Picture This: A WILDERNESS LODGE PICTORIAL OVERVIEW

WDWKOOK

NOW WITH LESS TAG!
Howdy!

This Trip Report covers our most recent stay from July 31 - August 10, 2013 at Wilderness Lodge's wonderful Old Faithful Club.

Unlike my previous Trip Reports that were more in-depth reviews, this Trip Report is a pictorial overview of Wilderness Lodge and the Villas. I have included links below to my other two 2012 Trip Reports that cover WL and FW in more depth and detail. There is also a link to the Wilderness Lodge information thread where I hope you'll pull-up a rocker and join us anytime. There are many photos and lots of information on WL/VWL on the first page. Please feel free to post to this TR any questions you might have. We will be returning to Wilderness Lodge Christmas 2013 and I will post my photos to the Wilderness Lodge thread.

WDWKOOK'S BAY LAKE RESORT TRIP REPORTS AND THREADS:

WL/CL TRIP REPORT 8/12

WL/CL TRIP REPORT 4/12

2014 WL/VWL INFORMATION THREAD

BAY LAKE TOWER TRIP REPORT 8/12

2013 CR/BLT INFORMATION THREAD

YOU HAVE ARRIVED AT YOUR DESTINATION...

HOME AT LAST...

LET'S GO PARK THE CAR...

FINALLY, THE LOBBY...

NEW LOBBY CHAIRS:

BELL SERVICES...

QUAINT TELEPHONE AREA WITH PRIVATE ROOM...

LET'S HEAD ON OVER TO THE VILLAS...

LET'S EXPLORE THE BACKYARD...

BOATS TO MK AND CR/FW...

MARINA AND RECREATION...

TRANSPORTATION...

UMMM, BUSES/BOATS/DME...

FROM EPCOT...

THE TTC/MK FERRY GOING INTO DRY DOCK. THE MONORAIL CAN BE ACCESSED BY TAKING THE BLUE FLAG BOAT TO CR OR RED FLAG BOAT TO MK...

PATHS TO FW...

THE OLD FAITHFUL CLUB: CLUB LEVEL...

VIEWS:

BREAKFAST:

SNACKS:

APPETIZERS/DESSERTS...

WL ROOM VIEWS...

WINDOW CLEANER-SOUTH WING:

WOODS VIEW FROM 7TH FLOOR HALLWAY, WEST END OF NORTH WING LOOKING STRAIGHT DOWN:

LOOKING OUT:

FRONT OF WOODS VIEW ROOMS AND DELUXE ROOMS AT END OF NORTH WING:

VIEW FROM PUBLIC BALCONY WHICH IS NEXT TO STANDARD VIEW ROOM AND OVERLOOKS THE PORT COCHERE. THIS BALCONY HAS GREAT VIEWS AND I'VE NEVER ENCOUNTERED ANYONE ELSE ON IT:

ROOM 7127-CLUB LEVEL. SIMILAR VIEW FOR BEAR-FACE ROOMS, VP AND PRESIDENTIAL SUITES:

CURRENT RESORT-BRANDED MERCHANDISE AT THE MERCANTILE:

GROCERIES AT THE MERCANTILE:

LET'S TAKE THE WONDERS OF THE WILDERNESS LODGE (AND VWL) TOUR.

MEETS AT THE WL LOBBY FIREPLACE AT 0900, WEDNESDAY - SATURDAY. TOUR IS FREE AND LASTS ONE HOUR. MORE INFORMATION.

RANGER JACK, OUR TOUR GUIDE:

LET'S WALK OVER TO THE VILLAS AND THE CAROLWOOD PACIFIC ROOM:

BACK TO THE LODGE AND TERRITORY LOUNGE:

THE CEILING:

NEXT DOOR AT ARTIST POINT:

ALL WL ROOMS RECEIVED A SOFT GOODS REHAB IN 2012. IT IS RUMORED THAT THE VILLAS WILL BE REHABBED IN 2014.

ROOM 7127:

ALL RECALLED WL REFRIGERATORS WERE REPLACED IN JULY 2013:

VAN, A WL CRAFTSMAN AND ORIGINAL WDW CAST MEMBER, (HE HELPED BUILD THE UTILIDORS), WHO BUILT THIS CABINET HIMSELF. HE IS ONE OF MANY TALENTED AND SPECIAL CAST MEMBERS AT WL AND VWL AND HE IS NOT BLURRY IN PERSON:

Kook, great pictures!!!! You just got us so excited for our Halloween trip to WL- CL. Can't wait to get back!!!

KOOK Fantastic! OMG WL is tugging on my RC gene bad. :rotfl2:

LOVE the pics and they make me anxious for our return in November, but... but... No trip report?? Please... :worship:

Kook, After the friendly invite on the CR thread I had to pop in and see your pics! They. Are. Gorgeous! Great job as usual!

I have only stayed here once but it is so beautiful I visit most trips. (We need 3 beds /ds and dd need separate now in teens).

It is such a fun resort and your pics captured what I love about it perfectly :goodvibes

Thanks for taking the time to take and post all of those pictures:cloud9:

I'm thinking of a return to WL this January. Love it, ESP. In winter. They were just starting the soft refurbs just after our last stay.
Not sure about CL, those solid balconies are a big gripe with me, as I enjoy sitting and looking out and enjoying the view.
Loved your pics :goodvibes

Great job on the pics posted so far. It amazes me how many people don't have or don't take the time to explore WL. I just love to walk each floor of the lobby area and find all the "hidden" areas. That front balcony is my favorite of all outside areas, especially in the mornings. Can't wait to take my millions of WL pics next week.

KOOK You are killing me right now, you know that, right??? :rotfl2:
Is that good or bad, Miss FTP?:thumbsup2

Kook, great pictures!!!! You just got us so excited for our Halloween trip to WL- CL. Can't wait to get back!!!
It easy to get excited about WL. You'll be back so soon!

KOOK Fantastic! OMG WL is tugging on my RC gene bad. :rotfl2:
Thank you, Sheila! Howsabouts a split stay?

Love all the pics!! Will have to remember to look for that hidden gem balcony! :goodvibes
I figured it was well known, but then I realized I've never seen anyone out there. I've never been at night, but wonder if you can catch a glimpse of Wishes way over to the right:confused3

LOVE the pics and they make me anxious for our return in November, but... but... No trip report?? Please... :worship:

Ah, the pressure! I didn't want this to be a repeat of the last two WL TRs and I try to keep current info. up on the WL thread. Maybe tomorrow I'll just post a short trip summary. But, it might just sound like all the other trips:upsidedow

Kook, After the friendly invite on the CR thread I had to pop in and see your pics! They. Are. Gorgeous! Great job as usual!
Great to have you over on this side of Bay Lake and thank you!

I have only stayed here once but it is so beautiful I visit most trips. (We need 3 beds /ds and dd need separate now in teens).

It is such a fun resort and your pics captured what I love about it perfectly :goodvibes

Thanks for taking the time to take and post all of those pictures:cloud9:
You'd need a villa or a Deluxe room, but I've never seen those discounted:sad2:. Have you considered a bunk bed? Those will fit even adults.

Thank you!

:flower3:

:worship:

:hug:
Awww shucks and thank you, but these must look very familiar considering you were staying CL right before I arrived:rolleyes1

I'm thinking of a return to WL this January. Love it, ESP. In winter. They were just starting the soft refurbs just after our last stay.
Not sure about CL, those solid balconies are a big gripe with me, as I enjoy sitting and looking out and enjoying the view.
Loved your pics :goodvibes
Do it, do it! If you book a Deluxe room you'd have a see-thru balcony;). The views from the lounge out to Bay Lake and the courtyard are amazing. You could sit in the lounge 24/7 right next to the HUGE window. That's a great view and it's climate controlled, oh, and you'd be closer to food and drinks;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter