Planning Disney Trip - OKW 12/16-19

thedon3

Mouseketeer
Hi,
I am taking my great newphews on the above dates. There ages are 15, 12 & 12. I figure we will spend each of the day's in one park, including the MK mickeys xmas ticket. I am going to get the DD deluxe plan, these boys can eat. Any other suggestions ?
Thanks
Bobby

Hi,
I am taking my great newphews on the above dates. There ages are 15, 12 & 12. I figure we will spend each of the day's in one park, including the MK mickeys xmas ticket. I am going to get the DD deluxe plan, these boys can eat. Any other suggestions ?
Thanks
Bobby

Wow! This is a tall order. Three boys with a lot of energy . . . Your first day has Magic Kingdom Early Entry. Go to Tom Sawyer's Island as soon as it opens and have the boys search for the lost paint brushes. Return them to a cast member for a surprise. They should also keep an eye out for "Mickey's Gold." Hint: Go to Fort Langhorn and check the bucket in the well. There's usually a brush hidden there.

Your second evening is late night at Epcot. Great opportunity for the boys to hit the "thrill rides" like Mission Space and Test Track. There are too many things to list for adults while the kids are on the rides.

Your third day is early entry at Hollywood Studios. Get there at the opening and grab a fast pass for Toy Story Midway Mania then head over to Rock n Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror. Since your spending the whole day there check out the Osborne Family Lights in the evening on the Streets of America.

Unfortunately there is no early entry/late night at Animal Kingdom during your stay but AK is a great visit all the same. Kilimanjaro Safaris first thing in the morning. The boys will love Expedition Everest and Dinosaur. If you have a park hopper you can head over to Hollywood Studios after AK closes at 6 pm. This is late night for HS which closes at 11 pm.

There is so much to see this time of year. Words cannot adequately describe the magic of the X-Mas decorations in all the parks and resorts. Take note of the creative ways fishing tackle is used as ornaments and decorations at OKW. You will discover that these will be the shortest 4 days of the holiday season.

My only fear is that I have left something out. I have older daughters that come with us during Christmas. They love the Candlelight Processional in Epcot and the X-mas Parades in the Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom. They just enjoy walking through the parks and taking in the ambiance peppered with a few rides here and there.

If you are doing the one park each day ticket with no hoppers, I'd be sure to take them to the Osborne lights in the evening at DHS. Every teen we have taken there has been mesmerized! Everyone likes the AK holiday parade too, and since you would be there a whole day, that would be a good thing to do. I know they probably will balk at first at the Nemo and Lion King shows, but I know they would love both as well. We've had teens balk at those and then say it was the best thing they did there! If you are doing MK for the Hohliday party, you might not have to do another whole day at MK too. We find we can do most everything we want on those night time parties.

Thanks so much. I got the Mickey tickets for 12/17. I am getting the hopper, so we can go all over. I have a full 3 days pallned for them. Hope I last!!!!!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter