Piper's Practically Perfect PTR..Wish Trip! 3/2-8...Upd Pg 126- TR Link!! Hooray!

I'm so happy for you guys!!:grouphug: It's going to be so exciting the day you let the news out about WDW in 2010 ~ make sure you get a good pic of Piper's face that day!

Thank you, Stacy :lovestruc I can't wait to see her face either, she asks something else about WDW on an almost daily basis! I'll have my camera, and my mom will have hers, so between the two of us, we should nail it. What I'd really like is to get video (!) but going to have to work out how we could do it..I don't think anyone in the fam has a video camera. Oh well, still plenty of time to figure it out. :)

I had originally started the PTR as a journal of sorts, that I could keep and Piper could see as she gets older, but I'm really enjoying meeting all the people who have come aboard as well.

That's why I initially did it too. I do enjoy a bit of, what husband likes to refer to as, creative writing LOL so this seemed like a great way to journal our experience and have some fun. Never in a million years did I expect to meet so many wonderful people. This has been quite a start to what will likely turn out to be the most amazing vacation experience ever!

Just another note.....my Matty is like your Piper. So incredibly enthusiastic about EVERYTHING and it is infectious. He has us in stitches around this house sometimes he is such a little goof ball (around us anyway, he's a bit reserved around those he doesn't know but that is slowly starting to change). I hear that alot, about kids with some serious medical condition or another. They ARE amazing!

Pamela :santa:

Matty's Wish Trip http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2325607

Just another note.....my Matty is like your Piper. So incredibly enthusiastic about EVERYTHING and it is infectious. He has us in stitches around this house sometimes he is such a little goof ball (around us anyway, he's a bit reserved around those he doesn't know but that is slowly starting to change). I hear that alot, about kids with some serious medical condition or another. They ARE amazing!

Pamela :santa:

Matty's Wish Trip http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2325607

Piper is a bit like Anthony Bourdain...she has no reservations! :rotfl: Shortly after we moved back here (she was 3 1/2 or so...) we went to the grocery store, and the clerk was talking to her, telling her how cute she was, etc. So the clerk says, "well, you just stay here and I'll take you home with me". Piper immediately pops out with.. "OK!". It was one of those moments that cracked me up and gave me serious reservations about her friendliness at the same time..lol. I guess things never change though, 'cause at the grocery store a couple of days ago, we're checking out, I put my personal hygiene items on the belt (there's a lady checking out, and a line behind me of 3 or 4 people) and out she comes with "Mommy..why are you buying Playtex?" LOL..my immediate response was "So you can ask me embarrassing questions in the checkout line." Everyone laughed, but I know my face had to have been red! Gotta love outgoing kids!

OMG thats funny!!! :rotfl2: from the mouths of babes!

Piper is a bit like Anthony Bourdain...she has no reservations! :rotfl: Shortly after we moved back here (she was 3 1/2 or so...) we went to the grocery store, and the clerk was talking to her, telling her how cute she was, etc. So the clerk says, "well, you just stay here and I'll take you home with me". Piper immediately pops out with.. "OK!". It was one of those moments that cracked me up and gave me serious reservations about her friendliness at the same time..lol. I guess things never change though, 'cause at the grocery store a couple of days ago, we're checking out, I put my personal hygiene items on the belt (there's a lady checking out, and a line behind me of 3 or 4 people) and out she comes with "Mommy..why are you buying Playtex?" LOL..my immediate response was "So you can ask me embarrassing questions in the checkout line." Everyone laughed, but I know my face had to have been red! Gotta love outgoing kids!

That is so funny and embarassing at the same time :rotfl2: Reminds me of my youngest DS he's always coming of with new ways to make us laugh with his outgoingness.

Piper is a bit like Anthony Bourdain...she has no reservations! :rotfl: Shortly after we moved back here (she was 3 1/2 or so...) we went to the grocery store, and the clerk was talking to her, telling her how cute she was, etc. So the clerk says, "well, you just stay here and I'll take you home with me". Piper immediately pops out with.. "OK!".

A couple of months ago I was at the store with Tessa and after a long shopping trip full of tantrums and attitude I threatened to send her home with the family in front of me. As they started to leave the store she said she wanted to go with them and threw yet another tantrum when I wouldn't let her!

OMG thats funny!!! :rotfl2: from the mouths of babes!

That is so funny and embarassing at the same time :rotfl2: Reminds me of my youngest DS he's always coming of with new ways to make us laugh with his outgoingness.

A couple of months ago I was at the store with Tessa and after a long shopping trip full of tantrums and attitude I threatened to send her home with the family in front of me. As they started to leave the store she said she wanted to go with them and threw yet another tantrum when I wouldn't let her!

She definitely keeps me on my toes! Melissa, I don't dare say anything like that to Piper, she'd be apt to want to do the same thing, lol.

Oh my!

You guys have me totally cracking up this morning!

Playtex! :rotfl:

Sending your kids home with other famiilies. :rotfl2:

Oh my!

You guys have me totally cracking up this morning!

Playtex! :rotfl:

Sending your kids home with other famiilies. :rotfl2:

I had such a good time with everyone late last night and this morning. Methinks we need to figure out how to do a Wish family chat one night, or maybe one night a month, something. So much fun talking to people live! (Or close to it)

I had such a good time with everyone late last night and this morning. Methinks we need to figure out how to do a Wish family chat one night, or maybe one night a month, something. So much fun talking to people live! (Or close to it)

I agree! I have enjoyed meeting everyone so much that I think I will never leave here!

:worship: DISBOARDS:worship:

great meeting of wish granters! it's great that Piper is truly appreciative! What a great daughter.

I'm pleasantly surprised she is completely in the dark. You are a good secret keeper.

First a short update! Piper is off IVs and deaccessed as of this evening, hooray!! :banana::banana::dance3::woohoo::worship: Which means more sleep for, and a more pleasant Mommy! She was also off O2 part of the day with a sat of 95. I'll monitor her throughout the day tomorrow with cautious optimism that maybe we can just go to O2 when she's asleep!

Now..onto the fun stuff! I had promised this interview before all the ballyhoo:sick: and hospital stay, etc..and actually had it all ready to go before life intervened! So without further ado..an interview with Piper...

What is the first ride you want to ride when you get to WDW? I want to ride Space Mountain..I've been dreaming about it.

Are there any rides you don't want to ride? No, but I'll only ride the rides that catch my eye.

What character do you want to meet the most? The Genie.

What is your favorite Disney movie? Aladdin (Are we seeing a theme here?)

What is your favorite Disney song? You Ain't Never Had a Friend Like Me

What is the best thing about having CF? Being on tv. ( I am very much a silver lining type of person, and am doing my best to instill the same thing in her. She looked at me like I was nuts when I asked her that, but it didn't take her long to come up with an answer!)

What is the worst thing about having CF? The needles.

If you could pick anything to happen to you at WDW what would it be? For one of the characters to ride a ride with me.

What's the best thing that ever happened to you? Getting out of the hospital and going to get ice cream!

What's your favorite tv show? i-Carly and Spongebob (we don't have cable, and she has dvds of these. There are times when she'll pop out with.."Can we go to Gram's so I can watch cable?" lol)

Favorite color? Pink!

What's your favorite thing to do? Read and play my DS.

Favorite food? Pasta

Favorite restaurant? Chinese (So someone tell me why it is whenever I ask her where she wants to eat...I get McNastys? lol)

Favorite Subject? Science

And last but not least...What do you want to be when you grow up? A marine biologist/artist/orinthologist/naturalist. (I think I'm going to have a very busy girl! LOL)

We are at the point now where we talk about Disney and GKTW at least once a day..she brings it up. She's very excited about all the parties and things to do at GKTW aside from all the Disney/US/Seaworld stuff. She was very serious during the whole "interview", I kept waiting for her to pop out with something funny, and no dice! That's what I get for putting the poor thing on the spot.

Too cute! What a little smarty pants! How cute that she sadi getting out and getting ice cream was the best thing that ever happened to her!:rotfl: Makes you think...

great meeting of wish granters! it's great that Piper is truly appreciative! What a great daughter.

I'm pleasantly surprised she is completely in the dark. You are a good secret keeper.

I'm glad to hear Pipers on the mend:thumbsup2

Your girl is adventurous. I like that.

Thanks, Jordan :) I think the only reason I'm being able to keep the surprise element going is that she knows we're planning the trip, she just doesn't know the dates! I would never be able to keep it secret that we're going, I get too excited, lol. I'm very glad the O2 situation seems to be getting better, I was honestly afraid we may be looking at a permanent situation after 3 weeks on it with little improvement. I was just picturing doing WDW with an O2 tagalong..I know there are people who have to do it, but I was dreading the thought of it, to be honest. Then again...we could have always taken pictures of the machine in front of all the touristy sights..get a picture of Cinderella hugging it, etc, :rotfl: Who knows, we may still end up needing it.

Too cute! What a little smarty pants! How cute that she sadi getting out and getting ice cream was the best thing that ever happened to her!:rotfl: Makes you think...

I know..all the things we've done, and that's what she's come up with...then again, she had only been out for about 2 weeks, and that time was her first visit to a Ben & Jerry's, so she had been very excited! (We occasionally buy B & J's pints at the grocery for a special treat..)

Laughing out loud at that one, thank goodness she's asleep! Plan the outfits around the parks..oh geez! The sad thing is though..she would LOVE it..LOL. I think she spends way too much time with me for her own good to appreciate something like that!

Laughing out loud at that one, thank goodness she's asleep! Plan the outfits around the parks..oh geez! The sad thing is though..she would LOVE it..LOL. I think she spends way too much time with me for her own good to appreciate something like that!

Sense of humor is a great quality!

Name to O2 tanks!

Oh you guys are silly. :rolleyes:
I just wanted to share with Pipersmom this TR:
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2287203
I don't know exactly how long the Flower and Garden Festival goes, but since you and I are definitely going in spring it should be a good one to check out. I have read some of it, but the pics weren't showing. The author just replied that the pics should be back up tomorrow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter