Pixie Dust in Paris! A June 2013 PTR! UPDATE 7/2 TR LINK

In the time I've been gone from the DIS...WE BOOKED OUR FLIGHTS! :cool1:

Definitely makes it seem much more real! We are flying out on June 12th and coming back on June 29th (I think...Mom has the email confirmation).

Uncle R, Aunt C and Kay are driving up either ther 11th or 12th and are flying with us because we don't want to be seperated going through customs or anything.

Our flight on the 12th isn't until 6-ish, so we'll sleep on the plane and arrive in London early on the 13th. From there, we'll take the Eurostar to Paris. We're renting an apartment in Paris so we can all stay together and according to Aunt C, the owner of the apartment is going to show us around the area, which will be nice!

The 14th is Thing2's thirteenth birthday. She's very into fashion and has requested we check out the fashion district during the day.

Tuesday the 18th is the day I think we've decided to go to DLP on, as there aren't as many crowds. We hope to get breakfast before we go to the parc because of the cost. Hopefully we can find a nice bakery that we can get some croissants from:

Croissants_zpsf63f43e8.png

Before heading over to see this beautiful place:

DisneylandParisCastle_zpsb0008198.png

We'll have to work out exactly what rides we want to do, but since we've heard the churros are good, we'll probably have to make a stop here, whether it be for lunch or just a snack:

lunch_zps9ef972ff.png

I'm hoping to stay until the parc closes before going to the Disney Village:

Disneyvillage_zpsba4788ea.png

Specifically the World of Disney store:

WorldofDisney_zps7a77dae2.png

to choose a souvenir. I'm sure we'll be beat after a long day but hopefully we have lots of fun!

Thank you so much for reading!

I thought you might find this useful:
http://www.dlrpmagic.com/calendar/monthly-park-hours/2012/06/
it is the park opening hours for last June. I would think you're looking at similar hours this year because Dreams will still be on so they have to at least wait until it's dark enough for that before closing.

As far as I'm aware, the Village is only open until midnight. If Dreams is on at 11 and then lasts 20 minutes, you still need to make it out of the Park which would probably take you 10-15 minutes if the Dreams crowd is big, and this wouldn't leave you too much time to choose a souvenir. I may be wrong, but thought I would let you know just in case!

Sounds like you're going to have a great trip, I hope the weather is nice for you :goodvibes

Great TR! :)

Thank you! :)

I thought you might find this useful:
http://www.dlrpmagic.com/calendar/monthly-park-hours/2012/06/
it is the park opening hours for last June. I would think you're looking at similar hours this year because Dreams will still be on so they have to at least wait until it's dark enough for that before closing.

As far as I'm aware, the Village is only open until midnight. If Dreams is on at 11 and then lasts 20 minutes, you still need to make it out of the Park which would probably take you 10-15 minutes if the Dreams crowd is big, and this wouldn't leave you too much time to choose a souvenir. I may be wrong, but thought I would let you know just in case!

Sounds like you're going to have a great trip, I hope the weather is nice for you :goodvibes

Thank you so much for your advice! I took a look at the park hours from previous years, hopefully they're similar this year!

I'm so glad you told me the Disney Village is only open until midnight! Do you know if the stores on Main Street are open a little while after the park closes? Just trying to figure out the best time to do a little shopping!

Short update tonight as we're on spring break!

76 days until we leave for Europe!! I can hardly wait to get to see everything I've been looking at pictures of for so long! For Christmas, Dad got the rest of us each a little notebook with the English flag on it and Aunt C got me a notepad with the Eiffel Tower on it. I've already started jotting down notes in them but I can't wait to actually document the trip!

On a different note, all of these pictures of the New Fantasyland are killing me! I want to see all of the new additions in person so badly! Mom and Dad have already agreed that if everything works out we should be able to go back next summer. :cool1:

I found this Disney survey that looked fun. These are my answers but I'd love to hear yours too!

Which Disney Princess film is your favorite?
Beauty and the Beast

Which non-Disney Princess Disney Film is your favorite?
Probably Peter Pan, Robin Hood or the Lion King..all things I remember watching over and over when I was younger.

Which Disney film makes you cry the most?
Dumbo and to be honest, the end of Monsters Inc.

Which Disney film makes you the happiest?
Tangled and Beauty and the Beast

Who is your favorite Disney Princess?
Jasmine and Belle (couldn't just choose one!)

Who is your favorite Disney Prince?
Flynn Rider, if he can be considered a prince

Who is your favorite Disney animal sidekick?
Pascal

Who is your favorite Disney character?
Donald Duck

Who is your favorite villian?
Scar

What is your favorite Disney song?
Beauty and the Beast (I believe that's the name of the song at the end of the movie)

What is your favorite Disney villian song?
Be Prepared (Scar)

What is your favorite Disney Prince/Princess duet song?
A Whole New World

What is your favorite Disney love song?
I See the Light

I hope you'll fill out the survey too so I can get to know you all better! Thanks for reading! :)

THING 1!!!!!!!! :)

How are you? How was spring break? Get any Easter eggs? Did you do anything nice? I haven't spoken to you for ages!!! That is so cool you got some Europe related gifts! Have you got much spending money saved up? Because there will be a lot you'll want to buy. Soooo tempting!!!

Here are my answers to your cute questionnaire:

Beauty and the Beast, Tangled, Cinderella

If Mulan doesn't count, then Mulan. Pocahontas too! If not, then I do like Hercules and the Muppets! And Oliver and Company. :)

Haha, nice choices! Mine would perhaps be Tangled or the Lion King. I almost cried just listening to Cinderella sing A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes though, haha!

Tangled, Beauty and the Beast and Cinderella (we are pretty similar aren't we?!)

Belle, Cinderella, Mulan if she counts, and Rapunzel. Ikr, I'm not very selective, I had to name all 4!

Flynn Rider too! Moi aussi! :)

Pascal, Maximus or Mushu I think

Belle, Cinderella, Flynn Rider, ugh, the list is endless!

Hey, Flynn Rider counts as a villain, right?! ;)

Beauty and the Beast, I See the Light, When Will My Life Begin (and Reprises), Reflection, Lesson Number 1, A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes, So This is Love, When You Wish Upon a Star and Main Street Medley and the Wishes Soundtrack if that counts! Haha I know I have a lot of favourites!

Probably Mother Knows Best. Unless a song by Flynn Rider counts, and then it'd be I See the Light, haha!

I See the Light, A Whole New World, Something There (I think that's what it's called in the Beauty and the Beast?), So This is Love... :)

I See the Light, So This Is Love, A Whole New World (if that counts)... ;)

See you soon (well... talk soon haha!) Thing 1! Hope school is going well! My exams are coming up which is a little scary in a way... Haha! But after that, I get to leave school and start at sixth form- YAY!!! :)

Meg~ Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Oh and I forgot,

When in England, VISIT HARRODS!!! IT IS AMAZING! YOU WILL LOVE IT! AND IT HAS A DISNEY SECTION! AND A DISNEY CAFE! (Which is kinda lame but oh well, it's Disney!!!)

Seriously, Harrods is fantastic. It is a really fancy department store that I absolutely adore! I just LOVE IT! Also, there is a huge gift shop and Thing 3 will love the merchandise associated with Kate Middleton! :)

Did I mention its amazing?! ;)

THING 1!!!!!!!! :)

How are you? How was spring break? Get any Easter eggs? Did you do anything nice? I haven't spoken to you for ages!!! That is so cool you got some Europe related gifts! Have you got much spending money saved up? Because there will be a lot you'll want to buy. Soooo tempting!!!

Here are my answers to your cute questionnaire:

Beauty and the Beast, Tangled, Cinderella

If Mulan doesn't count, then Mulan. Pocahontas too! If not, then I do like Hercules and the Muppets! And Oliver and Company. :)

Haha, nice choices! Mine would perhaps be Tangled or the Lion King. I almost cried just listening to Cinderella sing A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes though, haha!

Tangled, Beauty and the Beast and Cinderella (we are pretty similar aren't we?!)

Belle, Cinderella, Mulan if she counts, and Rapunzel. Ikr, I'm not very selective, I had to name all 4!

Flynn Rider too! Moi aussi! :)

Pascal, Maximus or Mushu I think

Belle, Cinderella, Flynn Rider, ugh, the list is endless!

Hey, Flynn Rider counts as a villain, right?! ;)

Beauty and the Beast, I See the Light, When Will My Life Begin (and Reprises), Reflection, Lesson Number 1, A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes, So This is Love, When You Wish Upon a Star and Main Street Medley and the Wishes Soundtrack if that counts! Haha I know I have a lot of favourites!

Probably Mother Knows Best. Unless a song by Flynn Rider counts, and then it'd be I See the Light, haha!

I See the Light, A Whole New World, Something There (I think that's what it's called in the Beauty and the Beast?), So This is Love... :)

I See the Light, So This Is Love, A Whole New World (if that counts)... ;)

See you soon (well... talk soon haha!) Thing 1! Hope school is going well! My exams are coming up which is a little scary in a way... Haha! But after that, I get to leave school and start at sixth form- YAY!!! :)

MEGGIE!!!!! :cool1:

I'm doing well! How are you doing? Our spring break was good, we stayed at home which was nice to have time to relax. We went to Chicago for a day and went to the Museum of Broadcast Communications so that was exciting! How are you? How was your spring break?

For Easter, Thing2 and I (and the other kids at our church) made breakfast for everyone else at church and my best friend and her family came over for lunch and an Easter egg hunt! Did you do anything fun? My mom's cousin's wedding is next weekend and I'm very excited for that! :)

We match up on a lot of our answers! No wonder we're friends!! :)

Good luck on your exams! I know you'll do great on them! And yay for going to sixth form!!

Oh and I forgot,

When in England, VISIT HARRODS!!! IT IS AMAZING! YOU WILL LOVE IT! AND IT HAS A DISNEY SECTION! AND A DISNEY CAFE! (Which is kinda lame but oh well, it's Disney!!!)

Seriously, Harrods is fantastic. It is a really fancy department store that I absolutely adore! I just LOVE IT! Also, there is a huge gift shop and Thing 3 will love the merchandise associated with Kate Middleton! :)

Did I mention its amazing?! ;)

I will definitely do that!! I've heard about it before so I'll have to make sure to add that to the to do list!

This might sound stupid but since you're sixteen now, can you get a driver's license? Just wondering about different age regulations and such!

After a long hiatus, I'm back!

In just 17 days we fly to Europe and I'm soooo excited! Just a short post today since I need to study for my finals this week and then I'm on summer vacation!

My To-Do List:
-Shop for more summer clothes
-Pack suitcase
-Pack carry-on (decide how much entertainment I'll actually need for the flight or if I'll be sleeping?)
-Make info cards for Thing3 (unlike Thing2, Kay and I, Thing3 hasn't learned about a lot of the things we'll be seeing in school yet. I told her I'd make her some index cards with fun facts and history about the places we visit so when we are there she'll know more about what's going on)
-Order books from my summer reading list to take along

There are probably way more things to do but that's just off the top of my head. These next 17 days will fly by, which makes me both excited and nervous! Like I said, I have finals this week and a graduation party this weekend. Next week the girls and I, along with my best friend and her foreign exchange student, are going to my grandma's and Six Flags and then when we get back from that mini trip it will be 6 days until we leave!

If anyone has more tips or tricks for me for anything, whether it be Disneyland Paris or traveling in general, I'd appreciate it!

Thanks for reading!

Hello Thing1! I am so very excited for you! You are going to have such a wonderful time!

When I was in college I went to Paris for two weeks. My sister actually just returned from Europe a few weeks ago and got to spend a little time in Paris.

She and I will be going together next year to DLP and Italy :) We are very excited.

You MUST try the French macarons from LaDuree! I missed it on my first trip but my sister is still raving about them and I cannot wait to try them next year :)

Looking forward to hearing more about your adventures!

I still feel like a 10 year old Disney girl at heart, so here is my questionairre:

Beauty and the Beast, Tangled, and Little Mermaid

Tarzan, Wall-E, Up, Finding Nemo, The Lion King

Up

Tangled

Belle and Rapunzel

Flynn Rider and Prince Eric

Pascal

Belle, Rapunzel, and Flynn Rider

Malificent

Reflection, Part of your World, and I See the Light- Zachary Levi sang part of this song to me and I just about died :rotfl:

Scar- Be Prepared

I See the Light

I See the Light

Hello Thing1! I am so very excited for you! You are going to have such a wonderful time!

When I was in college I went to Paris for two weeks. My sister actually just returned from Europe a few weeks ago and got to spend a little time in Paris.

She and I will be going together next year to DLP and Italy :) We are very excited.

You MUST try the French macarons from LaDuree! I missed it on my first trip but my sister is still raving about them and I cannot wait to try them next year :)

Looking forward to hearing more about your adventures!

Thank you! We're all looking forward to it!

I hope you do a trip report on your adventure next year; I'd love to read all about it!

I will put that on our list! Thing3 loves macarons so she'll be excited to hear about some good ones!

Thank you for reading along!

I still feel like a 10 year old Disney girl at heart, so here is my questionairre:

Beauty and the Beast, Tangled, and Little Mermaid

Tarzan, Wall-E, Up, Finding Nemo, The Lion King

Up

Tangled

Belle and Rapunzel

Flynn Rider and Prince Eric

Pascal

Belle, Rapunzel, and Flynn Rider

Malificent

Reflection, Part of your World, and I See the Light- Zachary Levi sang part of this song to me and I just about died :rotfl:

Scar- Be Prepared

I See the Light

I See the Light

I love love love your answers! We agree on a lot of things too!

15 days until Europe! I can hardly stand it!

Today I had my Spanish final at school so I'm done with that for the year! I've already had my history final so that's taken care of. Tomorrow is rough because I have my chemistry, math and English final all on the same day! Thursday I have my gym final :-)rotfl2:) and my technical theater final. THEN, I'm done! These last few weeks have been so stressful with the musical, my AP history test and my dance showcase I'll be glad for some peace!

In Disney related news, we were planning on going to Disneyland Paris on Tuesday the 18th. During this time, Aunt C and Uncle R were going to go to Normandy. My dad (and me a little bit) want to go to Normandy too, which doesn't really work. So, the new plan (depending on what my parents decide) is Normandy the 18th and Disneyland Paris Thursday the 20th.

My parents wanted me to ask you folks for some dining recommendations (not at Disneyland Paris but in Paris or London). We're all adventurous eaters and would love some local recommendations!

Thanks for reading!

You must be getting so excited! I was just thinking about you the other day, trying to remember when your trip was, and wondering how you'd got on. (for some reason I thought it was in may!!)

Funny we have exams at the same time! Hope yours went well, that is funny you have to do an exam in PE. I would hate that! Haha!

Normandy is wonderful, so I hope you like it. We have spent a few holidays up in Brittany and Normandy. As for restaurants, I'm not too knowledgeable, but I would recommend the Hard Rock Cafe on Park Lane (or is it Mayfair?!). Either one, they are two of the most affluent areas of London, and the Hard Rock Cafe makes me feel like I'm back in Disney every time we go there.

There is a chain restaurant called Strada (Italian) which is really reasonably priced, and the view is phenomenal. If you sit upstairs, you have the most amazing view of the Tower Bridge- one of London's most famous landmarks. There are quite a few in London as it is a chain restaurant, but this one is close to Tower Bridge and the river Thames. (The Tower of London is also very close and well worth a visit!)

There are loads of chain restaurants, like Pizza Express, Prezzo, Cafe Rouge, Strada, Bella Italia and Ask Italian which serve nice food. It would probably be better to go to privately owned restaurants though.

If you like Chinese food, visiting Chinatown is a must. There are loads of amazing, authentic Chinese restaurants and little grocery shops- it is very cute. We've eaten in two- one a la carte and one buffet and both were wonderful.

Harrods has various wonderful restaurants, including a Disney Cafe (although it isn't great). They have one cafe entirely dedicated to chocolate. Yum.

Covent Garden and up around the West End have some wonderful restaurants, many unique and well worth a visit. You should try out a show- the website lastminute.com has loads of discounted theatre tickets, many including a pre-show dinner at a nearby restaurant.

Coventry Garden is worth a visit for the lovely restaurants and the entertainment- mimes and the like! Plus there is a wonderful market too.

Sorry I'm not able to be too specific! Where are you planning to visit in London? It's so big that you'd probably be better looking up reviews and menus for restaurants in a particular part of London.

Good luck with your exams and have a fabulous trip! I'm guessing you're having nice warm weather at the moment? Apparently our summer hasn't started yet, lol. ;) :)

15 days until Europe! I can hardly stand it!

Today I had my Spanish final at school so I'm done with that for the year! I've already had my history final so that's taken care of. Tomorrow is rough because I have my chemistry, math and English final all on the same day! Thursday I have my gym final :-)rotfl2:) and my technical theater final. THEN, I'm done! These last few weeks have been so stressful with the musical, my AP history test and my dance showcase I'll be glad for some peace!

In Disney related news, we were planning on going to Disneyland Paris on Tuesday the 18th. During this time, Aunt C and Uncle R were going to go to Normandy. My dad (and me a little bit) want to go to Normandy too, which doesn't really work. So, the new plan (depending on what my parents decide) is Normandy the 18th and Disneyland Paris Thursday the 20th.

My parents wanted me to ask you folks for some dining recommendations (not at Disneyland Paris but in Paris or London). We're all adventurous eaters and would love some local recommendations!

Thanks for reading!

Good luck! You are almost done! YAY!

You must be getting so excited! I was just thinking about you the other day, trying to remember when your trip was, and wondering how you'd got on. (for some reason I thought it was in may!!)

Funny we have exams at the same time! Hope yours went well, that is funny you have to do an exam in PE. I would hate that! Haha!

Normandy is wonderful, so I hope you like it. We have spent a few holidays up in Brittany and Normandy. As for restaurants, I'm not too knowledgeable, but I would recommend the Hard Rock Cafe on Park Lane (or is it Mayfair?!). Either one, they are two of the most affluent areas of London, and the Hard Rock Cafe makes me feel like I'm back in Disney every time we go there.

There is a chain restaurant called Strada (Italian) which is really reasonably priced, and the view is phenomenal. If you sit upstairs, you have the most amazing view of the Tower Bridge- one of London's most famous landmarks. There are quite a few in London as it is a chain restaurant, but this one is close to Tower Bridge and the river Thames. (The Tower of London is also very close and well worth a visit!)

There are loads of chain restaurants, like Pizza Express, Prezzo, Cafe Rouge, Strada, Bella Italia and Ask Italian which serve nice food. It would probably be better to go to privately owned restaurants though.

If you like Chinese food, visiting Chinatown is a must. There are loads of amazing, authentic Chinese restaurants and little grocery shops- it is very cute. We've eaten in two- one a la carte and one buffet and both were wonderful.

Harrods has various wonderful restaurants, including a Disney Cafe (although it isn't great). They have one cafe entirely dedicated to chocolate. Yum.

Covent Garden and up around the West End have some wonderful restaurants, many unique and well worth a visit. You should try out a show- the website lastminute.com has loads of discounted theatre tickets, many including a pre-show dinner at a nearby restaurant.

Coventry Garden is worth a visit for the lovely restaurants and the entertainment- mimes and the like! Plus there is a wonderful market too.

Sorry I'm not able to be too specific! Where are you planning to visit in London? It's so big that you'd probably be better looking up reviews and menus for restaurants in a particular part of London.

Good luck with your exams and have a fabulous trip! I'm guessing you're having nice warm weather at the moment? Apparently our summer hasn't started yet, lol. ;) :)

Thank you for all your recommendations! I showed my parents and my aunt and uncle and they were grateful for the suggestions!

Yeah, our weather is warm, about 80 degrees. Hahaha, what's the weather been like for you?

Good luck! You are almost done! YAY!

Thank you! I'm excited!

TOMORROW IS THE DAY!! :cool1: (can you tell I'm excited?)

In about 4-5 hours Aunt C, Uncle R and Kay will be here! We're going to have dinner and probably go over some last minute details and if I know anything about my sisters and my cousin, the girls and I will probably take a bike ride or walk to the park.

Tomorrow we'll pack our toiletries and other last items. At 1 PM a shuttle van type of thing (that's how my mom described it) is picking us up and taking us to the airport! I can't wait!

Things I still have to do are:
-Pack my carry-on
-Buy Thing2 a birthday present (new sunglasses)
-Finish cleaning my room (We're having a friend stay at our house to water plants, stay with the cat, etc. and I don't know where he'll sleep)

Thank you all so much for the helpful tips and for keeping me company!

Have a great time! I'm sure you are gleefully looking forward to tomorrow with Thing2, Thing3 and Kay! I will think of you having fun, whilst I am at school doing exams, hahahahaha! ;)

Overnight flights are horrible (well... Unless you have a bed ;) )... We flew back to London from Orlando overnight and were totally exhausted the next day! I suppose it might be hard to adjust to our time-zone too!

Take lots of pictures, and hope you do a TR! I loved reading your last one.

Have a FANTASTIC time, and I will be thinking of you!

A very happy early birthday to Thing2 as well! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter