Pirates 'N Pals review

MommaBerd

DIS Veteran
We attended Pirates 'N Pals on Wednesday, Nov. 16. It was fantastic and money well spent on an extra! My boys - 8, 10, and 12 (turns 13 this week), MIL, DH and I all went. My boys are not particularly interested in M&Gs, but I had heard such good things about it, I thought we'd give it a try. I don't believe much has changed with the event over time. But, I thought I'd do a review for anyone looking for something more "current."

We arrived right at check-in time and were greeted and given our bandannas and boat assignment. There are two boats for this event, Smee and Hook, and they are captained by Patch and Patch! We were assigned to the Smee boat, captained by the taller Patch.

When we were let into the party room, it was like a kids dream! We were greeted by Hook and Smee as well as treats galore! There were Mickey ice cream sandwiches (no Mickey bars), and some frozen fruit bars, chocolate and vanilla cakes (yummy!), small bags of Smart Pop white cheddar, chocolate gold doubloons, bags of cotton candy, pretzels, bananas, and bags of apple slices. Drinks included raspberry lemonade, lemonade, water, tea, and coffee. (To the best of my recollection) As the party started winding down (a good hour), we were encouraged to take with us as many goodies as we could. (And we did!)

Meet and greet with Hook & Smee was also wonderful. The characters spent a lot of time with each family and had great interactions. As I said, we don't do a lot of M&Gs, but this was definitely one of the best. There was plenty of time for everyone to get a turn. Then it was time to "shove off"!

Our Patch was energetic and funny! I felt like he *really* enjoys what he is doing - entertaining and creating fun memories for us families. There was never a dull moment!

Wishes from the boat was absolutely magical! If you've watched it from the TTC or from the beach at the Poly, it may not be AS special. I have viewed it from the top of the CR, Tomorrowland Terrace, and the park. Seeing it from the lagoon - straight in front of the castle - was beautiful. I really got an appreciation for how well-timed the fireworks are with the music, how well-defined the shapes are, and overall how much the fireworks illustrate the "story". I just loved it! And, my family loved it as well.

On the way back we played games for "pirate booty." Once we docked, we were greeted by Peter Pan and had a wonderful M&G with him as well.

I debated several times whether I should cancel this event, even right up to the day before. We attended the first dessert party for JBJB, and it was a complete bust for my boys. However, after discussing with my DH, we decided to stick with it. I am so glad we did. Even my DS12, who really has no love for Disney, had a great time. He enjoyed the treats, jokes and hijinx from Patch, and everyone said they would enjoy doing it again in the future! DH thought it was had significantly more value than the JBJB dessert party - that the two events didn't even compare.

I hope this proves helpful to some, and I am happy to answer any questions!

We attended Pirates 'N Pals on Wednesday, Nov. 16. It was fantastic and money well spent on an extra! My boys - 8, 10, and 12 (turns 13 this week), MIL, DH and I all went. My boys are not particularly interested in M&Gs, but I had heard such good things about it, I thought we'd give it a try. I don't believe much has changed with the event over time. But, I thought I'd do a review for anyone looking for something more "current."

We arrived right at check-in time and were greeted and given our bandannas and boat assignment. There are two boats for this event, Smee and Hook, and they are captained by Patch and Patch! We were assigned to the Smee boat, captained by the taller Patch.

When we were let into the party room, it was like a kids dream! We were greeted by Hook and Smee as well as treats galore! There were Mickey ice cream sandwiches (no Mickey bars), and some frozen fruit bars, chocolate and vanilla cakes (yummy!), small bags of Smart Pop white cheddar, chocolate gold doubloons, bags of cotton candy, pretzels, bananas, and bags of apple slices. Drinks included raspberry lemonade, lemonade, water, tea, and coffee. (To the best of my recollection) As the party started winding down (a good hour), we were encouraged to take with us as many goodies as we could. (And we did!)

Meet and greet with Hook & Smee was also wonderful. The characters spent a lot of time with each family and had great interactions. As I said, we don't do a lot of M&Gs, but this was definitely one of the best. There was plenty of time for everyone to get a turn. Then it was time to "shove off"!

Our Patch was energetic and funny! I felt like he *really* enjoys what he is doing - entertaining and creating fun memories for us families. There was never a dull moment!

Wishes from the boat was absolutely magical! If you've watched it from the TTC or from the beach at the Poly, it may not be AS special. I have viewed it from the top of the CR, Tomorrowland Terrace, and the park. Seeing it from the lagoon - straight in front of the castle - was beautiful. I really got an appreciation for how well-timed the fireworks are with the music, how well-defined the shapes are, and overall how much the fireworks illustrate the "story". I just loved it! And, my family loved it as well.

On the way back we played games for "pirate booty." Once we docked, we were greeted by Peter Pan and had a wonderful M&G with him as well.

I debated several times whether I should cancel this event, even right up to the day before. We attended the first dessert party for JBJB, and it was a complete bust for my boys. However, after discussing with my DH, we decided to stick with it. I am so glad we did. Even my DS12, who really has no love for Disney, had a great time. He enjoyed the treats, jokes and hijinx from Patch, and everyone said they would enjoy doing it again in the future! DH thought it was had significantly more value than the JBJB dessert party - that the two events didn't even compare.

It's our #1 "must-do" at WDW !! We go every trip--- the kids love it !! ( we do find that the experience is different depending on your "captain/patch" that night) -- as with everything else , some of the CMs are better than others --
We love the "Patch" that is also one of the royal historians at the Frozen Sing a Long" ( I believe Yullin had a picture of him) --- he is hilarious, and really knows how to get the adults involved as well !!

Glad you enjoyed !! We are going back 11/29 !!

Thanks so much for this review! We have a reservation in Dec. after this review I'm really excited!

I'm glad to hear that you had a great time!

We did this cruise back when it was a grand gathering and had a different name but the idea is pretty much the same. We are doing the PNP cruise on our trip in February and we were hoping that it was still going to be the same wonderful experience.

We did this on Nov 12th and had a grand time! We got there very early and after we checked in, the CM sent us on a scavenger hunt throughout the contemporary. When we finished we got a prize. . I think they were just plastic tokens, butt still cute. By the time we finished, they were ready to let us into the party room My daughter got chosen carry the flag and lead our party out of the the boat. I wasn't expecting all of the songs and games but it was entertaining. We got to see the Water Pageant, up-close.

I LOVED watching the fireworks from the boat. It was so much better than standing on Main street. It was the first time in my 4 recent trips I had seen Wishes straight-on.

We didn't interact that much with Captain Hook and Smee. Peter Pan is a riot!!!

I would do this cruise again in a heartbeat.

So glad to hear this. We're hoping to do one "splurge" on our next trip and this was one of the things we were considering (the other option is go back to HDDR)

We did this cruise on our trip in April. It was one of our favorite things we did, if not at the top of the list. Our Patch was very entertaining.

My son dressed in a Peter Pan costume. Patch made a big deal about it during the whole cruise. It really made my son's night. We did the cruise on the night we arrived. It was a fantastic way to start our trip, and I absolutely wouldn't hesitate to pay for it again.

Thanks for the great review! We did it over a year ago and loved it! We were allowed to bring treats on board too!

Our view of the fireworks was lousy. But everything else was so much fun!

Is there a bad side to the boat? I am thinking of doing this but have 3 small child in tow even though the fireworks are skyward would they be able to see them if we got stuck on a bad side of the boat? Does the boat have a top or is it a pontoon type (open top) boat

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter