Pictures of things No Longer Seen at WDW

Wait! Is the whole parade gone, or just this parade vehicle?

No! The whole parade has not gone away. But there are differences in the current incarnation - including the name. The originally posted picture was taken about 30 years ago; the one below, in January, 2015,

2qujgwm.jpg

No! The whole parade has not gone away. But there are differences in the current incarnation - including the name. The originally posted picture was taken about 30 years ago; the one below, in January, 2015,

Aw man. I was hoping there was a new parade :sad: That was shaping up to be the best news I've heard since the D23 DHS news!

Long live SpectroMagic!

I'm feeling nostalgic today. I went through my scrapbook of my first trip to WDW, which was in Sept 1995, when I was 19 years old. I so wish digital cameras were around back then. There's so much I've forgotten, especially about the original Epcot attractions.

Hopefully, the picture upload works...

Mickey Mania Parade - at the time we thought this was such a weird parade. But now, we think they don't make parades like this anymore. So many more floats and performers.

View attachment 83614 View attachment 83615 View attachment 83616

And then Mickey's Starland
View attachment 83617 View attachment 83618
Nice scrapbook

I have enjoyed seeing how wdw was before I ever went and how much it has changed since I've been.

now I'm trying to find my pictures when we were there during hurricane katrina week. The whole place, resorts and all looked like this for an entire week.

does anyone have a really good picture of the flying dragon from fantasy land opening? I know they are being rebuilt for avatar land but any picture I have is blurry.

I was there the week after Katrina, and there was another Hurricane stalled off the coast most of the week so it also rained all week, My buddy and I went to IOA and had the Blige Rat ride to ourselves for about 5 cycles, the water in the ride was actually warmer than the rain, so we just rode round and round without ponchos. The stalled Hurricane also made the flight back to IAD a very bumpy ride!!

Anybody have a picture of that awful powdered hand soap from the restrooms? I'm so glad they did away with that!

@FigmentIsTheBest Thanks for starting this AWESOME thread! So many things on here that I remember. I just read through all 111 pages and boy am I glad, because....

The Caribbean Arcade’s name changed to Caverna de los Piratas in 1979. The following year it closed, underwent a renovation and opened as Lafitte’s Portrait Deck. Under this name, the venue allowed guests to don pirate outfits and pose alongside one of two sculpted pirate figures (adapted directly from Auction Scene figure in the nearby ride) for a photograph. One was the Auctioneer standing at a ship’s wheel, the other was the pirate who holds the redhead’s rope sitting atop a pile of treasure. In the late 1980′s the operation was licensed to the PhotoToons company, and the pirates were removed. From that point on guests in pirate garb mugged by themselves and Disney characters were added to the photographs when printed.

I don't know anyone else who has photos like this! Here is a picture of my sister and I in what I'd guess was the early 90s.
IMG_2752.JPG

I REALLY wish Disney still did this! :earsboy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter