Planning on adding on 25-50 points

vbarry

DIS Veteran
OK- so we are wanting to start adding to our points and read where I can add on through Disney. It looks like OKW is the best bet for price and a few more years on the contract. My goal is for each of my daughters to get our points to hopefully use in the future if they choose with their families.
(If not...oh well...sell them!) So right now we own a Feb use year and we own at BCV. I know when you add on it needs to be in the same use year which is fine but is it smart to start adding at OKW or should I just keep BCV?? I am very interested in adding a bigger amount potentially at GF or Poly DVC :cloud9:once these are for sale in the next few years.

I guess my main question is that if I have points at different resorts and I need lets say 27 points for one night and I only have 25 OKW points...can I then grab two BCV points and finish the reservation??? Is it just better to keep these smaller contracts at the same resort? Thanks for any info!

You can only combine points from different resorts at 7 months. Do you want to buy now or wait a year and buy GFV?

:earsboy: Bill

I would love to buy GFV but worried about the price and if I will be able to buy a small contract. We have a trip coming up this summer and I could use the points to finish this reservation...so I was thinking of purchasing 25 -50 points. It is just a nice way to add on without having to come up with a large sum of money. Does anyone know when they will start selling GFV and what the minimum amount of points will be required to buy??

Does anyone know when they will start selling GFV and what the minimum amount of points will be required to buy??

That information is not made public yet from Disney. I would imagine within the next 3 months we will have more information.

I would love to buy GFV but worried about the price and if I will be able to buy a small contract. We have a trip coming up this summer and I could use the points to finish this reservation...so I was thinking of purchasing 25 -50 points. It is just a nice way to add on without having to come up with a large sum of money. Does anyone know when they will start selling GFV and what the minimum amount of points will be required to buy??

They haven't given firm dates on when they will begin selling. But the thing to think about is GFV will probably have a per-night point cost that's more than BLT's now. So a small contract may not get you as far at GFV. If you know you might want to buy there, why spend the money on an OKW contract now that you don't really know if you want and wait to see how GFV shakes out later this year?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter