Pictures of things No Longer Seen at WDW

Wow, this thread is wonderful. It took me all weekend, but I read through the whole thing!

Here are mine, all from the early '80s. If this is still going come August, I'll raid my parents' house for our '70s pics. I'm the brown-haired one in all of these.

Roaming mice:
i-XB33Tw9-L.jpg

Anyone know where this is? The trees look perhaps Poly-ish, but I have no idea:
i-2vVpQZx-L.jpg

So many trees! So few people!
i-BhpKSL5-L.jpg

i-7VsXCDR-L.jpg

I think this is the Empress Lily? Doesn't look particularly nautical, but I know we typically did our character dining there. And check it out, Alice and Donald at the same meal!
i-tVcNrGs-L.jpg

i-3dLPMZ8-L.jpg

i-kvwpqQD-L.jpg

A playground at Vacation (or Golf?) Villas:
i-mN6kCSt-L.jpg

Awesome thread! I have pics from 87, 89, 90, 95, 98, 2002, 2013 and 2014. Unfortunately all but 13 and 14 are not digitized. I will scan some in and post them up as soon as I get some time. I have some from the 70's and early 80's too but they are on slides.

Wow, this thread is wonderful. It took me all weekend, but I read through the whole thing!

Here are mine, all from the early '80s. If this is still going come August, I'll raid my parents' house for our '70s pics. I'm the brown-haired one in all of these.

Thanks for all the pictures!

Looking forward to the older ones when you get them.

FigmentIsTheBest (OP)

Awesome thread! I have pics from 87, 89, 90, 95, 98, 2002, 2013 and 2014. Unfortunately all but 13 and 14 are not digitized. I will scan some in and post them up as soon as I get some time. I have some from the 70's and early 80's too but they are on slides.

It would be great to see them.

Sounds like time to break out the side projector and employ the digital camera.... that reminds me I need to do that too.

FigmentIsTheBest (OP)

I'm going home next week to visit my parents and will try to find time to dig out some of their old albums from our trips in the late 70's and see if I can find any more than the few I've already posted!

It would be great to see them.

Sounds like time to break out the side projector and employ the digital camera.... that reminds me I need to do that too.

FigmentIsTheBest (OP)

There are scanners that have the ability to scan slides with an attachment - this will turn out a lot better than trying to photograph a projected image.

@norybell
I think the one with the chipmunk is O'hana at the Polynesian. Is it from the 70s or 80s? Those amber table glasses are such a giveaway. I think my grandparents had that same set. I shudder every time I think of the colors and decor from the 70s:scared:

There are scanners that have the ability to scan slides with an attachment - this will turn out a lot better than trying to photograph a projected image.

I did this several years ago. The quality was great. The device scanner has a backlight built in to get a real representation of the slides. I think it was only $30 or so. Sold in when I was done for $20. Once all 1000 slides are digital, never need to do it again, but it was a labor of love.

I finally made it through every page! I love this thread. It's an amazing way to bridge the long gap between my childhood (first trip in 1984), my children's childhoods (started taking them in 1999), and our upcoming trip in October, which will be the first with our children now that they are both adults. I'm going to have to dig through pictures and see if I have anything to add!

I just had to say thanks for all who are posting in this thread. Man, some fantastic memory hitters here!

@Chernabog1940
Alice doesn't sit on top of the mushroom anymore? I know they still do MSEP. I thought I saw her in July, but we missed the parade in March. If she isn't there anymore, then I have been partaking of the caterpillars smoke too much:ccat:

@Chernabog1940
Alice doesn't sit on top of the mushroom anymore? I know they still do MSEP. I thought I saw her in July, but we missed the parade in March. If she isn't there anymore, then I have been partaking of the caterpillars smoke too much:ccat:

I can't answer to how much of the caterpillar's smoke you have been partaking, but yes, Alice does sit astride the mushroom.
My post was scanned from one of my 30-year old photos. Time must have changed the the color of the Cheshire cat to that rosey hue.
Sorry all.

9pt0ns.jpg

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter