Pictures of things No Longer Seen at WDW

I have been registered on this forum since 2011 and always just lurked. But, I just had to post a comment to this thread. Thanks to everyone for posting these pictures and the information. I have thoroughly enjoyed every page. It has inspired me to go through my albums and try to post the old photos I have. Again thanks!!!

Thanks for the kind comments. Glad to read you had fun with this thread.

Looking forward to your memories.

Thanks again to everyone for their posts.

FigmentIsTheBest (OP)

Wow !

This is the saddest thread I have ever read.

I quit looking after around page 9.

I have personally experienced almost (99.99%) of what I saw. In just the first 10% of this thread.

Even on this page, number 117, I'm going "Holy cow!"

I stayed at the Golf Resort. And then the Disney Inn. Which is now Shades of Green.

My kids flew on that Bee! I have it on video, including the part where Siskel and Ebert give a review of their performance. (I wonder if other kids got a review too?)

I gotta go lay down. I don't feel so well.

What!! No more Sorcerer Mickey?? I didn't realize that Mickey would be appearing in another outfit :(
At the time of the closing of the Animation Building, Sorcerer Mickey wasn't expected to return to the permanent location. He has been out in Sorcerer and classic clothing and now, it's yet to be seen what he'll be wearing when he moves to his newest location.

1VUPNKQ.jpg

Remember when the MSEP made a unit honoring Mickey's 50th Birthday in 1978 and a 60th unit in 1988? I wish Disney would make a float for Mickey's 80th or 90th Birthday in the future if the MSEP is still at WDW or for Paint The Night.

That raises a question for me. Does anyone know if there has ever been snow (not the MVMCP kind) on Main St in Florida or California? I suspect not in FL, but I don't know the weather patterns well enough in Anaheim.

Not snow like that but it did snow when I was there a Christmastime in the early 1990's (don't know the exact year because we went at Christmas every year for a while.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter