Pictures of things No Longer Seen at WDW

Recently read the news and had to add this here. How's the enforcing been so far?
XjYJz1-b.jpeg

I used to collect the various glass/ceramic figurines and really miss being able to go into a store at the parks and have so many different options! They were always what I chose as my 'prize' for our family trips. I definitely have the Minnie playing tennis figurine that you have...I may or may not have knocked the racket off though...

I had no idea that this had been stopped at WDW.
No more rides in the front of the monorail. The website said they stopped doing this in 2009. Luckily I was able to do this as a kid.
img050-1024x692.jpg

Recently read the news and had to add this here. How's the enforcing been so far?
XjYJz1-b.jpeg
Haven't seen a single sign yet and I was there two days ago. First I heard was today. I haven't seen any and I haven't seen any signs either, but I haven't been to MK in a few weeks. Hmm. I do believe I'm overdue. Lol

I have a question. Why are they not allowing the selfie sticks? Is it because they can become a long metal stick and used as a weapon or is it taking away from the people getting photos of themselves taken by the Cast Members?

I don't have access to my photos since they are at my parents house in NC, but does anyone have photos of the fire station on Main St with the dalmations on it? Or what about being the first child in the store behind the castle and you got to "wake up" Tink? The cabanas that spotted on the Beach Club beach? That's one of the reasons my husband and I fell in love with the Beach Club. Or the short lived Disney Institute? Great concept, too bad it never took off

Trying to post ones I have that others have referenced - found this one of my guys in the old Ice Station Cool back in 2000:

Unfortunately, I AM old enough to have been to River Country, both as a kid (no clue where those pics are) back in the late 70's and with my kids in the mid 90's. One I dug up from 1997:

And I have several from Donald's Boat in Mickey's Toontown Fair from that same trip:

Son with Remy in 2009:

Watching Miyuki on the same trip - my son was shocked to be picked to get one of the candies (but quickly ate it due to the August heat!) - it was a porcupine that looked better before it started melting!:

From my trip in either 78 or 79 (I went both years - not sure when it's from) - Big Thunder under construction:

This is an awesome thread, it's taken me days to get all the way through it!!! At 29 years old, I just took my first trip....how I wish I could've seen some of these for myself years ago!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter