• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pictures of things No Longer Seen at WDW

Okay, I had some fun scanning pics tonight.

First, a few from our first family trip, with the 25th anniversary "Cakestle":

Scan 9 by Sue, on Flickr

I know Garden Grill is still there, but they don't give everyone the great straw hats any more!

Scan 7 - Version 4 by Sue, on Flickr

Near the entrance to Epcot:

Scan 3 by Sue, on Flickr

Unlike most pics I've seen on this thread, I can't say I wish the castle still looked like that! It was whimsical. I'll give them that much credit. Tasteful? Well... Maybe not.

low-1023x818.jpg
I was so upset when we went for Christmas in 2012 to find out this was gone
It was spectacular with the tree at the far end

This may be cheating. It's from yesterday! They had the Illuminations globe out in the open during the day. I guess with the extra Fourth of July fireworks, they don't bring the globe out during the show as normal. It was weird to see it sitting there at 10:30 in the morning!

image.jpg

Wow!!! This thread is honestly the best ever!! It's amazing to see what WDW was like before I was born, and how many things are different from what it is now! Thank you for making this thread...I'm going to be on here for awhile look at all the photos!! :thanks::dogdance:

Wow!!! This thread is honestly the best ever!! It's amazing to see what WDW was like before I was born, and how many things are different from what it is now! Thank you for making this thread...I'm going to be on here for awhile look at all the photos!! :thanks::dogdance:

You are most welcome!

I always enjoy hearing how many smiles and happiness this thread seems to evoke. Had no idea it would be so well received. I just found some of my old pictures and realized some of the things could no longer be duplicated.

Thanks to everyone for sharing their memories. This thread would be very thin if all we had were my photos alone. Looking forward to more memories.

Thanks everyone!

FigmentIsTheBest (OP)

This may be cheating. It's from yesterday! They had the Illuminations globe out in the open during the day. I guess with the extra Fourth of July fireworks, they don't bring the globe out during the show as normal. It was weird to see it sitting there at 10:30 in the morning

It is kind of strange. But no, they do the same Illuminations as normal with a bigger ending is all. The globe came out as a normal show on the 4th.

I miss carrying the Pal Mickey around and having him tell me useful information. I know he can still give outdated info now but it isn't the same! I remember being so excited to buy a Pal Mickey

Pal-Mickey.jpg
I remember how popular this was back in 2006!

If this is still here, I am assuming it'll go when Animation goes. This is from the Studios in December of 1994:

WDW 1994 (66).jpg

Last edited:
If this is still here, I am assuming it'll go when Animation goes. This is from the Studios in December of 1994:

View attachment 109507

These guys are still around. But they seem to move them over the years.

So your picture is good. I do not think they are in that arrangement or location any longer.

If I remember correctly, I last saw an arrangement of them out front of the DHS as you leave the parking area and head to the bag check. I think the PhotoPass folks were there.

I remember them being by the Brown Derby on a previous visit.

I wonder where they will be when I go in JAN?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter