Pictures of Celebrities

Scottwdw

Photographer
I don't get much chance at taking pictures (well, good ones that is) of celebrities but, at this year's New York State Fair, Charlie Daniels was the free concert and people were allowed to come right up to the stage to take some pictures. This one was my favorite.

cd.jpg

Nikon D70, Nikon 80-200 @ full zoom

Brady Seals from his Little Texas days..
Brady-vi.jpg

CharlesTD said:
Very nice picture Scott oh and BTW

GO HABS GO

Thanks and the Les Boys are going to make me a nervous wreck this year! Another OT/SO last night! The did get the extra point by winning the shootout this time. Hopefully, they can get through the next month while they wait for some of the injuried to return.

I actually take photo's of musicians professionally.

The photo of Charley Daniels has very nice clarity, it would have been better taken from the other side so the bow didn't cover his face, and would have had less shadows. Was this at what was formerly Miller Court? (Might be Chevrolet Court now??) Here's a neat one I took of Kenny Wayne Shepherd there earlier this year:

DSC_0855.jpg

Technically it's not a good photo, but it's just kinda cool :)

The other two were either taken with flash which washed out the subject, or they were altered with Photoshop to sharpen them which washed them out.

Please take this as it's meant--as constructive criticism! I have two mentors who criticize my work, and it's healped me tremendously!!!

Anne

Scottwdw said:
Thanks and the Les Boys are going to make me a nervous wreck this year! Another OT/SO last night! The did get the extra point by winning the shootout this time. Hopefully, they can get through the next month while they wait for some of the injuried to return.

Yes they need to sharpen up the power play and their defensive end coverage or tey are in big trouble especially with Theodore playing as shaky as he is. We are heading to Buffalo for the HABS Sabres game on Feb 9th we got 7 lower bowl seats section 115 for 364 dollars.

CharlesTD said:
Yes they need to sharpen up the power play and their defensive end coverage or tey are in big trouble especially with Theodore playing as shaky as he is. We are heading to Buffalo for the HABS Sabres game on Feb 9th we got 7 lower bowl seats section 115 for 364 dollars.

Well, if any of your party drops out, let me know! :D They play at Buffalo this Friday and then Toronto on Saturday. I hope they beat the Leafs there since they've beat us both times at the Bell Center.

ducklite said:

The photo of Charley Daniels has very nice clarity, it would have been better taken from the other side so the bow didn't cover his face, and would have had less shadows. Was this at what was formerly Miller Court? (Might be Chevrolet Court now??) Here's a neat one I took of Kenny Wayne Shepherd there earlier this year:

Yep, it's Chevrolet Court at the moment but most people still call it Miller Court.

I wasn't able to move to the other side of the stage due to the crowd but I kind of like the bow where it is. :charac2: I hear you about the shadows but hard to get away from that with his hat and time of day. He's there every year so I'm hoping for better results next time. I don't think the on camera flash would have helped in this case because of the distance. Looking at an SB600/800 flash unit to add to my photo bag. I have an old SB-25 but I had just gotten the camera and wasn't ready to figure out how to use that in Auto mode with the D70.

I like yours in that you caught a great moment with the hair. Sometimes that overrides the technical aspects. YWIM?

Scottwdw said:
Yep, it's Chevrolet Court at the moment but most people still call it Miller Court.

I wasn't able to move to the other side of the stage due to the crowd but I kind of like the bow where it is. :charac2: I hear you about the shadows but hard to get away from that with his hat and time of day. He's there every year so I'm hoping for better results next time. I don't think the on camera flash would have helped in this case because of the distance. Looking at an SB600/800 flash unit to add to my photo bag. I have an old SB-25 but I had just gotten the camera and wasn't ready to figure out how to use that in Auto mode with the D70.

I like yours in that you caught a great moment with the hair. Sometimes that overrides the technical aspects. YWIM?

if you have good editing software it's real easy to select his face and lighten it a little...

I like the shot the way it is, it has more of a real feeling, if it was too perfect it would look more like a studip shot..

Paul Newman's a pretty nice guy. I've gotten to chat with him a couple of times over the years.

Aug08_0039.jpg

Do NY Yankee players count? I snapped these while they were warming up, prior to a game.

Pitcher Mike Mussina:
16140330_6abd3c6444.jpg

Captain Derek Jeter:
16140331_cf433aab11.jpg

Closing pitcher Mariano Rivera:
16140332_eefddbf67b.jpg

Sure! That's a great pic of Rivera! The cloudy day really brought out the colors. Thanks for sharing!

ducklite said:

DSC_0855.jpg

Technically it's not a good photo, but it's just kinda cool :)

The other two were either taken with flash which washed out the subject, or they were altered with Photoshop to sharpen them which washed them out.

Please take this as it's meant--as constructive criticism! I have two mentors who criticize my work, and it's healped me tremendously!!!

Anne

are you referring to the 2 pics of the Little Texas guys

MICKEY88 said:
are you referring to the 2 pics of the Little Texas guys

Yes. I like the one of the guy on the keyboard, it's a great "opportunity" shot. :) But it looks very washed out to me, like you used a flash. You can see the reflection of it (or something) on the keyboard. The other one looks like you used the "Sharpen" feature in Photoshop which caused a lot of pixilation. Maybe it was just when you scanned them? Composition wise they are both great photo's though :)

Anne

PS--I'll post some of my photo's tonight--but some of my best work isn't on my site yet. I've got a photo of Scott Weiland that's amazing :)

BTW--Here's another shot that I LOVE, but technically I blew it. Anyone want to guess why Stone will never publish it?

PICT0247.jpg

Corey Lowery of Dark New Day.

Anne

ducklite said:
Yes. I like the one of the guy on the keyboard, it's a great "opportunity" shot. :) But it looks very washed out to me, like you used a flash. You can see the reflection of it (or something) on the keyboard. The other one looks like you used the "Sharpen" feature in Photoshop which caused a lot of pixilation. Maybe it was just when you scanned them? Composition wise they are both great photo's though :)

Anne

PS--I'll post some of my photo's tonight--but some of my best work isn't on my site yet. I've got a photo of Scott Weiland that's amazing :)

I don't remember if I used flash or not, but that's not the problem shot with a Minolta 9000 and the 4000 autoflash, the exposure was right on the money, the problem is 3fold...first the heavy colored lighting that Hersheypark uses for their stage shows{cause of reflections} 2nd...auto printing machine that tried to turn a black background to 18% grey, which in turn washes out the subject, and causes graininess same as pixilation in the digital world

third a quick scan before I posted these,

the enlargements I have ,and the final prints that went to Little Texas looked much better,

I'm curious as to why you think yor pic is not technically a good picture...

exposure is good, good use of selective focus, and good framing, hair caught up, shows action...of the moment..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter