• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pirate Night-do adults dress up?

There's been a pirate night on every cruise I've done, including the Mediterranean, Alaska and the Baltic (which really should have been Viking night), and one is planned for Hawaii, so they will very likely also do one for the Canada cruise.

Funny story.....
On one of our cruises, we were in the elevator, and my father, in FULL Jack Sparrow regalia stepped out of the elevator and another family stepped in. The husband turned to his wife and said "Geez, some of these people are really intense". We broke out laughing! The way the guy said it, so funny!!! Summed up some of us Dis'ers perfectly!!!

Yes people dress up.pirate: There will be 4 of us on the 25 feb Magic Easternlooking forward to it. ..............:

I am on this cruise too ! probably wont be dressing up other than the bandanna they give us, but looking forward to seeing people dressed up and my kids reactions to them !

I did not dress up but regret not doing a little something although I did wear the bandana that they give you. My mom just wore a pirate hat and the bandana. My dad just wore a disney pirate tshirt. I would probably do something like this next time. This is my sister. She got a mask with a feather I think it is cute.
candice.jpg

We just got off the Dream, it was our first DCL experience- we were on a 3 day 2/9-2/12. On Pirates night the whole family had great costumes to wear- however our oldest daughter had a seizure that afternoon so she and I stayed in the cabin because she felt horrible- my husband and our DD (5) and DS (3) went up top for the Pirate Party and when he got back, he was not happy with me!!! He said only about half the children and only one other adult was really dressed up. Sure, some folks had on a bandanna or wore a POTC tee, but he was in a full Jack Sparrow costume and he said he felt kinda silly.
I think from what I have read, the longer the cruise the more people dress up- at least I hope that is the case because we are booked for a 7 righter in Jan 2013- and the costumes are coming along.

If you enjoy dressing up, then by all means go for it. We were surprised by how many adults dressed up for Pirate's night. We were there over Halloween and were the only people at our table dressed up for that night, but then for the Pirate's night our whole table had some sort of decoration/clothing item. Some were more elaborate than others. My wife and I had previously done the whole Pirate's League at MK (gift from my parents because I love the Pirates of the Caribbean series) so we had a lot of props from that. Ended up having a lot of fun, and made for great pictures with the Disney characters that night.

I am really looking forward to this now! I started looking into costumes. Thanks the pics that were posted! For our Halloween in MK (the last time they had the party on the actual night of Halloween I think) we were dressed like Snow White's crew. I was...you guessed it...the Evil Queen, my daughter as SW and my husband as the prince. Then my sis and her family did Cinderella, Prince Charming and the Fairy Godmother. We had a blast!

We specifically did Family of Pirates last Halloween so we are good to go for our June cruise! We will all be totally dressed up. I am worried about sweating to death though... we might just dress for dinner and I might make pirate t-shirts and we can wear those and bandanas in the evening!

If you really want to get into the fun and theme of Pirate Night I would get dressed up. Some guests really go to town with great costumes, to the point where you might think they are part of the crew. Others simply go with the pirate bandana, but then wish they made more effort. At the end of the day you can get something fun for around $20, so why not?

Watch out for this guy :scared1::scared1:

IMG_2650.jpg

Are people likely to dress like this? Because seriously, this will terrify my little boy and make him cry. I will keep him in the room on pirate night if there is ANY likelihood of seeing someone dressed up like this.

I cant wait to see my kids reactions to this night ! they are only 1 and a half and 3 and a half so they should have some interesting reactions to it

I dressed up on my cruise, and the characters loved it! I got some great interactions from them

IVE DRESSED UP LIKE THIS FOR THE LAST 8 CRUISES. WE HAVE DONE THE LAST 5 MEMBER CRUISES, MORE DRESS UP ON THEM. ON THE REGULAR DISNEY CRUISES I STILL DRESS UP BUT ONLY A FEW DRESS UP. BUT I HAVE A RIOT ON THE REGULAR CRUISES WHEN THERE ARENT AS MANY DRESSED UP. IVE HAD MY PHOTO TAKEN BY SOME PASSENGERS AND OTHERS ENJOY WATCHING THE ONES DRESSED UP. CAST MEMBERS ENJOY REACTING TO YOUR COSTUME. WE USUALLY HAVE LATE DINNING SO I DRESS UP TO GO WATCH EARLY SHOW THEN WANDER DOWN AND DINE IN COSTUME THEN GO TO TOP DECK FOR PIRATE PARTY.:cool1: [/

I do costuming as a hobby, and if I had gone with a group of my friends, I would have done a more elaborate costume. Since I was going with just my parents, I wasn't sure how they feel during the pirate party. To my shock, my mother (on her own, no less) got super excited and we ran around trying to find pirate themed attire in January. It was not easy. There were plenty of adults in costume, and many more wearing accessories and shirts. I say, don't hold back!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter