Planning fast past+ around dining reservation

coolcruiser

Earning My Ears
I currently have a reservation at Ohana for a day and time that doesn't thrill me but it is the best I can do right now. I am hoping that something opens up on my preferred day closer to my trip. My dilemma is that I will decide which parks to visit based on this reservation. For instance it would make more sense to visit the Magic Kingdom on the same day we go to Ohana. If I choose our fast past+ based on my current reservation they will be useless if a more desirable dining time opens up. Any advice on what to do in this situation?

We are doing Epcot on our Ohana breakfast day. You have all of the transportation you need from the Poly to really go to any park. We will just jump on the monorail. All of my other ADRs are in a park, so I used my Ohana day as an open day to go to any park we feel we want to do more of....since I don't have the hoppers.

I would say don't limit yourself to just MK the day of your Ohana reservation. It's a Disney resort like any other and you can easily get transportation to/from any park to/from the Poly. Make your plans the way you would have them ideally and then if you can move the Ohana reservation...great...otherwise it won't have affected you much anyway.

You can always just switch your FP. I wouldn't worry unless you need SDMT and/or A&E.

I agree with your approach of pairing Ohana and Magic Kingdom, unless your ressie at Ohana is for a late dinner, then feel free to tour whatever park you desire and end your day at the Polynesian.

If you do decide on dinner at Ohana, a night with P.M. EMH at Magic Kingdom usually works best if you guys are a a late family.

The trip to/from Poly plus the extended length of an Ohana meal might add an hour to what say a table service at CRT would be, but all in all it isn't that bad. If you have an "early" reservation, maybe consider arriving at rope drop to MK, touring until time to leave for dinner, then hopping somewhere else after Ohana.

My approach would most certainly be to begin or end my day at Polynesian for efficiency.

Thanks for all the good advice. My problem is that we are going during the Food and Wine Festival. We really want to spend our last day at Epcot enjoying all the different food booths. Unfortunately this is the only day I can get the Ohana reservation. There is no way we will want a big meal on same day we do the Food and Wine Fest. I am hoping that I will be able to change my dining reservation. It sure would make it easier to choose my fast passes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter