Picture This: A WILDERNESS LODGE PICTORIAL OVERVIEW

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by WDWKOOK, Sep 8, 2013.

1. pas130

pas130 Always missing Florida....

pixiedust: WOOHOO AWESOME PICS Kookalicious :hug:

I will be there with DS4 (almost 5) and maybe DS12 if he does all his schoolwork (which he probably will) in 85 days. We have Standard Room, so this really got me excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:grouphug: to all our family here!!! I forsee some WL booking very very soon for the RCers! ::yes::

Did you stay in the Yellowstone suite again???:worship:

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. goofynut41

goofynut41 Disney Veteran

THANKS for the pictures!!!! :thumbsup2
    they was wonderful!!!!
    Can't wait to see it in person!!! :banana:

4. basketlacey

basketlacey DIS Veteran

KOOK - THANK YOU!!!

I have one night booked at WL before our F&W stay. OMG - I don't think I will want to leave. LOVE LOVE LOVE these pictures! Holy cow - it's gorgeous!!!!

We have a bunkbed room which we don't need but it was the cheapest room available.

5. ClareH37

ClareH37 DIS Veteran

Fabulous photos - I'm getting excited for my first WL stay :cool1:

6. wiigirl

wiigirl DIS Veteran

Wonderful pics! :goodvibes

7. ktlm

ktlm DIS Veteran

Absolutely gorgeous! We haven't stayed at WL in a few years (been at Poly and GF), and now I really want to get back there. I forgot how much I loved the place until I saw your pictures!

8. WDWKOOK

WDWKOOK NOW WITH LESS TAG!

The costumes won't be a problem at all - it's Disney World! I think it would be charming, but I can understand not feeling comfortable having to sit and eat in a costume.

First To Post - see, it wasn't a bad thing.

Swell?! Rock?! Love it! Interesting point about those FWCs and no upgrade. This must make it easier for the Room, err, Cabin Assignor. Did you put in a Loop request yet?

You must explore WL! It will feel like a new resort to you. You also must explore VWL and see the Carolwood Pacific room. You can take a break and play some checkers or just sit a spell by the fireplace:goodvibes

Yay! Can't wait to hear about how you all liked WL. Umm, nosireebob, no upgrade to the bestest suite east of the ole Miss. A very kind Lodgekeeper asked if I'd like a look-see. I was in there about 2 minutes, but it was enough time to see that I preferred the previous version better.

It's much better in person! You're going to love it::yes::

One visit, we didn't want to leave either. We had a split with Poly booked and after one night, DH said he didn't want to leave so we canceled Poly and extended WL/CL:). But, the Epcot resorts are so convenient for F&W - it's great walking to Epcot and DHS. Oh, keep checking for a non-bunk, people cancel all the time and you'll save a few bucks.

Thank you! Have you made any location requests yet?

Oh, thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed them.

It's so serene and WL gives you the illusion that you're more isolated since it backs to Bay Lake. It's very peaceful and away from some of the hustle and bustle.

9. Mousemommy1

Mousemommy1 DIS Veteran

:rotfl2: I always have too much fun with letters!

10. DoctorWhoGirl

DoctorWhoGirl Mouseketeer

Beautiful pictures - why do I torture myself by coming here daily and looking at pictures of the WL when I still have 48 more days till check-in....

11. WDWKOOK

Thank you! But don't look at it as torture... It's an enhancement to help in the anticipation of a fantastic vacation;)

12. pas130

pas130 Always missing Florida....

That's so nice you got a tour..you ARE WL royalty after all! So far DS is super excited for our trip, I hope he enjoys WL as much as I did on our last stay!!!

Wise words you speaketh :cloud9:

13. Lisann

Lisann Mouseketeer

Thanks for the great photos. Really loved seeing the presidential suite.

14. WDWKOOK

You're welcome. I only took photos of what had changed. I have many more pre-rehab photos HERE from our 2011 stay.

15. psac

psac DIS Veteran

Great pics! How was the content of the tour? Wanted to try to take it on our one morning next Saturday, but I don't think that can happen. It'll have to wait until the next stay at the Lodge then. :)

16. LovintheLodge

LovintheLodge DIS Veteran

WOW! Your pictures are great WDWKOOK! It's been 8 years since our stay at WL (we just loved it there!). It's such a beautifully themed resort. We took the lodge tour with Ranger Stan! I'm excited to be getting back for a visit in October. We have an ADR for Artiste Point (first time) one night.

The club level was VERY impressive. The appetizers seem more extensive than I've experienced at Y&BC. I couldn't believe you had chili and paella!

Thanks!
    Kerry

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

17. WDWKOOK

:wave:
    Thank you and I highly recommend the tour. At the end, you receive an 11 page handout. It has many facts about Lodge architecture, art and building materials. The tour also forces you to slow down a bit and take some of VWL ad WL in. But, they don't give out samples anymore. The first time we took the tour was in '97 and it included the Smokehouse and we fondly recall getting rib and plank salmon samples at AP.

Awww, thank you, Kerry. It's time for you to go back to WL::yes::. I found the appetizers at WL to in fact be more extensive than the Epcot resorts and there is much less fried food, which I prefer. The Epcot resorts do have the advantage of hard boiled eggs and oatmeal year 'round, but other than that, WL offers more unique items such as their world famous cobbler!

18. DreamerWDW

DreamerWDW A dream is a wish your heart makes...

Thank you SO MUCH for posting the pictures! The WL is our favorite resort and these pictures tell the story of why it's so special. I can't wait to stay in Mar 2014!!!

19. marmalade

marmalade DIS Veteran

And I thought I couldn't get anymore excited for our visit in December. :cloud9:

I don't think I have been this excited to go to Disney since our 1st visit. Your pictures are awesome!!

20. Amycakes78

Amycakes78 Earning My Ears

We just got here this afternoon...the pictures don't do it justice. The Lodge is breathtaking!

21. MinnesotaMouseketeers

MinnesotaMouseketeers DIS Veteran

Great pictures, the WL is my favorite resort. Wish I were there now!