care about it. We like it but it isn't a must do every trip.

We have dinner at 'Ohana at 8:05pm. I am SOOOO excited to take Emily here. I know she will really like it. She is a huge meat eater!:goodvibes

I can't wait for the broccoli, potstickers, steak, and shrimp. Oh yes and the amazing bread pudding!
DisneyJune2011130.jpg

DisneyJune2011139.jpg

Maybe even one of these babies!
DisneyJune2011113.jpg

I am especially excited for 'OHana because HalloWishes is playing while we are there. I am excited to hear the music and see the fireworks, albeit a bit far away. It will be neat to experience that. Hopefully I can request a good fireworks seat.

You'll be in Chicago? How cool! I live in the suburbs!

I'm so indecisive about what I want to do this trip that we don't have a plan. I'm even going to cancel our ADRS since none of them are hard to get reservation places. I'm all about go with the flow this trip. My life has become too much planning, well work that is so I need a break from that!

I think I will only be in Chicago for about a week or less. I have no clue yet!

I kind of want to go with the flow too. I am super indecisive this trip also! I think it is because I have no clue what my friend will want to do so I don't want to overwhelm her.

You poor thing! Sounds like such a yucky situation with your job. Luckily there is not too long left! I agree with the others about filing a complaint. My husband was in a similar situation and his boss started pretty much bullying him once he gave his notice. He complained and was able to leave work the next day and still get paid out as if he had stayed for the length of his notice.
People are such a pain sometimes :confused:

Yayyyy you're so close!
Gosh I love your spreadsheet, too funny!
Your plans sound amazing too.
Ahhh Boma is the perfect way to start off the trip- even without the goatcheese eggs there is just SO much amazing food.

Also your Dinosaur photo is the same as all of mine :rotfl2:

Thanks for commenting. I feel better that other people have had similar issues to mine. All of my dinosaur pics are like that:laughing: I get to scared of that last big T rex!

Woohoo Rachel!!!! :woohoo: So close!!!! The plans you have look great so far!!! I can't wait for 'Ohana, I just hope it's as good as it was last year!! [our 1st time.]

Woohoo Rachel!!!! :woohoo: So close!!!! The plans you have look great so far!!! I can't wait for 'Ohana, I just hope it's as good as it was last year!! [our 1st time.]

oh I am sure it will be great for you! I love it and it is such a great and fun environment!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter