Placeholder placed but no confirmation

Faith&Hope

I'd rather be cruisin'...
I filled out 2 different forms to reserve 2 rooms as placeholder reservations while on board. The first room, I spoke to the agent who was very busy but she took down my info on the card and put it in a pile for them to process. The second room, we dropped off the card in their box.

What kind of confirmation are we suppose to receive? We have not gotten any confirmation for either room and it's been 5 months. We added our travel agent to the reservation (placeholder) card but haven't received anything from them either.

What is supposed to be the typical process? Seems really strange that we booked 2 different rooms on 2 different days and haven't heard a word about either room.

Thanks for you help in advance!!

I didn't have confirmation either. We did a B2B so on the second cruise I went to the desk and the first one was never placed so she did it again. Got home and they didn't give my TA the credit like promised. TA got that fixed. It was the hardest time getting two reservations this past July. So moral of the story is check, check, check and don't let it slide.

We booked placeholders on each part of our b2b on the Dream in mid-December. Received a confirmation email shortly after they booked it. Also, our credit card was charged the placeholder fees right away.

If you have not received anything after 5 months there is something wrong (it could be as simple as an incorrect email address) and you need to contact Disney to get it sorted out.

SW

Just wanted to echo as above poster, I have always received an email confirmation shortly after booking on board. I just did another one on 12/22 and received my email shortly after. I know others might not log in to check their email but I use my "free" 50mb package to do so, so I do have confirmation before getting off the ship.

I hope it gets fixed for you!

Heather

Have you logged onto your castaway club account and checked your future cruises? That's how I found mine, as I had no confirmation last time either.

This is the best way to find out the reservation number. I booked a placeholder (2 rooms) while onboard in August and then again in November. After the one in August I never received any email confirmations and ended up looking them up through my Castaway Club account as mentioned above.

Then, after I booked the one in November (also 2 rooms), I had an email waiting for me when I got home. It seems like the email confirmations are sporadic.

Was your credit card charged for the deposit amount? Why would you wait 5 months to figure out if these were booked? I guess if had put the TA's info down you might have figured everything was good. If it were me, I'd be calling asap or at least logging in online to see if they are there.

I had a charge within a few days on my credit card and it showed on my castaway club account. And I got a confirmation email. I would expect for you to have seen at least one of these things if not all three. If you have seen none that it would seem your reservation was not made. Unfortunately at 5 months past sailing I don't know that Disney is going to do anything to make up for it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter