Planning for a Future TDL Visit

tfc3rid

DIS Veteran
Hey everyone...

Planning ahead here for a future visit to the TDL Resort. Will be staying on site using my DVC Points so wanting to try BOTH the DL Hotel and MiraCosta...

I was curious if the early weeks of April, right after the Spring Break Holidays and prior to Golden Week are the best travel time for the parks? I figure January-February would be a swell but I'd rather have a shot at better weather (read, warmer temperatures).

Those few weeks are normally for DVC , Low Season...

Thanks in advance...

Tokyo's temperature is forecasted to be about highs of 17-23 degrees C (63 - 73 degrees F) and lows of 6 - 19 degrees C (43 - 66 degrees F but usually around 54 degrees F) during that time. It will definitely be less crowded after spring break (usually ending 4/8) and before Golden Week (week starting 4/28) though those weeks in between do have some school trips planned usually. The weekends will hit around 30 to 40 thousand visitors while the weekdays will tend to be much less crowded around 16 to 23 thousand visitors. If TDL expected visitor count is under 30,000 for the day, it's likely to be fairly empty though it may also mean that certain attractions/rides may be shut down for refurb. They usually start restricting entry into the park when they exceed 60 to 70 thousand visitors.

All information from here. Unfortunately, it's all in Japanese so I did the translation for you. :)

We're busy planning our trip to DisneySea in March!

Tokyo's temperature is forecasted to be about highs of 17-23 degrees C (63 - 73 degrees F) and lows of 6 - 19 degrees C (43 - 66 degrees F but usually around 54 degrees F) during that time. It will definitely be less crowded after spring break (usually ending 4/8) and before Golden Week (week starting 4/28) though those weeks in between do have some school trips planned usually. The weekends will hit around 30 to 40 thousand visitors while the weekdays will tend to be much less crowded around 16 to 23 thousand visitors. If TDL expected visitor count is under 30,000 for the day, it's likely to be fairly empty though it may also mean that certain attractions/rides may be shut down for refurb. They usually start restricting entry into the park when they exceed 60 to 70 thousand visitors.

All information from here. Unfortunately, it's all in Japanese so I did the translation for you. :)

We're busy planning our trip to DisneySea in March!

Thanks for your feedback! This year is looking like a disneyland Paris year, intertwined with a PAris/London trip... I am thinking maybe for 2013... I DESPERATELY want to go to the OLC/Disney Parks... The good thing is I don't have to worry about paying for accomodations!

Thanks for your feedback! This year is looking like a disneyland Paris year, intertwined with a PAris/London trip... I am thinking maybe for 2013... I DESPERATELY want to go to the OLC/Disney Parks... The good thing is I don't have to worry about paying for accomodations!

Unless you have points to burn, using them at Tokyo Disneyland Hotel and the Mira Costa is not an especially good value, IMO. It's a lot of points -- around 50 points a night in the low season -- plus the booking fee, which I think is around $100.

I used points at the MiraCosta a few years back when I first bought into DVC and they gave me so many developer's points as an incentive that I had a lot of excess points in my first year... so I used them in Tokyo. But I wouldn't have done that in any other situation.

Unless you have points to burn, using them at Tokyo Disneyland Hotel and the Mira Costa is not an especially good value, IMO. It's a lot of points -- around 50 points a night in the low season -- plus the booking fee, which I think is around $100.

I used points at the MiraCosta a few years back when I first bought into DVC and they gave me so many developer's points as an incentive that I had a lot of excess points in my first year... so I used them in Tokyo. But I wouldn't have done that in any other situation.

I have 550 points annually and usually bank 400 or so... I will have plenty of points...

And, by the way, from DVC... "A non-refundable $95 transaction fee applies per confirmed Disney Collection reservation (excluding Disneyland® Resort hotels in California, campsites at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground in Florida, and Tokyo Disney Resort hotels)."

The $95 does not apply to TDL.

Keep in mind dvc can only book rooms that sleep 3 at the miracosta. There are no exceptions to this rule.

However the Tokyo Disneyland hotel is simply the best Disney hotel ANYWHERE.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter