Pictures of things No Longer Seen at WDW

Have any of the Camp Minnie/Mickey character props been places anywhere else in AK? Be so sad if they just took them away. At the very least take them to Wilderness Lodge/Camp Grounds :idea:

That's a great idea! I hope they do something with them, and they'd fit right in at Fort Wilderness.

Most people probably don't remember but Epcot had a pretty good marching band of its own at one time:

View attachment 79921

And I found it interesting that even when the bands ended, most of these guys continued with other groups around WDW. The third one from the left, for instance, I saw in about 5 bands over the years.

25ap1zc.jpg

This thread has been great-thanks! Forgive the quality of my photos. Does anyone remember the Fort Wilderness trailer homes, before the , Cabins (1987)?

How about Eliot Dyson at POFQ-

What I'd love to see is a picture of the Grand Floridian being built or the area where the GF is, pre-GF days. When we first went to WDW in 1987, they talked about how it was being built every time we went on the monorail. One of my biggest regrets is not taking a picture.

Does anyone have a picture of the MK entrance/turnstiles before bag check was added? There was nothing like hopping off the ferry and heading right to the right turnstiles and entering.

...What I'd love to see is a picture of the Grand Floridian being built or the area where the GF is, pre-GF days. When we first went to WDW in 1987, they talked about how it was being built every time we went on the monorail. One of my biggest regrets is not taking a picture.
Here you go, Dorothy. Not from the monorail, but showing what was there before GF.

asiansite.jpg

http://www.omniluxe.net/wyw/asian.htm

Does anyone remember the "Wondercycles" in the Wonders of Life Pavillion? It was a simulated bicycle ride and the faster you'd pedal, the faster you'd move through the simulated course. It was right outside of the Body Wars line area.

I am loving this thread, by the way!!! Thanks to the OP and everyone who has contributed memories and pictures!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 103
The zebras at the end of the KS ride-that didn't last long!

Here you go, Dorothy. Not from the monorail, but showing what was there before GF.

asiansite.jpg

http://www.omniluxe.net/wyw/asian.htm

Wow, that's cool-thanks Dan!

And yes, I remember the life cycles. Couldn't you pretend you were cycling through a course? And does anyone remember the "Coach's Corner" where you could have your golf swing, batting swing, or another option, I think, analyzed by a pro on screen? Unfortunately I can't find a picture but I'm sure it was there, at least in 1989.

I still have my Guest of Honor Badge! I get many questions every time I wear it at WDW, even CM's ask about it.
I wear my Guest of Honor badge on every trip. When I was there a few weeks ago I had more people stop and ask me about it than ever before. A lot of cast members think it's some special recognition cast member badge. Some times I get a little extra magic treatment because they don't know what it is. I'm so glad I got mine all those years ago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter