Piper's Practically Perfect PTR..Wish Trip! 3/2-8...Upd Pg 126- TR Link!! Hooray!

What an amazing story! You had me misty eyed more than once. I'm so excited about Piper's MAW trip! I can't wait to see how it all turns out!

:welcome: Thank you for coming over! And no worries, I've made myself misty eyed too, lol. Piper and I are both very excited about her trip, although our hair stylist almost gave it away today !:scared: I've spoken with most people about the surprise aspect, so when Piper was talking to her, I didn't think too much about it until I heard Becky say "2011..that's an awfully long time, I thought they always got done quicker than that!" I was all.."no, no..they needed the extra time to plan" LOL. Becky's daughter has had a wish granted, so she knew the usual time frame, I'll have to call her next week and explain..lol.

I do love your interview. Did you happen to get it on video? I should do something like that with Matty.

Pamela:santa:
Matty's Wish Trip http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2325607

Hi Pamela! We don't have a video camera, so I couldn't record it. Once we get to GKTW I'm going to borrow one from them if there's one available so we can get some footage there. We had fun with the interview, though I felt a bit like a court reporter all typing while she answered questions...:rotfl:

Update: After checking Piper's O2 yesterday am, we had to put her back on..her sat was running 94, which is okay, but her pulse was going 125 trying to keep it there. It's been the same today, which makes me think the other day was probably just a fluke. :sad1: It's okay though, because things could always be a lot worse! She started homebound tonight, her teacher is actually the guidance counselor from her school, who Piper loves! She was very excited, and I was as well, now we'll just have regular "homework" type work to do in between as they'll meet M, T, and F for 2 hrs at a time. :goodvibes I can stop being the medicine and schoolwork nag, and go back to being just the medicine nag..:lmao:

:welcome: Thank you for coming over! And no worries, I've made myself misty eyed too, lol. Piper and I are both very excited about her trip, although our hair stylist almost gave it away today !:scared: I've spoken with most people about the surprise aspect, so when Piper was talking to her, I didn't think too much about it until I heard Becky say "2011..that's an awfully long time, I thought they always got done quicker than that!" I was all.."no, no..they needed the extra time to plan" LOL. Becky's daughter has had a wish granted, so she knew the usual time frame, I'll have to call her next week and explain..lol.

Hi Pamela! We don't have a video camera, so I couldn't record it. Once we get to GKTW I'm going to borrow one from them if there's one available so we can get some footage there. We had fun with the interview, though I felt a bit like a court reporter all typing while she answered questions...:rotfl:

Update: After checking Piper's O2 yesterday am, we had to put her back on..her sat was running 94, which is okay, but her pulse was going 125 trying to keep it there. It's been the same today, which makes me think the other day was probably just a fluke. :sad1: It's okay though, because things could always be a lot worse! She started homebound tonight, her teacher is actually the guidance counselor from her school, who Piper loves! She was very excited, and I was as well, now we'll just have regular "homework" type work to do in between as they'll meet M, T, and F for 2 hrs at a time. :goodvibes I can stop being the medicine and schoolwork nag, and go back to being just the medicine nag..:lmao:

well im sorry she had to go back on the o2, but I it will get all worked out I just know it will soon. I actually think Alyssa may have needed oxygen earlier today if we had some. I am seriously going to talk to them this week, about closer monitoring. Her heart just seems to get excited more than it used to but I can only tell by counting her beats and thats hard and then she is getting scared so it just get worse.

Thank God for homebound though!!!!!!!!! I dont know what i would do with out Alyssas teacher, she is my lifeline I swear!! I dont even think she realizes how important she is too us. Sometimes it is so nice just to know that Alyssa is in the room with her and I can hear her laugh and learn. She makes it fun and it breaks up our day. For the hour she is here I am rolling girl! I get more done in that hour than I do all day! It great in so many ways! Im glad you are all set with that!:cheer2:

well im sorry she had to go back on the o2, but I it will get all worked out I just know it will soon. I actually think Alyssa may have needed oxygen earlier today if we had some. I am seriously going to talk to them this week, about closer monitoring. Her heart just seems to get excited more than it used to but I can only tell by counting her beats and thats hard and then she is getting scared so it just get worse.

Thank God for homebound though!!!!!!!!! I dont know what i would do with out Alyssas teacher, she is my lifeline I swear!! I dont even think she realizes how important she is too us. Sometimes it is so nice just to know that Alyssa is in the room with her and I can hear her laugh and learn. She makes it fun and it breaks up our day. For the hour she is here I am rolling girl! I get more done in that hour than I do all day! It great in so many ways! Im glad you are all set with that!:cheer2:

I didn't realize Alyssa was on homebound as well :) You should ask them about a pulse ox with Alyssa's lung functions being what they are. We got ours when Piper was a baby, and we were still using Cincinnati Childrens..they were all about parents being informed and being able to monitor their kids effectively. I'll be honest and tell you, until this last admission I don't think her current Dr would have ordered one just because I said I wanted it. She didn't even seem to want her to have O2 at home. I'm not sure if it's a control issue or something else. I haven't been completely happy with her clinic for the past yr or so, a lot of mixed messages and unreturned phone calls. It's just odd because we've always gotten such good care there. :headache: They might just be getting tired of me, lol.

Piper was only in school for a total of 3 weeks this year, and with winter coming, it just wasn't worth the stress. It is nice, Piper's teacher had actually come to visit Piper in the hosp several times, and is the only school employee who ever took the time to do that. She truly cares about her, and is so wonderful with her. I almost cried when I found out that was who would be doing the homebound. Sheesh..I'm way too sappy..lol.

Oh man, that stinks. I was so happy to hear she was off. I can't imagine having that type of condition and NOT having a pulse-ox. My grandmother is living with pulmonary fibrosis and she has that thing on her finger most of the day. My mom has to turn up her air whenever she gets up to eat, use the bathroom, get dressed, undressed, etc. It's also handy (for her) as a teaching tool. By watching what her oxygen does she can learn to control it. She was doing well until about a year ago so she's still kind of learning how to live outside the hospital. Sorry to turn this into my family, it's the closest thing I have to relate. I know it's a constant worry and something you always have to be aware of. Does this mean more late nights?

How wonderful that Piper and her teacher could connect and have such a beautiful bond! I love to hear when teachers really go the extra mile!!:teacher::love:

Oh man, that stinks. I was so happy to hear she was off. I can't imagine having that type of condition and NOT having a pulse-ox. My grandmother is living with pulmonary fibrosis and she has that thing on her finger most of the day. My mom has to turn up her air whenever she gets up to eat, use the bathroom, get dressed, undressed, etc. It's also handy (for her) as a teaching tool. By watching what her oxygen does she can learn to control it. She was doing well until about a year ago so she's still kind of learning how to live outside the hospital. Sorry to turn this into my family, it's the closest thing I have to relate. I know it's a constant worry and something you always have to be aware of. Does this mean more late nights?

No, we don't constantly monitor, it's a several times during the day thing. When we do monitor she's sitting on her bed usually, so if it's low there, it's usually lower when she's up and about.

Glad she is getting someone she likes and can learn from!

How wonderful that Piper and her teacher could connect and have such a beautiful bond! I love to hear when teachers really go the extra mile!!:teacher::love:

We were both extremely excited when we found it who it was. It can really make homebound into a wonderful experience or a PITA depending on the teacher. We've had classroom teachers in the past that it would take two weeks to get a weeks worth of assignments from, and homebound teachers who didn't care about Piper's schedule and were not flexible at all about the timing.

Hello there...I just found and caught up with your PTR! I am very excited about your upcoming trip and can't wait to follow along. Your daughter is beautiful and you seem like an incredibly strong and loving mother.

I have laughed and teared up so far reading. :surfweb:

I don't have any experience with CF but can relate on a smaller scale as my oldest child has asthma and my youngest has RAD. So nebulizers and peak flow readings and hospital visits are a part of our life as well. Our upcoming visits to WDW are during the best breathing months for my kids and are complete with steriods and antibiotics and epi pens on top of their regular meds. Still nothing compared to your daughters illness... but I have felt great fear at times and lots of blame.

Anyway, mom to mom, my prayers are with you each day.:hug:

Hello there...I just found and caught up with your PTR! I am very excited about your upcoming trip and can't wait to follow along. Your daughter is beautiful and you seem like an incredibly strong and loving mother.

I have laughed and teared up so far reading. :surfweb:

I don't have any experience with CF but can relate on a smaller scale as my oldest child has asthma and my youngest has RAD. So nebulizers and peak flow readings and hospital visits are a part of our life as well. Our upcoming visits to WDW are during the best breathing months for my kids and are complete with steriods and antibiotics and epi pens on top of their regular meds. Still nothing compared to your daughters illness... but I have felt great fear at times and lots of blame.

Anyway, mom to mom, my prayers are with you each day.:hug:

:welcome: ! Thank you for the compliments :) Asthma parents probably have the best understanding outside of CF families as to what we go through. To me, in some ways, asthma is scarier, simply because the attacks can seemingly come out of nowhere. I usually have a good idea of when Piper is going into an exacerbation and we can be proactive. Prayers are always appreciated, especially this time of year! I'm excited you guys are leaving so soon..I'm going to have to go check out your PTR if you have one going. :goodvibes :hug:

i'm joining in....be back later to catch up!

:welcome:! Hooray! Welcome aboard punkin! :banana:

:welcome: ! Thank you for the compliments :) Asthma parents probably have the best understanding outside of CF families as to what we go through. To me, in some ways, asthma is scarier, simply because the attacks can seemingly come out of nowhere. I usually have a good idea of when Piper is going into an exacerbation and we can be proactive. Prayers are always appreciated, especially this time of year! I'm excited you guys are leaving so soon..I'm going to have to go check out your PTR if you have one going. :goodvibes :hug:
:

I'll be Twittering mostly but may do a food report. We are traveling with family that is afraid of any info being put on the internet. :laughing: Maybe they are bank robbers or something and just haven't told me.:confused3 I will look for unmarked bills. :rotfl2:

I'm trying to stay pretty active by posting every 4-5 days, even with our trip still in early stages. I'd also like all of you reading to feel like you know us, even just a little bit. Soo..without further ado some pictures of Piper with one of her top sleep inducers..her vest! Even though she's been doing the vest for 6 yrs, it still cracks me every time I see her sleeping with it on. I've approximated her age in these..pay no attention to the date stamp, I ermm..haven't fooled around with the cam enough to get it fixed or turned off :laughing:
sosweet-1-1.jpg

About 5 yrs old here..I miss this age!
10-14-09030-1.jpg

About 7 here...asleep sitting up! Wish I could do that :)

10-14-09.jpg

8 yrs old! Yes..this one is from last night..still makes me giggle every time!

I'll be Twittering mostly but may do a food report. We are traveling with family that is afraid of any info being put on the internet. :laughing: Maybe they are bank robbers or something and just haven't told me.:confused3 I will look for unmarked bills. :rotfl2:

I saw your twitter page! I don't do any text on my cell, but will look forward to seeing the food report if you decide to do it! :rotfl: If you find some of those unmarked bills..send some our way...

The pics of piper are just to cute! Alyssa would try to fal asleep with her on but always complained that she was too hot. It doesnt take much though to make her hot. I have to admit that if I laid beside her when she does her I start to doze off too lol. Its that steady motion like a car ride I guess lol. How was pipers O2 over the weekend? I hope she is feeling well! Ive been missing the boards this weekend. I did a couple peeks but not my usual.

I just can't imagine the hard work you've put into Piper's health!! You're my super-hero!!

Sweet pictures!! I have one of my daughter when she was about 3 that is a little similar. We were at some friends' house, and they had one of those bouncy spring horses. She was getting off and fell asleep half on it/ half off. It was so funny!!

The pics of piper are just to cute! Alyssa would try to fal asleep with her on but always complained that she was too hot. It doesnt take much though to make her hot. I have to admit that if I laid beside her when she does her I start to doze off too lol. Its that steady motion like a car ride I guess lol. How was pipers O2 over the weekend? I hope she is feeling well! Ive been missing the boards this weekend. I did a couple peeks but not my usual.

Good morning! I think everyone is quieter during the weekend on here, proves that we DO have lives..lol. Right now we're oxygen-free, last night asleep she was satting about 95...this morning 96-97. I'm hopeful, but after last time, I am not counting on anything!

I just can't imagine the hard work you've put into Piper's health!! You're my super-hero!!

Sweet pictures!! I have one of my daughter when she was about 3 that is a little similar. We were at some friends' house, and they had one of those bouncy spring horses. She was getting off and fell asleep half on it/ half off. It was so funny!!

Thank you :) I look at it as "you do what you have to do" kind of thing, I can't imagine doing anything differently. I occasionally hear about parents who don't stick to their children's treatment regimens, and it kills me. How could you not do something that will ultimately prolong your child's life? :headache:

Kids are so great at sleeping at the drop of a dime...until you try to get them to go to bed, anyway...:laughing: I'd love to see that picture! I have one of Piper at about that age when she fell asleep in a plate of spaghetti! Seriously though, I couldn't do what I do if Piper didn't have the personality that she does..I would go crazy. She keeps me on my toes enough that I don't have too much time for what-ifs and whens.

She is so stinkin' cute!!!

:lovestruc

I have never seen a vest working... is it loud? Does it just shake her all up? I can't believe she could sleep with that thing on? :eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter