Pictures of things No Longer Seen at WDW

2015-04-14 18.23.27.jpg (Not sure how to rotate this pictures sorry.. But do they still have the doll makers in Germany? I didn't see them when i was there in December)
2015-04-14 18.25.33.jpg I don't remember this but they painted the earful tower for the 101 Dalmatians when that Came out, I do remember them having the props from the movie somewhere at MGM for a while but must have blocked this out. haha
2015-04-14 18.32.14.jpg The old Dumbo, probably around 1993(ish)?
2015-04-14 18.34.14.jpg Mickeys Birthdayland 1994?
2015-04-14 18.34.55.jpg 2015-04-14 18.36.18 (1).jpg Ace Ventura at MGM, he did some kind of show on the streets of america if I remember right.

2015-04-14 18.36.47.jpg Not sure if this is just a holiday float, but it was from the Easter parade around 1996
2015-04-14 18.37.18.jpg Not at WDW specifically, but for anyone that wanted to see the old Shades of Green before they did the refurb.a few years back.
2015-04-14 18.38.42.jpg
2015-04-14 18.40.49.jpg The American Idol Experience, I never went in but i liked to watch from the outside when they had it going on.
2015-04-14 18.42.22.jpg The Adventurers Club.. This was in 2010 after it closed, but LOVED going to this when i was a kid. It was the only thing i really remember about pleasure Island.. probably because it was one of the only things i was allowed to go in. haha
2015-04-14 18.44.41.jpg the 'tron-orail'. ;)
2015-04-14 18.54.35.jpg Found this old guide book for the waterparks, from 96', I have most of the maps from most of our visits, i may be a slight bit of a hoardero_O apparently.

Sorry for so many pictures, last group and i'll stop.. lol
2015-04-14 18.40.38.jpg I have a lot of pictures of the older characters, I don't think i have seen Karl out since this trip, does he still come out at all?
The rest will be River country, <3 I pretty much wanted to spend all of our time there when we were in WDW when I was a kid. Sad its gone.
2015-04-14 18.28.55.jpg
2015-04-14 18.30.29.jpg
2015-04-14 18.30.49.jpg It seemed every time that we were there though part of the park had to be shut down to get a critter out though.. This time it was a snake.. buhh..
2015-04-14 18.39.03.jpg The all american water party, I remember loving all the games and things that they did with everyone there.. like the tug of war, the parade, and seeing how many marshmallows people could fit in their mouths.. haha
2015-04-14 18.28.37.jpg Also they had a greasy watermelon contest, where they greased up a watermelon and had people wrestle over it in the main water part.. my Dad happened to win one time when we were there :rotfl:
Ok done with the spamming of pictures, it was so much fun to go through the old pictures. :)

Really? Thats pretty neat! :) I'm glad its still getting use. Have never made it to WDW during the fall/MNSSHP, (Hoping to make it down this year though! :) )

View attachment 87498 2000 Original View down Hollywood Blvd

Are the palm trees still there? Mickey's Hat was there from the first time we went. I never understood all the hate for it, calling it BAH etc, but now I get the view. It's really cool and really 'Hollywood'. Now that the hat is gone, will the view be the same as this picture?

12492py.jpg

Have any of the Camp Minnie/Mickey character props been places anywhere else in AK? Be so sad if they just took them away. At the very least take them to Wilderness Lodge/Camp Grounds :idea:

Are the palm trees still there? Mickey's Hat was there from the first time we went. I never understood all the hate for it, calling it BAH etc, but now I get the view. It's really cool and really 'Hollywood'. Now that the hat is gone, will the view be the same as this picture?
  • Yes they are...Here is a pic of the hat's last day 1/6/2015image.jpg

what was the Adventurer's club?

It was a club in Pleasure Island themed as a 1930's explorers club. They had different section, a library, a mask room. There were also actors playing various officers of the club played for comedy. They also performed songs. It was a lot of fun. They initiated new members everynight. Kungaloosh was the toast, greeting.

My only regret is that I didn't go enough

It was one of the clubs at Pleasure island. It was themed as a club for adventurers set in the 30's? There were various rooms that you could go into, each with its own little show. I still get the song stuck in my hear. haha :)

It was a club in Pleasure Island themed as a 1930's explorers club. They had different section, a library, a mask room. There were also actors playing various officers of the club played for comedy. They also performed songs. It was a lot of fun. They initiated new members everynight. Kungaloosh was the toast, greeting.

My only regret is that I didn't go enough

That sounds AWESOME!!!! I totally would have loved it! Such a bummer it's gone. :( I know that you can't fight progress, but sometimes I think it's done too hastily.

That sounds AWESOME!!!! I totally would have loved it! Such a bummer it's gone. :( I know that you can't fight progress, but sometimes I think it's done too hastily.
The loss of Adventurer's Club is an example of what I consider "regress". Besides the general fun ambience of the place and the shows, the audio-animatronics in that place were amazing. We kind of stopped going there a few years before it closed because we had young children then, and it bothered me that we couldn't go, because I considered that part of an essential list of things to do at WDW. Just when my girls were getting old enough for us to go in there again, they removed it. Of all things lost at WDW over the years, this is one of the things we miss most.

The loss of Adventurer's Club is an example of what I consider "regress". Besides the general fun ambience of the place and the shows, the audio-animatronics in that place were amazing. We kind of stopped going there a few years before it closed because we had young children then, and it bothered me that we couldn't go, because I considered that part of an essential list of things to do at WDW. Just when my girls were getting old enough for us to go in there again, they removed it. Of all things lost at WDW over the years, this is one of the things we miss most.

What a bummer! I think execs should slow down and take more consideration of the charm and belovedness of an attraction before knocking it down for something newer, flasher, more exciting. People love the parks for a reason, so don't get rid of the reasons people keep coming back.
There is an old amusement park near me- Cedar Point- that started around the turn of the century. My dad took me every summer, it was really fun and so very charming. They have since gutted the charm in the name of roller coaster greed. It just isn't as fun anymore. They tore down my absolute favorite attraction some time ago- the fun house, to make room for, you guessed it, a roller coaster (and not a very good one). I like roller coasters but don't think they need a new one every year! It is also not very kid friendly anymore due to the focus on more adult/big kid rides. It's a shame. We used to sail my dad's sailboat over sometimes and they have docks, so we could dock and spend the night on the boat & go right into the park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter