Pictures of things No Longer Seen at WDW

Some photos from Summer, 1972, (if they upload):
[GALLERY=]View attachment 84585[/GALLERY]

Where is this picture from 1972 taken? My first visit was 1978, and I don't remember anywhere quite that open and grassy. My guess is somewhere near the toontown (dumbo circus today) station. And thanks for posting these. They are amazing photos.

I know, wrong coast, but I found this fascinating -- particularly spotting the kids riding donkeys in Frontierland. How long did that last?

And can anyone tell me how the process works to transfer what was undoubtedly 8mm grainy film from half a century ago and make it look this sharp? I probably can't afford it, but dang, how I'd love to do this with my family's Super8 reels.

Where is this picture from 1972 taken? My first visit was 1978, and I don't remember anywhere quite that open and grassy. My guess is somewhere near the toontown (dumbo circus today) station. And thanks for posting these. They are amazing photos.

It was the Frontierland train station, located kind of across from Pecos Bills after you have made the walk from Pirates in Adventureland and walked in to Frontierland.

Or at least that's how my "kid" mind recalls it.

It was the Frontierland train station, located kind of across from Pecos Bills after you have made the walk from Pirates in Adventureland and walked in to Frontierland.

Or at least that's how my "kid" mind recalls it.
The water tower stood near where Splash Mountain resides now.

And thanks for posting these. They are amazing photos.
Thanks. They were taken on one of these:

KodakInstamaticX45Camera1-vi.jpg

...onto slide film. The photos that I posted were scanned onto a computer from the slides. Tedious!

I know, wrong coast, but I found this fascinating -- particularly spotting the kids riding donkeys in Frontierland. How long did that last?

And can anyone tell me how the process works to transfer what was undoubtedly 8mm grainy film from half a century ago and make it look this sharp? I probably can't afford it, but dang, how I'd love to do this with my family's Super8 reels.
This Disneyland video was wonderful to see. I would have been the age of the sleeping toddler in the stroller. Loved the Beatles music done "a la Bach."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter