Pirates 'N Pals review

Is there a bad side to the boat? I am thinking of doing this but have 3 small child in tow even though the fireworks are skyward would they be able to see them if we got stuck on a bad side of the boat? Does the boat have a top or is it a pontoon type (open top) boat

Not really. I can only speak for our boat, but I was on the right side facing the bow, which was on the opposite side of the fireworks, and I could see perfectly fine! I didn't hear a single kid say, "I can't see!" You are assigned seats, so I don't know if you can make a request for a certain side of the boat, or if it really matters because the boats don't "anchor" in the same location. Oh - and the boats do have a top, which is really great in case of rain.

I did this a couple years ago with my sis and her kiddos. It was great as we were there end of Oct so MK had MNSSHH parties where MK was closed some of the nights. We did the cruise one of the party nights and we were able to enjoy the special fireworks and they were actually earlier (I think 9:30 instead of 10 on non party nights). Earlier is always better in my opinion.

Oh - I think I called to make ressies right at the 90 day mark. One of my nephews was dressed as Peter Pan and was picked to carry the flag (lead us all to our boat). I kind of wonder if he was picked b/c I made the reservation so early....not sure how they do that.

Not really. I can only speak for our boat, but I was on the right side facing the bow, which was on the opposite side of the fireworks, and I could see perfectly fine! I didn't hear a single kid say, "I can't see!" You are assigned seats, so I don't know if you can make a request for a certain side of the boat, or if it really matters because the boats don't "anchor" in the same location. Oh - and the boats do have a top, which is really great in case of rain.
I can echo this exactly for our cruise.

Thanks so much for posting this as we have reservations for our early spring trip with our 7 year old. Now we're very much looking forward to it!

I've thought about doing this from time to time, but haven't done so. I'd love to be able to see the fireworks from the lagoon, but it seems more geared towards kids. As a solo adult, I thought I'd probably be out of place and I wouldn't want to take a slot away from a child. Would I be out of place or is it something I might enjoy. It does sound like fun. :)

Thanks so much for posting this as we have reservations for our early spring trip with our 7 year old. Now we're very much looking forward to it!

Just make sure not to have a big dinner before you go so you have room for the treats! I think I said that in my review, but it bears repeating.

I've thought about doing this from time to time, but haven't done so. I'd love to be able to see the fireworks from the lagoon, but it seems more geared towards kids. As a solo adult, I thought I'd probably be out of place and I wouldn't want to take a slot away from a child. Would I be out of place or is it something I might enjoy. It does sound like fun. :)

It's hard for me to say, but I think it might be a little awkward during the party time. Groups mostly stayed in their groups to get food and take pics. On the boat, it would probably be a different story. However, some people are very outgoing and can find a friend anywhere! I'm not really one of those people, so for *me*, I would try to go with a friend. Plenty of adults go without kids.

Just make sure not to have a big dinner before you go so you have room for the treats! I think I said that in my review, but it bears repeating.

Ha! You nailed it, MommaBerd! I have a Crystal Palace lunch ADR and a snack in our Villa about 5 planned. This is the last of our kids' special trips and, as I've said before, no vegetables need be ingested without the permission of the ingestor. In other words, we have Mickey bars for breakfast !

It's hard for me to say, but I think it might be a little awkward during the party time. Groups mostly stayed in their groups to get food and take pics. On the boat, it would probably be a different story. However, some people are very outgoing and can find a friend anywhere! I'm not really one of those people, so for *me*, I would try to go with a friend. Plenty of adults go without kids.

That's kind of what I thought. Thanks for the input. :)

The night we went, our boat was not full. I went during "jersey week", so not a low crowd time. I would not worry about taking a spot. If you want to go for it, do it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter