• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pictures of things No Longer Seen at WDW

This is my family in the VIP room in Horizons Aug '89. At the time it was sponsored by GE which my dad was an employee. After this we were loaded straight into the ride vehicle. (I'm the dude with the yellow hat.)

Dick Van Patton putting is hand prints in cement to be placed in front of the Great Movie ride.in Aug '89.

We recently got my grandparents old 8mm film put on dvd and there's at least a good 10-15 min of footage from Magic Kingdom from the 70's. I'm pretty sure one of them is from 1976 and of some kind of bi-centennial parade they were having. Or maybe some type of 4th of July parade. I'd love to figure out how to get the dvd's onto youtube somehow so I can share with everyone.

I went as a very small child in 1976 and have super 8 film of the bicentennial parade as well. Everything that year was in celebration and Disney was no different. I have photos at my parents which I need to scan in.

What ever happened to parades celebrating a character's birthday. Disney didn't do a parade like that again since 1992 for Goofy's 50th called "The World According To Goofy Parade" in Disneyland.

Came across this creepy picture! I guess the Tremaines weren't always "face" characters.
tumblr_mogp7dO3zX1r2pja4o1_1280.jpg

When did Cinderella EVER have a beehive hair-do?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter