Pixie Dust and Presents, Christmas Decor, Oh My! What a lucky gal am I! Update P. 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! Mom & Nana are willing to give up ADR's! I am shocked and impressed. It's amazing what people will do for their grandchildren/great grandchildren. Hehehe.

Wait. Who?

Mom
- That's my Mom!

Imagine that.

Nana - That's my mom's mom! You follow? ;)

You lost me at "Nana".

HRH is his royal highness.

How perfectly appropriate. The little prince.

You'll all shortly see where my son gets his loquaciousness from.;)

He IS loquacious for an almost-4-year-old. I, personally, love it.

Even though DH tried to watch Ben 10 Alien Force.

We have the Naruto movie on the DVR right now. I feel your pain.

and we eat.

Really, really, really LONG, lesiurely meals.

::ahem::
Like, oh, I dunno, THREE HOUR meals?

Just sayin'.

;)

I was struck by the fear of leaving DH.

Awww. :love:

And the, "I go to Disney World in December, Mama."

And there's the ballgame, folks.

My perspective.

I feel very Matrix, right now.

"There is no spoon."

It is, after all, only ourselves that bend.;)

You're just so darn inspiring sometimes. :goodvibes

Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?

You know, I've actually heard this before! And it's not where you would think. My son says this every day when I bring him to preschool, starting about a 1/2 mile away. He loves school. :thumbsup2

Being the last people out of Epcot. That sounds pretty cool! And what a great waiter to let you take a break from the meal and go out to watch Illuminations. That would be awesome!

He was amazing. That's a flashback tale for another time. Suffice it to say our relationship with him spanned several years, numerous e-mails, meeting his beautiful wife who worked Concierge at the Grand Flo, and sadly, wishing them well as they eventually moved on to something else.

And your mom and Nana ROCK!! Willing to do counter service if that's what it takes. True love. :goodvibes

I don't know if I can explain the import of that statement. That they were willing to give up the so coveted fine dining was a real clincher for me. It showed flexibility I wasn't aware existed.

I am SO excited for your trip! :cool1:

Me, too!!! :yay:

Wow! Mom & Nana are willing to give up ADR's! I am shocked and impressed. It's amazing what people will do for their grandchildren/great grandchildren. Hehehe.

It's true. No greater love than family, eh? :goodvibes

Wait. Who?

Sheesh. Think you know a girl...;)

Imagine that.

You lost me at "Nana".

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

How perfectly appropriate. The little prince.

That's what my mom calls him, also!

He IS loquacious for an almost-4-year-old. I, personally, love it.

Thank you! :goodvibes

Like, oh, I dunno, THREE HOUR meals?

Just sayin'.

;)

Alright, I stand corrected. However, that was the only time we did that during our trip, and the company was outstanding. Not that Mom and Nana aren't. Just that its tough to imagine that kind of patience from your toddler every day. Perhaps I should employ the ole Tinkerbellarella trick of the handy dandy gift bag. ;) (Which by the way, he loves that Wall E toy.)

You're just so darn inspiring sometimes. :goodvibes

It's not intentional, I swear.:thumbsup2

Perhaps I should employ the ole Tinkerbellarella trick of the handy dandy gift bag. ;) (Which by the way, he loves that Wall E toy.)

Are you kidding? I love that Wall-E toy! The self-restraint required to not buy one for myself (and a MOE for BF) was ridonkulous.

But I'm glad he likes it.

I liked playing cars with him at the table. He brings out my inner 4 year old. :goodvibes

:cool1: :cool1: A new pre-trip report, Yeah!!

I'm terribly jealous your going this December! My Dec. 2009 trip is looking so far away in comparison. The good thing though is that I can get all kinds of good tips and info from you before hand!

And the Yacht Club?

Sigh. Even more jealous.

I liked playing cars with him at the table. He brings out my inner 4 year old. :goodvibes

Aww. I know DS loves his Aunt Tink! :goodvibes Seriously, any adult that will listen to him the way you did and play cars with him during dinner must be cool.

I must stop the love fest, I'm afraid we're going to sicken everyone. :lmao:

:cool1: :cool1: A new pre-trip report, Yeah!!

I'm terribly jealous your going this December! My Dec. 2009 trip is looking so far away in comparison. The good thing though is that I can get all kinds of good tips and info from you before hand!

And the Yacht Club?

Sigh. Even more jealous.

Oh, honey! Don't be jealous! Consider me your personal guinea pig. With lots of info about what to and not to do. :goodvibes

And I realized something about this trip, and about all my fears, rational, irrational or otherwise. They were just fears. Some may come true, some may not, but that's not what matters.

What matters, is how I handle the situations that come my way. So it wasn't so much that anything about this trip changed, but that I, myself, changed.

My perspective.

I feel very Matrix, right now.

"There is no spoon."

It is, after all, only ourselves that bend.;)

Wow, did I ever need to be reminded of this today!!!

Here's to trying to change what you can and giving up the rest!!!

You knew this was coming, right?

Well, maybe you didn't. Maybe this is the first time you've ever ready my slowly growing collected works. In that case, allow me to introduce you to my obession with perfection.

In the way of clothes and shoes that is.

Now, being that we've already been to the World this year, you would think we'd be all set, right?

Wrong.

Since we're going in December, truthfully, I'm just not sure what to expect for weather. I know it could be nice and we could be wearing shorts, or it could be cold like it is in January, and I would be grateful for layers, and a coat.

So here's the thing.

I don't really have non-work shoes. I mean, nice casual shoes. I have sneakers, and a wide array of flip flops, and then some work shoes. And let's face it. When I look down at my tootsies during the four glorious days I'm going to spend in the World in December, the LAST thing I want to think about is work.

'Nuff said.

So not only is time for new shoes, it's also time for a new wardrobe. Well, not entirely new, but who doesn't like some new things for their trip? I dare you, speak now! ;)

So I've been doing a slew of ordering. I mean, the credit card weeps, it really does. But I know something that...well maybe you do know. The sad reality of my binge shopping, is that I'll end up returning 50-75% of it. Because that's how I shop. I don't like the process of going to the store. It's rare that I do that, at least in regard to clothes. And perhaps it's because I spend so much time on our basic household needs like groceries and tolietries that really the last thing I want to do is spend time trying on and off clothes that may or may not fit in bad lighting with three way mirrors. :sad2:

I prefer to do that trying on process in the privacy of my home. Where there's no one to laugh at my winter fat but my family. But they don't, god bless 'em. DH has seen me at many different sizes and loves them all. I should say, he just loves me. Good man. :goodvibes

So here's the first of our royal conquests, because it really just wouldn't be a TK PTR without some pictures of my feet. :lmao:

DSCI0247.jpg

DSCI0248.jpg

Some of you may recognize these pretty babies from my previous shoe quandaries. Suffice it to say, I've been coveting these Tevas for some time, and Shoebuy finally had a 20% off code. And because of my customer loyalty (read I buy from them a lot) I got an additional 10% off of that. All told, I believe these cost me under $50. Actually, I just checked and they were $46.76. Which is great considering how cute they are! And the fact that they fit like a glove. And that they retail for $64.95. I am a woman who loves a deal, people. Now, Shoebuy only had the black color, and I was iffy on them on the internet, but they look just adorable in person. Really, really cute, like my footwear has personality. I think for you to understand how exciting these are to me, I'd have to show you the severity of my work shoes. BO-RING!

The artist in me likes the pretty flowers. :flower3:

Only problem is I'm not fond of the fit with socks. Which is sort of an issue, because I suffer from stinkyfeetitis. It's bad. I sweat through my feet. That's TMI, I realize, but a sad reality. It's from my dad's side. :lmao:

Anyway, I really do like these, and I'm not afraid to committ. I'm going to wear them around the house and see if they break in well, but I swear, they feel like slippers! And fairly good arch support. I'm surprised by it!

Now will they be good for the World? I have no idea. It depends on if it's shoes without socks weather. I guess only time will tell.

And normally, I'd end the post right there, but I have one more thing to add.

My boy is growing like a weed! And I've had a recent panic over some pants that he just cannot wear anymore. So I've ordered him a SLEW of pants in the past couple of days, some from Kohl's, some from Old Navy, and we're just going to see what fits. Because not only does he need them for the World, he needs them for preschool!

So there you go.

Let the shopping begin.

The returns will follow. :lmao:

It wouldn't be TK's PTR without shoe drama. I am not giving any opinions on those *cute* shoes. I am not going to say that I *like* them.. I am also not going to say that the black is *supercute*. Nope. Not going to do it because I don't want to jinx you. ;)

It wouldn't be TK's PTR without shoe drama. I am not giving any opinions on those *cute* shoes. I am not going to say that I *like* them.. I am also not going to say that the black is *supercute*. Nope. Not going to do it because I don't want to jinx you. ;)

Thank you for what you do not say. :lmao:

I don't want to jinx anyone but I like them! And LOVE that they were a deal!! :thumbsup2 Too bad I couldn't order up overnight delivery or I might be tempted. Maybe for December...

I don't want to jinx anyone but I like them! And LOVE that they were a deal!! :thumbsup2 Too bad I couldn't order up overnight delivery or I might be tempted. Maybe for December...

Am I remembering you're in NE? I have to tell you, there shipping to me has always been fantastic! Usually one-two days on most things. The longest I've waited has been for my son's Stride Rites, and I believe those come from a different warehouse, but still less than a week.

Now, if your wallet didn't want to hear that then shipping is just awful. ;)

We could call this PTR, "As the Shoe Returns". ;)

We're watching Star Wars right now, and all I can think of is "Revenge of the Shoe" instead of Revenge of the Sith! :lmao:

Have I ever told you all how much I love Ewoks? Every time I go that store in DHS I'm so tempted to get a little plush one, but we have SO many stuffed animals already.:lmao:

We're watching Star Wars right now, and all I can think of is "Revenge of the Shoe" instead of Revenge of the Sith! :lmao:

Have I ever told you all how much I love Ewoks? Every time I go that store in DHS I'm so tempted to get a little plush one, but we have SO many stuffed animals already.:lmao:
Marc is flicking between Star Wars and Dawn of the Dead. :rolleyes:
Ewoks are quite cute. I had an Ewok when I was little.

Am I remembering you're in NE? I have to tell you, there shipping to me has always been fantastic! Usually one-two days on most things. The longest I've waited has been for my son's Stride Rites, and I believe those come from a different warehouse, but still less than a week.

Now, if your wallet didn't want to hear that then shipping is just awful. ;)

You are right. Good memory! I'm in Connecticut. But my flight is 7am Thursday. Not sure even the shoe super heroes can get here in time. But there is always December!! :goodvibes

You are right. Good memory! I'm in Connecticut. But my flight is 7am Thursday. Not sure even the shoe super heroes can get here in time. But there is always December!! :goodvibes

Oh, shoot. Didn't even look at the ticker! :lmao:

Wow, you must be so excited! :goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter